Sign in to follow this  
Stan Van Jeremy

Monta Ellis on the trading block

Ellis doesnt seem to fit what we are looking for in the backcourt. We need scoring, but not at the expense of organized, playoff type basketball. Now, if Ellis could learn to reshape his game I would certainly contemplate the thought. As it stands I find him to be moderately over rated by many on here...somwhere between Gortat and Courtney Lee on the scale.

Also, there are few certain terms that can be agreed on by the players and the league with regard to the new CBA. However, from what it sounds like, all exceptions are bye bye except the vet min perhaps. So kiss the MLE and players like Tayshaun Prince bye bye. Please dont use them in your fantasy lineups because there wont be the exceptions you are suggesting available to pick them up.

Says the guy who wants Jrue Holiday :svgsad:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm always concerned with undersized guards that don't play defense, mostly with a guy like Wade around (until further notice all paths to the Finals go through him). If we kept Jameer, that would be a really small back court.

Does he need the ball in his hands to be effective?

I'm always concerned with undersized guards that don't play defense, mostly with a guy like Wade around (until further notice all paths to the Finals go through him). If we kept Jameer, that would be a really small back court.

Does he need the ball in his hands to be effective?

Yes he does a lot of stuff off the dribble plus he doesn't distribute

Yes he does a lot of stuff off the dribble plus he doesn't distribute

Well the Magic do need some creative offense off the dribble, but it looks like he would be ineffective if he can't create...

I'm not sure Ellis is the answer, but if he is the best we can do, you have to do it. We don't have options here, we can't win with what we have and we aren't going to convince Dwight to stay being standing pat.

Says the guy who wants Jrue Holiday :svgsad:

I dont know what you are trying to suggest with that other than you once again have shown that you should stick to cheezburger posts. Jrue is a multifaceted player on the offensive end (moreseo that Ellis) and plays defense (unlike Ellis). The only thing Ellis does better is putting up more shot attempts in a game. He averaged 10ppg more than Holiday but took 166% more shots than Holiday did. Holiday has him beat otherwise. Plus, his contract would be much better than Ellis'. But we arent getting Holiday anyway so all this nonsense is pointless.

I dont know what you are trying to suggest with that other than you once again have shown that you should stick to cheezburger posts. Jrue is a multifaceted player on the offensive end (moreseo that Ellis) and plays defense (unlike Ellis). The only thing Ellis does better is putting up more shot attempts in a game. He averaged 10ppg more than Holiday but took 150% more shots than Holiday did. Holiday has him beat otherwise. Plus, his contract would be much better than Ellis'. But we arent getting Holiday anyway so all this nonsense is pointless.

Jrue's not even the best basketball player in his family.

I looked at this for a trade, this will definitely give the magic a new look. There are two options.

Orlando - Golden State - New Orleans

Ellis Bass Turkoglu

Paul Nelson Arenas

Okafor

Wright

Orlando - New Orleans - Philidelphia

Igoudala Turoglu Nelson

Paul Arenas Q Richardson

Okafor

West

I dont know what you are trying to suggest with that other than you once again have shown that you should stick to cheezburger posts. Jrue is a multifaceted player on the offensive end (moreseo that Ellis) and plays defense (unlike Ellis). The only thing Ellis does better is putting up more shot attempts in a game. He averaged 10ppg more than Holiday but took 166% more shots than Holiday did. Holiday has him beat otherwise. Plus, his contract would be much better than Ellis'. But we arent getting Holiday anyway so all this nonsense is pointless.

"We need scoring, but not at the expense of organized, playoff type basketball"

I highlighted that comment. What did you not understand?

You're making me dislike Jrue Holiday.

I looked at this for a trade, this will definitely give the magic a new look. There are two options.

Orlando - Golden State - New Orleans

Ellis Bass Turkoglu

Paul Nelson Arenas

Okafor

Wright

Orlando - New Orleans - Philidelphia

Igoudala Turoglu Nelson

Paul Arenas Q Richardson

Okafor

West

we aren't giving up nearly enough.

I'm not sure Ellis is the answer, but if he is the best we can do, you have to do it. We don't have options here, we can't win with what we have and we aren't going to convince Dwight to stay being standing pat.

Agree 100%. Ellis is a better option than what we have now. Maybe we can get a player like Ellis and he will improve instead of decline. A gamble has to pay off for us eventually...

Jrue's not even the best basketball player in his family.

Comparing a top pg prospect and a current nba player to a one-time pac 10 defensive player of the year is really not a weighty comment. Although considering that Justin could very well be able to post up Jrue in a game of one on one with some relative ease could in some demented way justify your otherwise baseless comment.

Justin will be a situational wing defender, if anything, at the NBA level. His jumpshot is non-existent.

That being said, I would rather take him at #53 than Goudelock, or however you spell his name.