Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Exit Interviews: Dwight, SVG, Otis

WOW, those reporters are such assclowns. I have nothing but respect for Howard, it's a shame he has to deal with folks like that. Give the man some time to recover from the frustration he's feeling right now.

The interview with Dwight was sad. Too bad there was no game 7. Dwight really wants to stay, but Smith is going to have to get some talent.

The problem is that's not going to happen.

Reporter: "Your team got bounced. Are you, like, umm...mad, or something?

Dwight: "...uh, yes. I'm pretty disappointed. I figured that was obvious."

Reporter 1: "Yeah, but like, disappointed how? Failing to win the lottery disappointed? Getting dumped by your girlfriend disappointed? Like...how?"

Dwight: "...next question"

Reporter 2: "Dwight, this is a team in the hunt for a championship. This is only the second time you've been bounced out of the first round. So, would this be, like, an unsuccessful season, or...?"

Dwight: *eats gun*

You have some nerve to show your face right now with a name like that.

Without this name, our team wouldn't have had enough "BELIEVE" to even make it to the playoffs, let alone get smacked outta the first round.

Dwight stressed that it takes a team to win and that he can only control what he does on the court. I feel like he's putting pressure on the organization to get some more talent here... and for his teammates to bust their asses to improve during the offseason. I like that.

I'm sad to say that the initial reactions to the midseason trades with Washington and Phoenix played out to be understandable. I don't think the trades made this team any better. Maybe Arenas will pan out to be a key guy in the future, but damnit, I want Marcin backkkkkk!!