Sign in to follow this  
Commodore K'nection

If Magic trade Dwight Howard, Chicago Bulls ideal destination

Trade 1: Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, plus 3 first rd picks

Trade 2: Joakim Noah, Ricky Rubio (Bulls trade Gibson plus picks to Minnesota for Rubio)

Trade 3: Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, and OJ Mayo (Bulls trade Omer Asik to Grizzlies for Mayo)

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

"We'll give you our 3rd best player, our 6th best player and 3 late firsts/other people's players" in exchange for a top 3 player in the league.

How can you say no?"

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

• Upvote 3

If I were playing GM for the Magic; there is no way on this planet I trade Dwight to another Eastern conference team. I mean, what I would really want is the pleasure to see Dwight and Rose play pick and roll against my team at least 4 times a year for the next 6 years. Screw that, I'm sending him West....and I really wouldn't give a crap if the team he landed on would "instantly compete" for a championship. That wouldn't be my concern.

To answer your next inevitable question: In the unlikely event that Dwight demands a trade to Chicago and Chicago alone - and contrary to what ESPN is reporting these days, he has stated quite the opposite - I would rather let him walk and gain nothing in return then send him to a conference rival. I certainly have no interest in shouldering Noah's 5 year contract when I enter full scale rebuilding mode. I want to be Cleveland Cavaliers crappy, not Milwaukee Bucks mediocre.

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

"We'll give you our 3rd best player, our 6th best player and 3 late firsts/other people's players" in exchange for a top 3 player in the league.

How can you say no?"

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

Suffice it to say LeBron is a more valued commodity around the league than Dwight Howard, even though D-12 is a better person (not a douche). If Cleveland could do it over again, knowing that LeBron was going to take this thing all the way to FA, I'm sure they would willingly take Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson and OJ Mayo. With that core they might have made the 8th seed instead of being the worst team in the league.

Can you imagine the Magic roster if Dwight left in FA? You'd be running Jameer, Gilbert, Redick, Turkgolu and Bass out there. Noah, Gibson, Mayo and Gilbert sounds pretty appealing after all, doesn't it?

GUESS WHAT!?!? I KNOW THIS MIGHT SOUND KOO KOO LIKE ELLL LOCO BUT DIWGHT IS NOT LEAVING!!!!

END OF THREAD!

Suffice it to say LeBron is a more valued commodity around the league than Dwight Howard, even though D-12 is a better person (not a douche). If Cleveland could do it over again, knowing that LeBron was going to take this thing all the way to FA, I'm sure they would willingly take Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson and OJ Mayo. With that core they might have made the 8th seed instead of being the worst team in the league.

Can you imagine the Magic roster if Dwight left in FA? You'd be running Jameer, Gilbert, Redick, Turkgolu and Bass out there. Noah, Gibson, Mayo and Gilbert sounds pretty appealing after all, doesn't it?

Cleveland would be the only team in nba history with the goal of an 8th seed.

Chase you sound like the most sensible guy in here. D12 has never said hes going anywhere...his reluctance to sign is obviously to put pressure on mangement to do the right thing and give him a reason to stay. So until I see what has been done or what hasnt this offseason im going to believe our boy is staying....so with that being said all these trolls in here promoting their teams trades can take a flying *****. Keep to your own boards.

Bulls fan here. If D-12 decides not to re-sign with the Magic, your GM may have no choice but to consider a trade. Looking at the NBA landscape, the Bulls are the perfect destination for Dwight Howard. First, the Bulls are a young, elite Eastern conference team in a big market, with a dominant young PG. Doesn't hurt that Derrick and Dwight know each other from the adidas commercials. Secondly, the Bulls have the pieces to make a somewhat balanced trade to help offset the loss of your franchise center.

Looking at what's available out there (Andrew Bynum?) it makes perfect sense. We can offer you the following packages for Dwight:

Trade 1: Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, plus 3 first rd picks

Trade 2: Joakim Noah, Ricky Rubio (Bulls trade Gibson plus picks to Minnesota for Rubio)

Trade 3: Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, and OJ Mayo (Bulls trade Omer Asik to Grizzlies for Mayo)

Trading Dwight to Chicago allows Dwight the opportunity to compete for a championship for the rest of his career alongside D-Rose. Also, the Magic get back a young true Center in Noah, plus either a young PF, PG or scoring wing player. Make it happen, Otis.

Thoughts?

Waist of time

GUESS WHAT!?!? I KNOW THIS MIGHT SOUND KOO KOO LIKE ELLL LOCO BUT DIWGHT IS NOT LEAVING!!!!

END OF THREAD!

I hear ya. D-12 is not LeBron. LeBron didn't want to be in Cleveland. Dwight on the other hand, WANTS NOTHING MORE than to stay in Orlando. O-town has great weather, a passionate fan base, his home is there, his legacy is there, heck Dwight probably even likes how he looks in his Magic jersey better than someone else's.

BUT, if Otis Smith can't turn this thing around (and the past two off-seasons his moves have worsened the team more and more), what choice will Dwight have in the summer of 2012? Honestly, your best chance to keep Dwight is pretty obvious: tank the 2011-2012 season, if there is one, and hope to land a young, talented player like a John Wall or Blake Griffin to pair with Howard. That is not going to happen.

But short of that, with the bloated payroll and long-term albatross contracts of Arenas and Turk, the Magic's hands are tied. Dwight can play out a 3 or 4 more seasons and hope to recruit a big name free-agent once Arenas comes off the books, but then he'd be in his 30s without a ring to show for it.

Miami and Chicago are built to come out of the East for the next several seasons. Heck even ATL with their young PG Jeff Teague have the Magic's number. How is Dwight and the Magic ever going to get over the hump with his aging supporting cast any time soon if he stays in Orlando?

holy crap. I never thought I'd read this sentence in my entire life.

Either did I.... :pokewithstick:

Sometimes being the worst team in the league pays off. How do you think we got Howard?