Sign in to follow this  
IronMaiden

Did the Atlanta trolls get banned?

You could check what Pachulia did couple times last game and then think really hard if Howard is going to be humble against your team. I hope the Hawks show us what real defense is so we dont have to call this BS all the time. Also its not just the big men, what about Josh Smith pulling the chair on Dwight and crabbing him the same time to try it look like Dwight pushed him on the floor. That was ridicolous, they should give suspension for pulling stuff like that, it would limit the floppers by a mile.

I agree. I attribute this mainly to Overseas players that got started playing soccer. Seems like this sort of thing has increased with an increased number of overseas players. My father in law was at a college practice and they were teaching flopping. I am all for taking a charge but Dang.

TBH, I only watched Games 3 and 4, and so I cannot speak on the defense of Atlanta from the first two games. I do NOT respect Collins and Pachulia. I don't respect floppers and hackers. It's why so many people on this board dislike Varejao. No matter how good he might be in any other facet of the game, his main defense is hitting the floor and waiting for a whistle.

But, until you win a second round series, seeing as we seem to have spotted you those two wins at home, I don't know that you will get that respect you're looking for from the rest of the league. From the Magic, sure. For now.

But, with the way things have been going, if we lose this series, we may not even have this same team (AGAIN!) next year.

Also, Horford's "same old chuckers" comments after the first game after the trades lost alot of respect for the team.

You could check what Pachulia did couple times last game and then think really hard if Howard is going to be humble against your team. I hope the Hawks show us what real defense is so we dont have to call this BS all the time. Also its not just the big men, what about Josh Smith pulling the chair on Dwight and crabbing him the same time to try it look like Dwight pushed him on the floor. That was ridicolous, they should give suspension for pulling stuff like that, it would limit the floppers by a mile.

Guys believe me I HATE to see flopping, with a passion, and to be honest I was proud to say that the Hawks were one of the few teams who didn't flop, until this series. Honestly this is the first time that I have noticed our players flopping or using cheap tactics, and it is mainly because of D. Howard. Although I don't like it I can kind of deal with it for this series, otherwise Dwight will just dunk and barrow over our players like its nothing, you have to do SOMETHING.

With all of that said, lets not act like the Magic and D. Howard are saints, they use cheap tricks as well, how about the "accidental" headbutt to Collins face, or the "accidental" forearm to zaza's throat, if you call those retaliation then how about the cheap trick by Howard to avoid Josh from blocking the shot or getting a rebound? Here is evidence: Fast forward to 1:16 and watch and listen to about 1:40, SOMETIMES you do what you have to do.

• Downvote 4

Guys believe me I HATE to see flopping, with a passion, and to be honest I was proud to say that the Hawks were one of the few teams who didn't flop, until this series. Honestly this is the first time that I have noticed our players flopping or using cheap tactics, and it is mainly because of D. Howard. Although I don't like it I can kind of deal with it for this series, otherwise Dwight will just dunk and barrow over our players like its nothing, you have to do SOMETHING.

With all of that said, lets not act like the Magic and D. Howard are saints, they use cheap tricks as well, how about the "accidental" headbutt to Collins face, or the "accidental" forearm to zaza's throat, if you call those retaliation then how about the cheap trick by Howard to avoid Josh from blocking the shot or getting a rebound? Here is evidence: Fast forward to 1:16 and watch and listen to about 1:40, SOMETIMES you do what you have to do.

I'd say dwights actions are more retaliatory. If teams didn't play him the way they do he wouldn't swing his arms around after fouls. It's the only way he can dish out some of the abuse he's taking without getting called for fouls.

It's frustrating to be a magic fan because we have a player who could be one of the top scorers in the nba but isn't allowed to be due to the way the league officiates him.

• Upvote 1

I don't know what headbutt you're talking about, but the forearm, I am assuming, would be the one that he got a tech for? Well, aside from the fact that he WAS given a penalty for the hit, that was done in retaliation, and was more of a swing of the arm to push Pachulia away than an intentional forearm to the throat.

In terms of the arm grab on Powell, yeah, that was a cheap move. But, at the same time, had he not done that, Powell was too late to really cause much disruption (Hedo would still have gotten a lay up, but maybe not the dunk), and it would have left Dwight open for the dish or rebound. I honestly don't know why Dwight did it, since it really didn't effect how the play would have progressed. Oh, and by the way, Powell's best career average in BPG was 0.4, and he is averaging 0.1 right now. The chance of that drive not being finished is probably less than or equal to the chance of Turk/Dwight getting an and-1 on the play.

Still, pointing out one or two plays in the SERIES where Dwight did something that could be interpreted as a 'dirty' play doesn't compare to the fact that you only have to watch half a quarter to find the same amount of 'dirty' plays done by the Hawks.

And, as you said, if they didn't play that way, Dwight would be killing them in the post. That "SOMETHING" you said that they need to do is learn how to play good defense against him. Collins actually does a pretty good job when he fights against Howard, but he doesn't have the stamina to keep up (It's part of getting old), and that's why he starts flopping.

Now tell me, should the league just allow players to cheat their way through defense against guys that are better than them instead of actually putting forth the effort it takes to stop them? That doesn't make much sense to me. I thought the better man was supposed to win in one-on-one matchups, not the one that gets away with the most...

With all of that said, lets not act like the Magic and D. Howard are saints, they use cheap tricks as well, how about the "accidental" headbutt to Collins face, or the "accidental" forearm to zaza's throat, if you call those retaliation then how about the cheap trick by Howard to avoid Josh from blocking the shot or getting a rebound?

And yet ZaZa headbutts J-RICH 3 TIMES before he retaliates. Zaza dirty fouls Dwight 5-6 times before Dwight retaliates. You guys make the Bobcats defenders from last year look like hard nosed defenders. The flopping is sickening. And somehow you are OK with it is even more disgusting.

Quit making excuses for your team's cheap and garbage defense. You are looking like a fool.

• Upvote 1

I don't know what headbutt you're talking about, but the forearm, I am assuming, would be the one that he got a tech for? Well, aside from the fact that he WAS given a penalty for the hit, that was done in retaliation, and was more of a swing of the arm to push Pachulia away than an intentional forearm to the throat.

In terms of the arm grab on Powell, yeah, that was a cheap move. But, at the same time, had he not done that, Powell was too late to really cause much disruption (Hedo would still have gotten a lay up, but maybe not the dunk), and it would have left Dwight open for the dish or rebound. I honestly don't know why Dwight did it, since it really didn't effect how the play would have progressed. Oh, and by the way, Powell's best career average in BPG was 0.4, and he is averaging 0.1 right now. The chance of that drive not being finished is probably less than or equal to the chance of Turk/Dwight getting an and-1 on the play.

Still, pointing out one or two plays in the SERIES where Dwight did something that could be interpreted as a 'dirty' play doesn't compare to the fact that you only have to watch half a quarter to find the same amount of 'dirty' plays done by the Hawks.

And, as you said, if they didn't play that way, Dwight would be killing them in the post. That "SOMETHING" you said that they need to do is learn how to play good defense against him. Collins actually does a pretty good job when he fights against Howard, but he doesn't have the stamina to keep up (It's part of getting old), and that's why he starts flopping.

Now tell me, should the league just allow players to cheat their way through defense against guys that are better than them instead of actually putting forth the effort it takes to stop them? That doesn't make much sense to me. I thought the better man was supposed to win in one-on-one matchups, not the one that gets away with the most...

The headbutt that I am referring to was in game one or two when he was being defended by collins and Joe, or jamal stole the ball, he jerked back (trying to flop) and headbutted collins in the head then proceeded to fall on top of him and lay there (on top of collins) until the play was over.

Yes Howard was penalized BUT only after review of another incident, had they not have reviewed the play the would not have noticed that Howard took a cheap shot, and he would have gotten away with it. Come on man I know you saw the game. This brings me to my next point....if you watch very closely these types of plays happen all the time in the nba, on this particular play Howard just happened to get caught.

Also to assume that Powell would not have done anything to block the shot is just ludicrous (are you god lol) there is no way any of us could have known what was going to happen, obviously Dwight new what was going to happen otherwise he would not have did what he had done. Just because Powells stats dont say that he is a shot blocker does not mean that he could not have blocked or altered the shot, Powell has blocked shots before.

To answer your question...no I do not believe that the league should let people get away with cheap playes I stated that very clearly in my last post, but the bottom line is that it happens and to think or act like Howard is an angel and only does cheap moves out of retaliation is a little naive IMO. But hey that is why we are fans right? Its kind of our duty to stick up for our players.

Here is to a good game tonight.

The headbutt that I am referring to was in game one or two when he was being defended by collins and Joe, or jamal stole the ball, he jerked back (trying to flop) and headbutted collins in the head then proceeded to fall on top of him and lay there (on top of collins) until the play was over.

Yes Howard was penalized BUT only after review of another incident, had they not have reviewed the play the would not have noticed that Howard took a cheap shot, and he would have gotten away with it. Come on man I know you saw the game. This brings me to my next point....if you watch very closely these types of plays happen all the time in the nba, on this particular play Howard just happened to get caught.

Also to assume that Powell would not have done anything to block the shot is just ludicrous (are you god lol) there is no way any of us could have known what was going to happen, obviously Dwight new what was going to happen otherwise he would not have did what he had done. Just because Powells stats dont say that he is a shot blocker does not mean that he could not have blocked or altered the shot, Powell has blocked shots before.

To answer your question...no I do not believe that the league should let people get away with cheap playes I stated that very clearly in my last post, but the bottom line is that it happens and to think or act like Howard is an angel and only does cheap moves out of retaliation is a little naive IMO. But hey that is why we are fans right? Its kind of our duty to stick up for our players.

Wait...so none of us knew what was going to happen except Dwight? He's good, but that good?

At least he's finally getting some recognition from the rest of the league though.

Wait...so none of us knew what was going to happen except Dwight? He's good, but that good?

At least he's finally getting some recognition from the rest of the league though.

Well he is the pro ball player and the one on the court. We are just fans showing support and watching the game on a tv screen.

• Downvote 1

No one has said that Howard is saint or something on the floor. But does Howard do that to every single good center in the game? No. He does that those players who are playing dirty against him, pulling, grabbing and slapping. Retaliation as said earlier.

I'm not acting like Howard is an angel by any means, but to say he is a dirty player (as many opposing fans say, not necessarily you) is not fair at all. Nearly every other big man in the league who has to guard him resorts to the dirty type of plays that bring up the retaliatory actions that he does. I am not arguing against the hand pull being a dirty play, but like I said earlier, had he not done in, Powell would have left Howard open and Turk still had room for the lay in.

Good game last night, though. It was all grit and toughness. Going in, everyone knew the winner of that game would be the one who could scratch and claw the longest until the final buzzer, and in the end, it was ATL. Getting all those offensive boards gave your team the win even while shooting below 40%.

Good luck against Chicago, and try not to get swept ;).

See you next season.

I know you mean well and are trying to pacify the fans here but I live in Atlanta and see a LOT of Hawks basketball. They flop a lot. And for you to say they didn't do it until this series makes me question which team you were watching. You don't master that skill overnight. Collins is well known for his abilities. We all know about Pachulia but Hinrich and even Josh are pretty darn good at it.

That being said, in all fairness, Howard is no saint and the league punishes him pretty regularly. I told the guys here the whining SVG does to the media only makes for atta-boys from the fans. It does nothing but hurt the team to this stubborn commish.