Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

jason in Oviedo:

Hearing rumors about boozer being traded? Orlando an option?

Alex Kennedy:

I've talked to people who believe that Chicago will shop Boozer, but you have to keep in mind that his stock is at an all-time low right now. He disappeared in the playoffs and there's a reason Chicago is talking about moving less than a year after signing him. It'll be tough to move him for anything of substance, especially considering how much he's owed over the next four years.

With that said, if he does become available, the Orlando Magic will certainly express some level of interest. In the past, Dwight Howard has made it very clear to Otis Smith that he wants to play with Boozer and it's no secret that the two are best friends. They even stay at each other's houses during the offseason. With the Magic trying to do anything they can to keep Howard happy, they would have to make a play for Boozer should he become available.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?chat_topics_id=1705&status=Active#ixzz1PaNxYq2t

Question

If there was some way in hell that we were to aquire M. Ellis for Hedo and a bag of funions or whatever, do we still make a play for O.J. Mayo for our TPE and whatever else it would take to land him?

After a presentation by the union that detailed its staunch opposition to significant reductions in guaranteed contracts -- one of the owners' main contentions in previous negotiating sessions -- the league removed that plank from its current proposal to the players, in essence agreeing to return to the existing rules that allow teams to guarantee, either fully or partially, all contracts with their players.

But the league expects a signficant concession from the union next week to equal the one it believes it gave Friday.

Asked if that was the case, Stern said, "I would like one. I don't want to set expectations too high."

Stern did not specify what concession he wanted, but the notion of a hard cap that would limit total player salaries, along with an increased split for owners of Basketball Related Income (BRI) from the current 57-43 split in favor of the players are two points of emphasis for owners

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/06/17/da-labor-talks/index.html#?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Y would the sixers do that?

Philly wants a big and wants Turner to start taking over. IMO I think its a good return for Iggy, what more could they ask for

and for NOLA they get a much better return then Denver got for Melo. I like it alot the more I think about it. We swing a trade for Mayo and sign Shane Battier and you got your self a team

jason in Oviedo:

Hearing rumors about boozer being traded? Orlando an option?

Alex Kennedy:

I've talked to people who believe that Chicago will shop Boozer, but you have to keep in mind that his stock is at an all-time low right now. He disappeared in the playoffs and there's a reason Chicago is talking about moving less than a year after signing him. It'll be tough to move him for anything of substance, especially considering how much he's owed over the next four years.

With that said, if he does become available, the Orlando Magic will certainly express some level of interest. In the past, Dwight Howard has made it very clear to Otis Smith that he wants to play with Boozer and it's no secret that the two are best friends. They even stay at each other's houses during the offseason. With the Magic trying to do anything they can to keep Howard happy, they would have to make a play for Boozer should he become available.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?chat_topics_id=1705&status=Active#ixzz1PaNxYq2t

Yes and Please.

Philly wants a big and wants Turner to start taking over. IMO I think its a good return for Iggy, what more could they ask for

Come on man! They don't want turner starting that bad lol. They are going to trade what's probably their best player for 2 horrible contracts? Not to mention the fact Okafor is a decent C nothing great.

Come on man! They don't want turner starting that bad lol. They are going to trade what's probably their best player for 2 horrible contracts? Not to mention the fact Okafor is a decent C nothing great.

Bass has an ok contract and Okafor is a solid center. They are trying to trade Iggy anyway an this covers what they are looking for. Turk has a bad contract yes, but can he still make things happen, yes. Regardless of what Philly says they are most likely going to trade Iggy.