Sign in to follow this  
Commodore K'nection

If Magic trade Dwight Howard, Chicago Bulls ideal destination

Bulls fan here. If D-12 decides not to re-sign with the Magic, your GM may have no choice but to consider a trade. Looking at the NBA landscape, the Bulls are the perfect destination for Dwight Howard. First, the Bulls are a young, elite Eastern conference team in a big market, with a dominant young PG. Doesn't hurt that Derrick and Dwight know each other from the adidas commercials. Secondly, the Bulls have the pieces to make a somewhat balanced trade to help offset the loss of your franchise center.

Looking at what's available out there (Andrew Bynum?) it makes perfect sense. We can offer you the following packages for Dwight:

Trade 1: Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, plus 3 first rd picks

Trade 2: Joakim Noah, Ricky Rubio (Bulls trade Gibson plus picks to Minnesota for Rubio)

Trade 3: Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, and OJ Mayo (Bulls trade Omer Asik to Grizzlies for Mayo)

Trading Dwight to Chicago allows Dwight the opportunity to compete for a championship for the rest of his career alongside D-Rose. Also, the Magic get back a young true Center in Noah, plus either a young PF, PG or scoring wing player. Make it happen, Otis.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

People are gonna flame you, but if I had to choose a trade (in honesty I'd rather let him walk), the third and first ones sound pretty darn good.

That third option would have to add a 1st or 2 1sts though.

Chicago Bulls is the ideal destination for Chicago fans, I'm not sure if you honestly believe that's Dwight's best option or the best trade package the Magic could get for him, but if it is, kindly take your stuff and leave, sir

The only player of interest on the Bulls I would even consider trading Dwight for is Rose...and even then, it would require additional high draft picks-which CHI doesnt have.

No to any of those deals. If the Nuggets can get a bunch of good players for a guy like Melo, we can get more for a dominant big man who is the league's best defender. If we HAD to trade Dwight, the Bulls could put together a package but it will cost more than that dude.

Chicago Bulls is the ideal destination for Chicago fans, I'm not sure if you honestly believe that's Dwight's best option or the best trade package the Magic could get for him, but if it is, kindly take your stuff and leave, sir

Hey I'm trying to give you good stuff here. We'll even take one of your bad contracts, how about Turk? We could use another Turk if we lose Asik. These are pretty legit offers, if I was just messing around, I'd say Carlos Boozer instead of Taj Gibson. But I know if the Magic do trade Howard, they'd want 1) young talent and 2) cap flexibility in return.

You can't honestly tell me Dwight wouldn't love playing with Derrick Rose. He hasn't had an elite PG ever in Orlando, and the pick and roll with Rose / Howard would be unstoppable (think Nash / Amare but with more explosiveness).

The Bulls are Dwight's best option (young team, compete for championships right away and for years to come). The alternative is to stay in Orlando and get knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st round the next several years like KG in Minnesota all those years.

Great, now we're going to have to deal with trolls from other teams with their "trade Dwight to us for our crap" threads.

:svgsad:

The alternative is to stay in Orlando and get knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st round the next several years like KG in Minnesota all those years.

Because that's the pattern we've seen develop over the past several seasons.

• Upvote 2

Hey I'm trying to give you good stuff here. We'll even take one of your bad contracts, how about Turk? We could use another Turk if we lose Asik. These are pretty legit offers, if I was just messing around, I'd say Carlos Boozer instead of Taj Gibson. But I know if the Magic do trade Howard, they'd want 1) young talent and 2) cap flexibility in return.

You can't honestly tell me Dwight wouldn't love playing with Derrick Rose. He hasn't had an elite PG ever in Orlando, and the pick and roll with Rose / Howard would be unstoppable (think Nash / Amare but with more explosiveness).

The Bulls are Dwight's best option (young team, compete for championships right away and for years to come). The alternative is to stay in Orlando and get knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st round the next several years like KG in Minnesota all those years.

1) I'm not sure why you're talking to me like I'm either the Magic's GM or Dwight Howard.

2) If Dwight Howard demands to be traded to a certain number of teams, why should management care about which team Dwight would flourish the most at? Like they'd think "Well, several other teams have given FAR better trades than the Bulls but can you imagine that Rose/Dwight Pick and Roll??? How can we say no to that???"

3) I think the alternative is to stay with Orlando and try to rebuild/recruit and just making sure you don't try to build your team around Eddy Curry

• Upvote 1

Great, now we're going to have to deal with trolls from other teams with their "trade Dwight to us for our crap" threads.

:svgsad:

Because that's the pattern we've seen develop over the past several seasons.

I was thinking the same thing. More trolls from other teams.

This is a 2-fold issue trading Dwight. First he has to WANT to go to the team trading for him. Maybe the LA Clippers could offer a better package (Eric Gordon, Al Farouq-Aminu, Chris Kaman, DeAndre Jordan?), but anyone here really believes Dwight wants to play second fiddle in LA?

In Chicago, he'd be Star 1-A next to Derrick Rose. The Bulls are also a team with a world-wide fan base. AND we can offer young, inexpensive talent plus take on bad contracts. If the Bulls aren't the TOP destination for Dwight, they are in the top 3. Name me any another cities that Dwight would want to go to, plus has enough talent to fairly compensate the Magic?