Sign in to follow this  
Ofman

What is going to be done about Arenas this offseason?

The training staff here does a pretty solid job so let's see what happens. I still have a sliver of hope left for him

Grant Hill just slammed them

On what to do with Arenas, I think Otis' relationship with him saved him from a sharp fall in Washington. I think he'll be better next year but that's a lot of money for "thinking".

I just wish we could put Bass,Hedo,Jameer,J-Rich, and Gil into one giant barrel and send them over the Niagara Falls.

Grant Hill just slammed them

On what to do with Arenas, I think Otis' relationship with him saved him from a sharp fall in Washington. I think he'll be better next year but that's a lot of money for "thinking".

we don't have the same head athletic trainer, strength and conditioning coach, and i'm not sure about our team physicians

I just wish we could put Bass,Hedo,Jameer,J-Rich, and Gil into one giant barrel and send them over the Niagara Falls.

why jameer bass and jrich?

jrich can walk

If I remember correctly Grant Hill would not let the Magic take an insurance claim on him because he insisted he could play. So his words about our training staff ring pretty hollow on my end.

As for Arenas he just needs to rehab. He admitted he did not do so in Washington. Then him and Stan need to figure out how to co-exist. Whether we like it or not he is here barring a generous Allan Houston provision so we might as well make it work.

If I remember correctly Grant Hill would not let the Magic take an insurance claim on him because he insisted he could play. So his words about our training staff ring pretty hollow on my end.

As for Arenas he just needs to rehab. He admitted he did not do so in Washington. Then him and Stan need to figure out how to co-exist. Whether we like it or not he is here barring a generous Allan Houston provision so we might as well make it work.

remember when the league denied our claim for an injured player exception?

that was fun.

Not sure what wiggle room there will be after the new CBA is signed. The owners want to get rid of these huge contracts owed to players that are either injured or are not performing such as Arenas, Roy, and Shard. I believe as long as there is some kind of incentive pay scale, the owners might allow a second MLE and maybe even keep a soft cap. As it stands for the Magic either Arenas comes back as the player he once was, then we can trade Jameer for some additional help or we can dump Arenas through an amnesty clause with the new CBA.

Unfortunately we get to dwell on this defeat for a long time because there probably will not be a season next year. The owners are not going to budge until they can get rid of these contracts.

Of course the last 2 games of the season, Arenas has to show us a glimmer of a reason to keep him. As a backup, he was a good scorer and made some good passes to Dwight. Damn....way to make this tougher than it needs to be Gilbert.

How is Jameer the Magic's only hope to keep Dwight? Where do people come up with this stuff? Dwight would prefer Chris Paul or DWill as his PG all day long. He gave Otis a list last summer with Boozer and Paul's name on it.

We get one of those 2 guys and Dwight's going to be real happy. Trust me.

How is Jameer the Magic's only hope to keep Dwight? Where do people come up with this stuff? Dwight would prefer Chris Paul or DWill as his PG all day long. He gave Otis a list last summer with Boozer and Paul's name on it.

I think they're trying to be realistic and ruling out trading Jameer for Chris Paul/DWill. . .

Is it possible to get Paul or DWill and keep Jameer as a backup PG? Just curious if that is even possible. Jameer is great at times, but so inconsistent. He would be dynamite off the bench.