Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

It's the End of the World as we Know it

Apparently the world is going to end tomorrow at 6pm -- this is according to some lunatic religious man in California.

So just for fun, since this is the slowest offseason ever, if the world does actually end tomorrow at that time, what would you want to get done between now and then?

Apparently the world is going to end tomorrow at 6pm -- this is according to some lunatic religious man in California.

So just for fun, since this is the slowest offseason ever, if the world does actually end tomorrow at that time, what would you want to get done between now and then?

well the world wont end tomorrow. Supposedly its the rapture tomorrow (where all christians join christ in heaven iirc). I'll probably be happy because there would be more jobs available.

• Upvote 1

I always found something kind of funny about the rapture. A couple billion people disappearing off the planet would have some dire consequences. Planes would fall out of the sky. Thousands of people would die in car accidents. All government aid agencies would be rendered at least temporarily ineffective. Every parent of a young child, that wasn't Christian, would suddenly have their children go missing. It would literally be the worst day in human existance....and yet, this is supposed to be a day to be celebrated? I don't get it. I can't even fathom a god that would call this a "reward for righteousness".

I always found something kind of funny about the rapture. A couple billion people disappearing off the planet would have some dire consequences. Planes would fall out of the sky. Thousands of people would die in car accidents. All government aid agencies would be rendered at least temporarily ineffective. Every parent of a young child, that wasn't Christian, would suddenly have their children go missing. It would literally be the worst day in human existance....and yet, this is supposed to be a day to be celebrated? I don't get it. I can't even fathom a god that would call this a "reward for righteousness".

the people who are holy enough to be part of the rapture are probably not the people living within society.

Duh, it's the same god who murdered the earth's entire population in a flood because he was jealous. You shouldn't be surprised.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Duh, it's the same god who murdered the earth's entire population in a flood because he was jealous. You shouldn't be surprised.

I'm more surprised at the people who look forward to the day like it will be a glorious celebration. Even if you are someone lucky enough to be raptured, you will be leaving someone behind that will be suffering immensely. That doesn't sound like a happy event at all.

This wasn't supposed to turn into a religious debate. It was just supposed to be a fun thing to think about, if the world did end tomorrow what would you want to do?

And lets chill with the stereotypes being thrown around. Just cause you don't believe it or whatever don't trash the people who do or what they believe. Let's show a little respect.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And lets chill with the stereotypes being thrown around. Just cause you don't believe it or whatever don't trash the people who do or what they believe. Let's show a little respect.

Cool.

Aside from that, ridiculous claims deserve to be ridiculed. Especially in this case, because lots of gullible people are going to ruin their lives because this guy has a weird doomsday fetish.

• Upvote 1

Cool.

Aside from that, ridiculous claims deserve to be ridiculed. Especially in this case, because lots of gullible people are going to ruin their lives because this guy has a weird doomsday fetish.

I heard about a guy today, on the Scott Van Pelt, who quit his job and bought a farrari haha

It only takes one dumbass to make an entire religion look bad, that's what we learned today. What's worse is almost every Christian in the world said the guy was an idiot, but apparently it fell on deaf ears.

It only takes one dumbass to make an entire religion look bad, that's what we learned today. What's worse is almost every Christian in the world said the guy was an idiot, but apparently it fell on deaf ears.

I disagree. The problem wasn't with what he predicted would happen, just the timing. Christians still believe this stuff will happen some day. So I don't think this one guy is responsible for making the entire religion look bad, since he was only pinning down a date for one of the core beliefs of that religion.