Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The NBA and fining players for social commentary

Of course I understand that its bad for the NBA with advocacy groups breathing down their necks, but you make it sound as if what they said was intolerant. A word without context holds no power, f*ggot in nature was not originally a reference to homosexuality at all, it transitioned to that term, just like it is transitioning to mean stupid

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Would you consider it completely acceptable for a white player to refer to a bunch of fans as n*****s, as long as those fans weren't black, since that'd mean the term had no context?

Because that position is ludicrous and completely indefensible.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Would you consider it completely acceptable for a white player to refer to a bunch of fans as n*****s, as long as those fans weren't black, since that'd mean the term had no context?

Well put, Xenu.

Anyway, I think I saw you at mma-core.com, do you visit that site often?

Well put, Xenu.

Anyway, I think I saw you at mma-core.com, do you visit that site often?

Lord Xenu doesn't visit that site ever, but is now concerned about the possibility of Xenu imposters on Teegeeack.

Do you pathetic sub-creatures lack shame?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lord Xenu doesn't visit that site ever, but is now concerned about the possibility of Xenu imposters on Teegeeack.

Do you pathetic sub-creatures lack shame?

LOL, there was a video where a white fellow knocks out a black fellow on the streets, and obviously lots of racists remarks appeared in the comments section, and then a guy said something like:

Guys, don't fight because of race. Lord Xenu doesn't approve it

The NBA can choose to fine their employees for saying gay slurs or anything that they deem to be offensive. However they cannot fine a fan for it, and I tend to think it would be difficult to get one removed from a game for using one gay slur. Hence they are hoping to encourage people to not use offensive language.

Just to bring up something off topic why does the NBA not have a problem with the word nigga being used? I personally find that more offensive than gay..Just a thought. I am not sure how often it is said during a game but I know I have heard it once or twice while at a game.

• Upvote 1

N****r has a historical meaning in America aligned with slavery and black oppression, and was entirely created as a new word. Fa**ot is a relatively recent term for homosexuals with no background and has different meanings across the world.

But to answer your question, I can see how some would be offended but the more you suppress speech, the more people feel inclined to use it. The only reason people use these words in the first place is because of the cultural taboo aligned with them. Completely acceptable? Probably not, but I wouldn't throw a hissy fit and play victim if it happened.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

N****r has a historical meaning in America aligned with slavery and black oppression, and was entirely created as a new word. Fa**ot is a relatively recent term for homosexuals with no background and has different meanings across the world.

But to answer your question, I can see how some would be offended but the more you suppress speech, the more people feel inclined to use it. The only reason people use these words in the first place is because of the cultural taboo aligned with them. Completely acceptable? Probably not, but I wouldn't throw a hissy fit and play victim if it happened.

You, sir, are a complete and utter buffoon, even relative to the already buffoonish Teegeeackians.

But at least now we all know that you're ignorant towards homophobia AND racism. So that's something.

Truly, you are bound by many Thetans, pathetic sub-creature.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You, sir, are a complete and utter buffoon, even relative to the already buffoonish Teegeeackians.

But at least now we all know that you're ignorant towards homophobia AND racism. So that's something.

Truly, you are bound by many Thetans, pathetic sub-creature.

Okay, keep high up in those politically correct cloud Xenu. Sad to see a high power such as yours bound by political correctness and whiny victimless babies wanting some attention. By the way, nice rebuttal, oh wait there wasn't one

There was no argument for which to offer rebuttal, you pathetic Teegeeackian.

The entire crux of your position is "It doesn't bother me, therefore it shouldn't bother anyone."

Lord Xenu rules over the entire Galactic Federation, and even Xenu isn't that arrogant.

F**ggot is not a new word. It's a pretty old one, maybe even older than N**ger. Louis CK explains this in his TV show, Louie, in one of the best sketches ever made.

The entire crux of your position is "It doesn't bother me, therefore it shouldn't bother anyone."

But to answer your question, I can see how some would be offended but the more you suppress speech, the more people feel inclined to use it.

But regardless, tell me why someone should be offended by a word not directed at them or their cultural group in the context besides saying "its a bad word"

F**ggot is not a new word. It's a pretty old one, maybe even older than N**ger. Louis CK explains this in his TV show, Louie, in one of the best sketches ever made.

Its definitely an older word than N***er, but its more recent than N***er in terms of having a homosexual definition

Nsfw, obviously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IFloXOuLgA