Sign in to follow this  
Erik

How tall are we?

I am 5'11" now, but I was a bit over 6 foot in my playing days. That was back in the 1960s. I am 58 now. Over time, you can shrink a bit.

I played 2 years varsity in high school, then a year at college. Then I got drafted into the Army.(Thankfully people don't have to worry about that today.)

In high school I was a forward. We didn't have a lot of tall athletic kids in my school. I was a very good shooter.

In college I was basically a 3. I could really jump in those days. After college I played a lot of military ball, and some international ball in Germany. Our team won the international military olympics in 1975 in Stuttgart, Germany. But in those days a good high school could have beat a good German team.

Later I switched to coaching youth basketball. My favorite thing was teaching a kid to use his off hand. When it worked, it was a beautiful thing. And for young guys, it is one of the most important things you can do to improve your game.

I am 6'3" play PG/SG. Played High School ball, played some national AAU Ball, didn't have any offers from D-1 so decided not to play in college and instead played in some semi-pro leagues, broke some bones and hung up the shoes.

quote:
I was a seven footer...

But life beat me down .

Now I'm only 5 foot 7...

lol

6'3" here, played football and B-Ball until I moved to Florida from the midwest in High School. Football coaches here banned us from playing B-ball as well, wanted us in the weight room instead.

Was asked to walk on at FSU by the linebacker coach, but decided to enjoy college and concentrate on my degree instead of being on the scout team getting run over by future NFL stars.

Still play B-Ball in various rec. leagues for the last twenty years, my knees wish I had chosen it over football in high school.

Here's one for you.

I was 4'-8" and weighed 85 pounds my freshman year of high-school. I was by far the smallest kid at Edgewater. After my Junior year I grew 9 inches. I am now 6'-0" 195 pounds.

Played intramural basketball and a lot of weekend pickup games in Riviera. Scary **** happens there, so I don't go anymore.

Baseball was my thing. All-County in high-school then played my frshman year at UCF before a busted knee and herniated disks limited my time on the field.

quote:
Originally posted by *KEEBLER*:

6'2" played double A baseball in PR as a picther. Played SG in highschool.

Anybody still interested in playing baseball now..

I play in a amateur league in Central Florida... Was a point guard in Highshcool.. Played alot of hoop-it-up tornys and won 3 of em...

quote:
Originally posted by Black And Blue:

I'm 6 foot 5. I believe that makes me the tallest. I can dunk and enjoy romantic walks on the beach.

So do I,and at night I like to start a fire and roast marshmellow's,while the ocean breeze blows threw my hair.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

quote:
Originally posted by Black And Blue:

I'm 6 foot 5. I believe that makes me the tallest. I can dunk and enjoy romantic walks on the beach.

So do I,and at night I like to start a fire and roast marshmellow's,while the ocean breeze blows threw my hair.

For all you know, you both get your bikinis waxed at the same salon and it's only a matter of time and a chance meeting before you get to propostion each other for a date.