Sign in to follow this  
Commodore K'nection

If Magic trade Dwight Howard, Chicago Bulls ideal destination

Hey I'm trying to give you good stuff here. We'll even take one of your bad contracts, how about Turk? We could use another Turk if we lose Asik. These are pretty legit offers, if I was just messing around, I'd say Carlos Boozer instead of Taj Gibson. But I know if the Magic do trade Howard, they'd want 1) young talent and 2) cap flexibility in return.

You can't honestly tell me Dwight wouldn't love playing with Derrick Rose. He hasn't had an elite PG ever in Orlando, and the pick and roll with Rose / Howard would be unstoppable (think Nash / Amare but with more explosiveness).

The Bulls are Dwight's best option (young team, compete for championships right away and for years to come). The alternative is to stay in Orlando and get knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st round the next several years like KG in Minnesota all those years.

not so fast guy, i dont believe you current team would beat our current team in a series- even if you beat the hawks...

This is a 2-fold issue trading Dwight. First he has to WANT to go to the team trading for him. Maybe the LA Clippers could offer a better package (Eric Gordon, Al Farouq-Aminu, Chris Kaman, DeAndre Jordan?), but anyone here really believes Dwight wants to play second fiddle in LA?

In Chicago, he'd be Star 1-A next to Derrick Rose. The Bulls are also a team with a world-wide fan base. AND we can offer young, inexpensive talent plus take on bad contracts. If the Bulls aren't the TOP destination for Dwight, they are in the top 3. Name me any another cities that Dwight would want to go to, plus has enough talent to fairly compensate the Magic?

Are you sure?

First, Noah and Mayo would not be close to "fair compensation" for Dwight. Second, he'd be more of a second fiddle in Chicago with the hometown hero in Rose, versus the declining Kobe who would quickly, if not instantly, become second fiddle, and rightfully so.

Bulls fan here. If D-12 decides not to re-sign with the Magic, your GM may have no choice but to consider a trade. Looking at the NBA landscape, the Bulls are the perfect destination for Dwight Howard. First, the Bulls are a young, elite Eastern conference team in a big market, with a dominant young PG. Doesn't hurt that Derrick and Dwight know each other from the adidas commercials. Secondly, the Bulls have the pieces to make a somewhat balanced trade to help offset the loss of your franchise center.

Looking at what's available out there (Andrew Bynum?) it makes perfect sense. We can offer you the following packages for Dwight:

Trade 1: Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, plus 3 first rd picks

Trade 2: Joakim Noah, Ricky Rubio (Bulls trade Gibson plus picks to Minnesota for Rubio)

Trade 3: Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, and OJ Mayo (Bulls trade Omer Asik to Grizzlies for Mayo)

Trading Dwight to Chicago allows Dwight the opportunity to compete for a championship for the rest of his career alongside D-Rose. Also, the Magic get back a young true Center in Noah, plus either a young PF, PG or scoring wing player. Make it happen, Otis.

Thoughts?

Russell Westbrook > Any if these packages

Go lay down.

Are you sure?

Joakim Noah is a double-double true center who made 2nd All-NBA Defensive team. He also has a reasonable contract at 5 yrs $55 million.

Taj Gibson is a legit starting PF still on his rookie deal.

We have the Charlotte Bobcats 1st round pick from the Tyrus Thomas deal to throw in, plus our future 1st Rd picks.

The Memphis Grizzlies wanted to trade OJ Mayo to us during the trade deadline for Omer Asik, but we refused. We can get Mayo to provide you guys a young, athletic creator which you are sorely missing on the wing.

Or we can try to get Ricky Rubio or another young PG such as Ty Lawson, Ray Felton, Aaron Brooks etc with Asik. Or heck we can just trade you Asik and give you a monster front line of Noah, Gibson and Asik.

Joakim Noah is a double-double true center who made 2nd All-NBA Defensive team. He also has a reasonable contract at 5 yrs $55 million.

Taj Gibson is a legit starting PF still on his rookie deal.

We have the Charlotte Bobcats 1st round pick from the Tyrus Thomas deal to throw in, plus our future 1st Rd picks.

The Memphis Grizzlies wanted to trade OJ Mayo to us during the trade deadline for Omer Asik, but we refused. We can get Mayo to provide you guys a young, athletic creator which you are sorely missing on the wing.

Or we can try to get Ricky Rubio or another young PG such as Ty Lawson, Ray Felton, Aaron Brooks etc with Asik. Or heck we can just trade you Asik and give you a monster front line of Noah, Gibson and Asik.

Hey man while you're still here can you give me some feedback of this trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3lbxkel

I think it's pretty good deal for both sides?

• Upvote 3

Or Rose could say "This team is not as good as I thought it was. I'm doing too much work on offense. I feel like Lebron on Cleveland. Mr. Paxson, please trade me to the Magic"

There is NO way you can turn these down for Rose.

1. Jameer and Bass

2. Jameer, Bass, and Blake Griffin (trade Fran for Blake).

3. Jameer, Bass, Blake, and Gordon (trade Fran, and yet another future Magic1st round pick).

• Upvote 3

Or Rose could say "This team is not as good as I thought it was. I'm doing too much work on offense. I feel like Lebron on Cleveland. Mr. Paxson, please trade me to the Magic"

1. Jameer and Bass

3. Jameer, Bass, Blake, and Gordon (trade Fran, and yet another future Magic1st round pick).

I... I can't tell if you're making a funny or not.

Here's the problem dude. You're coming up with ideas to get Dwight for the cheapest you possibly can. It won't happen that way. If the Nuggets can get a handful of good young players for Carmelo Anthony, the Magic can get just as much if not more for Dwight Howard who is 10x more valuable of an asset than Melo. If you really want Dwight in Chicago, you have to at least throw Deng into the mix too. You won't want to, but we aren't just going to give you the best center in the league, it will have to cost you. In your ideas you are pretty much suggesting a swap of centers that clearly favors you while throwing in guys like Taj Gibson and Ricky Rubio that this team has no need for really.

This is all assuming the Magic even trade Dwight anyways. It's way too early on this front. He's not demanded out, he doesn't have his foot out the door. He WANTS to stay here, but it's up to management to make changes that are good enough to convince him to stay. Everyone is operating under the assumption that Dwight wants to leave because we lost in the first round and because LeBron and Melo have recently done the same.

• Upvote 1

1. Jameer and Bass

If we ever got to the point where Derrick Rose wanted out because our front office completely mismanaged the team, and the alternative was letting D-Rose simply walk, I'd make a trade. Would we get fair value?--no of course not, the team getting the best player in the trade wins every time. But Orlando is dealing from a position of desperation so they are not going to get market value. Secondly, Jameer Nelson is no Joakim Noah.

If you guys had a young talented PG, like say, a Monta Ellis or Stephen Curry, or Rajon Rondo, would I take a package of those guys plus say a JJ Redick and Fran Vasquez and draft picks for D-Rose. If I had no choice, and wanted us to rebuild the team it's a heck of a lot better alternative than say being left in a situation like the Cavaliers with nothing to show for Lebron.

• Downvote 7

Here's the problem dude. You're coming up with ideas to get Dwight for the cheapest you possibly can. It won't happen that way. If the Nuggets can get a handful of good young players for Carmelo Anthony, the Magic can get just as much if not more for Dwight Howard who is 10x more valuable of an asset than Melo. If you really want Dwight in Chicago, you have to at least throw Deng into the mix too. You won't want to, but we aren't just going to give you the best center in the league, it will have to cost you.

If the Magic front office wanted Luol Deng, we could throw him in too. Keep in mind he signed a 6 year $72M contract a couple years ago. That's the only reason I didn't put him in, because the Orlando Magic need cap space and cheap labor. Taking on Deng's contract would defeat the purpose of clearing cap room and starting over. But I'd have no problem giving you Noah, Gibson, Deng and picks for Dwight. Seriously not trying to be cheap at all. If we have to purge our whole team to end up with just Dwight and D-Rose and a bunch of scrubs, the price is the price because Dwight is a special player.

But our best players besides Rose are Noah ($55 M), Boozer ($80 M) and Deng ($72 M). I doubt Magic front office would want that money on their books. My proposal included Noah's reasonable contract plus young, cheap, up-and-coming talent.

• Downvote 7