Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

TPE to Houston for Courtney Lee

JJ Redick to New York for Landry Fields and Toney Douglas NY believes Douglas is worth alot more than just JJ

Jason Richardson (S&T) and Brandon Bass to Chicago for Carlos Boozer Done deal

Jameer Nelson, Daniel Orton, and Hedo Turkoglu to Portland for Marcus Camby and Nicholas Batum (Remember, Portland wanted Hedo pretty bad) Doesn't mean they want him now.

Resign Earl Clark

Arenas/Douglas/Duhon

Lee/Fields

Batum/Q. Richardson/Clark

Boozer/Anderson/Clark

Howard/Camby

I dig it.

• Upvote 1

One trade I think would be great for us would be to get Ben Gordon. I think Ben would be just like Jason Terry to us. Think of the similarities,

Both are great shooters

Both are very clutch

Both are undersized SG's but too much of scorers to be full time PG's

• Upvote 1

I seriously doubt the Lakers are going to ship out Odom unless it's for Dwight directly, included with Bynum and fillers.

what if they then offer Bynum and J.Smith for Dwight? :panicworker:

They don't have the capspace to sign him if I remember correctly, they'd have to unload some contracts our way and they'd have to take a bad one from us as well (Hedo / Arenas), so to optain him they have to trade for him. Orlando would not look at any trade offer from LA unless it includes Bynum, Odom and fillers I think. So trading Bynum/Odom for Smith, lessens their chances of getting Dwight because LA would not have anything we'd want.

At least I think so, I'm too tired to think right now.

Besides, it would be a PR suicide to trade ANOTHER big name center from the Magic to the Lakers. So I have a hard time imagening any deal between these two teams. Difference is though, we'd be getting something in return, unlike when Shaq left.

EDIT: Re-read your post... Bynum and J.Smith for Dwight? Doesn't that hurt their "We're getting J-Smoove, Dwight's best friend so we'll get Dwight!" chances? :shard:

at least the trades i proposed are trades that are rumored to be in talks or at least they involve players Dwight and Otis both want here. Some of the trades people make on here are so far fetched I laugh at them. 3 team and 4 team trades rarely happen..yet people on here do it all the time..just because it works on trade machine;which isnt even accurate;doesnt mean its going to happen... WE are NOT getting Clee back..or getting nash.. All my free agent signings were realistic as well. You can get Prince and or JR Smith for the MLE. THey could do what players did in Miami...take less money to play for a contender. Just because your a magic fan doesnt mean you come up with HOMER trades and unrealistic goals for next season. I bet alot of u last offseason said Orlando would win the title..Of course u would....ur homers..

• Downvote 6

at least the trades i proposed are trades that are rumored to be in talks or at least they involve players Dwight and Otis both want here. Some of the trades people make on here are so far fetched I laugh at them. 3 team and 4 team trades rarely happen..yet people on here do it all the time..just because it works on trade machine;which isnt even accurate;doesnt mean its going to happen... WE are NOT getting Clee back..or getting nash.. All my free agent signings were realistic as well. You can get Prince and or JR Smith for the MLE. THey could do what players did in Miami...take less money to play for a contender. Just because your a magic fan doesnt mean you come up with HOMER trades and unrealistic goals for next season. I bet alot of u last offseason said Orlando would win the title..Of course u would....ur homers..

It's offseason, man. Not much else to do regarding the NBA other than speculate on trades and try to have fun with it.

People are having fun aswell as talking serious, possible trades. Everybody knows we ain't getting CP3, Iggy, Ellis, Boozer and other big names in one offseason. We're just having fun with the trade machine and fooling around with the thought "hey if the Trade machine says it's possible, DO IT OTIS!".

Besides, who cares what trades are impossible or realistic? It's not like we have any say in them at all. We don't have the power to accept or deny in these things. It's like that Chicago troll who was trying to come up with random trades with us, and trying to make US accept them. We ain't the front office. So... have fun.

Hey, everyone; new to the boards! I'm a poster from Memphis (I'm a Grizzlies season ticket holder, and fan, and I grew up as a Magic fan since Penny --- from Memphis --- was drafted by your city's great organization, back in the day!)! I've been reading a lot of the posts here on the forums, and I just figured I would join in the speculation! As I was reading, I saw O. J. Mayo and Darrell Arthur's names come up, so I just thought that I would let you guys know --- as a fan of a team I probably get more local coverage of than you --- that the Grizzlies are only interested in hearing out trade offers for O. J. Mayo due to the fact that the team would have to pay him by the summer of 2012, and with Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, Zach Randolph, and Marc Gasol (any offer for him will be matched, barring something out-of-this-world happening) on the books, it would be hard to do. The Grizz would love to keep O. J. in Memphis, but they're just not sure that they can. As far as Darrell Arthur is concerned, I'm almost certain that he'll be in Memphis for the rest of his career. He's the unsung hero of the team's success in the 2010-2011 campaign! Oh, yeah. You guys are really lucky to get the chance to watch Dwight Howard every night (though, I watch all of the Magic games that I can on League Pass), not every team has a player like him!

Hey, everyone; new to the boards! I'm a poster from Memphis (I'm a Grizzlies season ticket holder, and fan, and I grew up as a Magic fan since Penny --- from Memphis --- was drafted by your city's great organization, back in the day!)! I've been reading a lot of the posts here on the forums, and I just figured I would join in the speculation! As I was reading, I saw O. J. Mayo and Darrell Arthur's names come up, so I just thought that I would let you guys know --- as a fan of a team I probably get more local coverage of than you --- that the Grizzlies are only interested in hearing out trade offers for O. J. Mayo due to the fact that the team would have to pay him by the summer of 2012, and with Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, Zach Randolph, and Marc Gasol (any offer for him will be matched, barring something out-of-this-world happening) on the books, it would be hard to do. The Grizz would love to keep O. J. in Memphis, but they're just not sure that they can. As far as Darrell Arthur is concerned, I'm almost certain that he'll be in Memphis for the rest of his career. He's the unsung hero of the team's success in the 2010-2011 campaign! Oh, yeah. You guys are really lucky to get the chance to watch Dwight Howard every night (though, I watch all of the Magic games that I can on League Pass), not every team has a player like him!

Thanks for the update and welcome!

If you hear anything on the trade front then let us know ;-)