Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Jameer..."See ya in the 2nd round, Derrick"

I never said the disrespect card got us to the finals. That is just plain stupid.

You are absolutely correct, it is just plain stupid.

What i said is that we rode it. Meaning, all that SVG/Players were talking during that run, was how we were disrespected by the media, all the time talking about LA and Cle and the muppet thing with LeBron and Kobe, and how we were disregarded by them to make it from the East.

This is something that just gives you motivation. It does not make you win or lose. It does not make you play better or worse. It just helps the morale of the team. Thousand teams can be disrespected, and win or lose no matter what.

I was just making a comparison between how THEY ARE USING IT, AND HOW WE USED IT. That's it.

And i never said WE disrespected anyone. Actually, we were being disrespected, because of all the Cle-Lal talk, according to my previous post.

My response was specifically for BJ and his claim that Jameer's comments provided Atl with superhuman strength and skill that they then used to knock us out of the playoffs. You know what Atl is really using it for? Publicity. A standard answer to be used when reporters ask them the same tired old questions. Motivation comes from wanting to win, not from some quote. Your comment- "This is something that just gives you motivation. It does not make you win or lose. It does not make you play better or worse. It just helps the morale of the team. Thousand teams can be disrespected, and win or lose no matter what." Hit the nail on the head, that is what this all boils down to. We were disrespected by the media and the league during our run, and what got us to the finals? Riding defense and superior shooting comments mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, the winner is the team that plays better. They play better because they are better shooters, defenders, etc not because someone said something they didn't like and all of a sudden a light shined down upon them making them full of win.

Now, if you want to pick at a specific player and make him the poster child for everything that goes wrong no matter how few facts you have then this entire thread is a fantastic example of how to do that.

The "Jameer unified a city" comment really made me laugh. Fans look for reasons to heckle players. The comment just gave them a new angle over the standard short jokes.

If all it took for teams to lose series was players that were unpopular with fans, Rodman and Artest would have never advanced out of the first round.

• Upvote 1

I think those comments CAN make players play harder... not necessarily better.

But yeah, Jameer got owned as much and the Magic got owned by the Hawks and their circus shooting.

If he feels to upset he can send the tickets to me. I'll gladly take some days off to get there :creaturedance:

Tells you with enough talent you don't need that much of a strategy or efficiency maybe? lol

• Upvote 1