Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

GTFO with that trade Dwight crap.

I'm just thinking man. I sincerely want him to stay but you never know. The reality of it is that we aren't sure if he'll re-sign with us. We weren't guaranteed anything and superstars can go where they please.

• Downvote 1

I'm just thinking man. I sincerely want him to stay but you never know. The reality of it is that we aren't sure if he'll re-sign with us. We weren't guaranteed anything and superstars can go where they please.

we aren't sure that paul will resign with us. so how does this help?

• Upvote 1

I'd honestly rather him walk, Paul wouldn't resign anyway. I don't know if I could continue to be a Magic fan if we dealt him.

I'd honestly rather him walk. I don't know if I could continue to be a Magic fan if we dealt him.

Why? We'd be in absolute turmoil as a franchise if we got no compensation for him.

As a fan, you have to stick through the ups and downs of the team so not being a Magic fan if Dwight were to leave makes you seem as either a fair weather fan or just a Dwight fan

Why? We'd be in absolute turmoil as a franchise if we got no compensation for him. As a fan, you have to stick through the ups and downs of the team

Because Paul wouldn't re-sign with us and we'd be stuck for Okafor's contract and Iggy, for basically our whole roster.

we aren't sure that paul will resign with us. so how does this help?

Well, Chris Paul and Dwight aren't the same player so I do not know how it will affect us exactly. We are basically trading the best center in the league for arguably the best point guard and a star wing-forward. We also acquire a serviceable Center to man the middle.

Paul > Jameer

Iguodala >= Turk + Bass

Okafor < Dwight

Projected Starting 5:

PG: Chris Paul

SG: Gilbert Arenas

SF: Andre Iguodala

PF: Ryan Anderson

C: Emeka Okafor

Bench: J.J. Redick, Quentin Richardson, Chris Duhon, Daniel Orton, 2011 Draft Pick(s)

Free Agency will let us pick up a cheap role player and we can draft a SG/SF to fill in a blank

I think this team would have a better flow instead of the "give the ball to Dwight, let him do work" attitude.

I WANT DWIGHT TO STAY, I'm just brainstorming to get some feedback on an idea

Because Paul wouldn't re-sign with us and we'd be stuck for Okafor's contract and Iggy, for basically our whole roster.

If we are successful, why wouldn't he re-sign?

And if you want CP3, we pretty much get Okafor as a package because that's the only way they'll deal him