Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Fran would be fine

I'd do it in a heartbeat. I mean it, they can offer anyone on their roster and I'd say yes just to get rid of Hedo's contract right about now. The worst contract they have is Beasely, (which of course they would never trade him for a Fran/Hedo pair or Kahn really is that stupid) and he is only making 6 mil next year.

Not really interested in anyone from that team. . . maybe Wesley Johnson (and I'm ruling out Kevin "what does defense mean" Love for obvious reason). A third team to take one of Minnesota's scrubs and give us one of theirs would be cool. . . I wonder if the Hornets would be interested in trading Paul if it meant taking Okafor and Ariza from them, as well as a Minnesota 1st (unprotected). I wonder if Minnesota would give up a 1st round pick (sure to be lottery pick) if it meant getting Fran, which should greatly increase their chances of finally getting Rubio to play.

I wonder a lot of things. . .

Not really interested in anyone from that team. . . maybe Wesley Johnson (and I'm ruling out Kevin "what does defense mean" Love for obvious reason). A third team to take one of Minnesota's scrubs and give us one of theirs would be cool. . . I wonder if the Hornets would be interested in trading Paul if it meant taking Okafor and Ariza from them, as well as a Minnesota 1st (unprotected). I wonder if Minnesota would give up a 1st round pick (sure to be lottery pick) if it meant getting Fran, which should greatly increase their chances of finally getting Rubio to play.

I wonder a lot of things. . .

I'm not interested in anyone from that team either, but I'd still take anyone from that team to get Hedo's contract off this one. Couple his contract with J-Rich's expiring, (assuming we dont resign which I don't see us doing) that is close to 25 million off the books, which would get us very close to salary cap and leave the only major obstacle to being able to grab a prime free agent in Gilbert's 20 mil contract. I'd also look at JJ's contract as well to try and get rid of, which could knock off about 7 mil.

I would throw Jameer's contract in as well for trading purposes, but as I've stated countless, you only trade Jameer for two reasons. 1) if he is part of a package to bring in a YOUNG (not Nash or Kidd) stud all star PG like CP3 or D-Will, or 2) Dwight asks for him to be traded. Outside of that Meer is not movable, as Magic brass can't afford to anger Dwight by trading his best friend away in his contract year. We already made that mistake before with Miller/McGrady and Mobley/Francis.

I don't see the Hornets making that trade, especially if they still are under league ownership. Possibly yes if they are in cost cutting moves but I still don't see how the numbers would work.

I actually wouldn't mind having Okafor on this team. I mean, given how many bloated contracts we have, it would be nice to have someone that could actually.......contribute.

I don't see the Hornets making that trade, especially if they still are under league ownership. Possibly yes if they are in cost cutting moves but I still don't see how the numbers would work.

I don't know. . . if they know Paul's leaving and have the chance not only to get rid of their bad contracts but also get a high lottery pick, maybe they'd do it. I think it'd be harder to convince Minnesota, but it is Kahn. . .

I don't know. . . if they know Paul's leaving and have the chance not only to get rid of their bad contracts but also get a high lottery pick, maybe they'd do it. I think it'd be harder to convince Minnesota, but it is Kahn. . .

I was thinking the same thing, but what would we have to offer the Hornets in return for Paul, Ariza, and Okafor?

Jameer, JRich, Bass, Hedo, cash, picks?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6jpwerv

or make it a 3 team blockbuster

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3je6v7a

• Upvote 1

I actually wouldn't mind having Okafor on this team. I mean, given how many bloated contracts we have, it would be nice to have someone that could actually.......contribute.

Can Okafor play the 4 spot? I would do that, and just have him slide over to the 5 when Dwight goes out.

Can Okafor play the 4 spot? I would do that, and just have him slide over to the 5 when Dwight goes out.

Dwight would be better suited for the 4 than Okafor. Solve two problems at once.

Dwight would be better suited for the 4 than Okafor. Solve two problems at once.

But I don't know if Dwight can handle the Dirks, Pau, ZBo's of the NBA...I'd feel more comfortable with Okafor there

Why would he? Dwight's a lot better defending the rim than Okafor is.

Why would he? Dwight's a lot better defending the rim than Okafor is.

I know that, but Dwight is better at everything than Okafor. Dwight's greatest skill is man-man post defense and help side blocking along with rebounding, all of those would be utilized more effectively at the PF position IMO.

Couple this with our lack of any PF talent, and Okafor demanding starters minutes, Dwight at the 4 could do a lot of good for this ball club.

Any reason you see not to do this that I'm glossing over or downplaying?