Sign in to follow this  
Omagic12

Rumor from Bulls board (about future Magic trades)

Boozer even disappears during the season. Having said that, I think it still makes us talent richer if we rid ourselves of Hedo and Bass for Boozer, but we'd have to have some defined roles for sure. I'm just not putting him in my top 10 guys to go after category.

I think you are forgetting, it does not matter where you put any player on your list of players wanted. It only matters where Dwight has the players ranked, and the players he wants here to play with.

Dwight had already said before that he wanted Boozer here, or at least that was the rumors, so that is all that matters, if you want Dwight to stay.

I think you are forgetting, it does not matter where you put any player on your list of players wanted. It only matters where Dwight has the players ranked, and the players he wants here to play with.

Dwight had already said before that he wanted Boozer here, or at least that was the rumors, so that is all that matters, if you want Dwight to stay.

no, I'm not forgetting this, I'm posting my opinion on an internet message board. Nothing I have ever wanted to happen with my team has happened really, so, I'm aware that it matters not what I desire. I do not recall Dwight specifically stating that he wanted Booze, but eff it, I don't care as long as it works.

Isn't Boozer one of the reasons Bosh was able to have a great series vs the Bulls?

Dude helped awaken the sleeping big of the big 3.

I think he's also the size of Bass, if that matters.

I like his offensive game, but I'm not sure he would help the Magic win a 'ship.

I say we just let Dwight be GM for a week

I think Boozer would be a good fit here. He's always had to the be the "big-guy-who-scores-and-gets-all-the-rebounds." That's a little muted on the Bulls, where Noah picks up the defensive and rebounding slack, but I think he'd go crazy behind a center who's as dominating as Howard is.

He's a good passer, smart player, good rebounder. He's not stellar on defense, but can you name a PF on our team who is?

He's noticeably worse than any PF on our team currently on defense, unless you count Allen as a 4.

Well, let's see:

Boozer gets 7.4 defensive rebounds per game, .8 steals, .3 blocks

Bass gets 5.6 defensive rebounds per game, .4 steals, .7 blocks

Anderson gets 2.8 defensive rebounds per game, .5 steals, .6 blocks

Guess it depends on where you put your faith in the defensive numbers. He's not a shot-blocker, but behind Dwight, he wouldn't have to be.

Well, let's see:

Guess it depends on where you put your faith in the defensive numbers. He's not a shot-blocker, but behind Dwight, he wouldn't have to be.

Defense is SO MUCH more than just rebounds, blocks and steals.

And your rebounding numbers for Bass and Anderson are comically off.

Well, let's see:

you should look at opponents field goal percentage.

Defense is SO MUCH more than just rebounds, blocks and steals.

And your rebounding numbers for Bass and Anderson are comically off.

By "comically off," do you mean "taken directly from the NBA website?"

In your defense, I thought they were way higher, too, but.....nope. In the end, it doesn't matter: I don't see the Bulls letting him walk, and they DEFINITELY won't be sending him our way all gift-wrapped for Hedo.