Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

How to NOT let history repeat itself

We're going to have to win three straight against ATL to take this series as well; winning 3 straight is going to be extremely tough no matter what, whether its Boston or this year's ATL team. Remember, THIS ATL team that has shown be a nightmare matchup for us. If you don't think this is a really good Hawks team (at least against us), then you're kidding yourself. Don't make the same mistake you made at the beginning of this series.

Lets keep the turnovers down, drive as much as we can, run the ball as fast as we can, and most importantly, play the tough defense we played with today.

Who's being nasty? I certainly did not mean to be. I was just trying to re-emphasize my point.

Sorry- I get defensive sometimes on this boards. I though SVG did a good job coaching. I do not see him making the same mistake this time around. I sure he sees the writing on the wall. The only reason I have some hope for us is because it is very difficult to break down the Celtics spirit. They are rugged. I think the Magic can pull it off, if we start off with energy and shut the crowd. The Hawks are not as mentally strong as the Celtics. Dwight will have to be extremely mature, and not let the thug squad get him into trouble. I am concerned about the Refs, and can see massive cheating. Hawks had every reason to win tonight, and did not. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be very tough, but I think we can do it.

We're going to have to win three straight against ATL to take this series; winning 3 straight is going to be extremely tough no matter what, whether its Boston or this year's ATL team. Remember, THIS ATL team that has shown be a nightmare matchup for us. If you don't think this is a really good Hawks team (at least against us), then you're kidding yourself. Don't make the same mistake you made at the beginning of this series.

What I meant with ATL is not Boston was that ATL cant play the same way Boston did to win us. They need to be hitting shots all night long.

What I meant with ATL is not Boston was that ATL cant play the same way Boston did to win us. They need to be hitting shots all night long.

So? They've shot the ball well during majority of this series and in our matchups against them this year. All they have to do is have ONE MORE good shooting night and its a wrap. We have to defend like we've never defended before. We have to be all up on them; we can't let them breathe. Sure, we picked up alot of quick fouls early in this game, but it was because of our tough, in your face, rugged defense. I'm happy with that.

Who's being nasty? I certainly did not mean to be. I was just trying to re-emphasize my point.

Like I said, we can definitely still win this. But it's going to take extremely HARD play by our guys in the next 2 games. Let's hope they are up for it and can get it done on both the defensive and offensive end.

She was just speaking historically: historically no team has come back from 0-3 and won. The position we're in is not the same. Yes, it's shaking out differently, but it's harder to win four straight than three straight, historically.

• Upvote 1

She was just speaking historically: historically no team has come back from 0-3 and won. The position we're in is not the same. Yes, it's shaking out differently, but it's harder to win four straight than three straight, historically.

Oh, I definitely understand that. Not only is it hard to win 4 in a row, its hard to win THREE in a row (which is what we are going to have to do). We couldn't even win that third one against Boston to take it back to Orlando for a Game 7.

Like I said, it's shaping out to be the same type of series. Let's just hope the "highlight factory" doesn't phase us!

• Upvote 1

I am just going to follow Jack Daniels advice, and believe and hope. If it does not work out that way, I can be depressed at that time. Right now, I can and will believe.

I Just Want to win the ATL Series And Go To Round 2 and i think round 2 will be easyer because we are going against the bulls which i think jokim noah cant gaurd dwight and they will double team but first we just have to win this series Belive In MAGIC

• Downvote 1

I remember G6 against Bos, i was one of the hopefuls believin´ we would be the first nba team to come from 0-3 to win.

I remember having a lousy start, but still being in the game until middle of the 4th.

The most important thing would be, coming out of the gate with fire and emotion, and trying to get a big lead in the 1st Q/Half. Also, taking care of the ball. This has doomed us for so long... TO´s, along with opponents getting offensive boards and crucial missed FT´s have been consistent in the franchise´s tragedies.

Last year's series against Boston means absolutely nothing right now. They were the better team and they beat us. I believe we are a better team than Atlanta if we play up to our potential, so if the energy and determination are there, I believe we can pull off the comeback. That isn't being cocky, and it isn't a jinx. That's just my personal opinion. I feel like they should win this series now. If Atlanta wins, and I'm wrong, so be it. I will be disappointed but also ready to move into next season.

Last year's series against Boston means absolutely nothing right now. They were the better team and they beat us. I believe we are a better team than Atlanta if we play up to our potential, so if the energy and determination are there, I believe we can pull off the comeback. That isn't being cocky, and it isn't a jinx. That's just my personal opinion. I feel like they should win this series now. If Atlanta wins, and I'm wrong, so be it. I will be disappointed but also ready to move into next season.

You put it well. Take the Lakers-Hornets game. I think the Hornets would have a much tougher time beating the Lakers, because the Lakers know how to win and arevery very mentally tough as group. Hornets could blow them out by 30 points, and the next night, they blow out the Hornets out by 30. I think SVG made some much needed adjustments, and made good use of time outs. Also, you have to look at the fact that they only beat us by 3 to 4 points, and we were shooting ony 29% Not saying it wil happen, but at least we have something to hold on to.

I just hope this shooting slump is over and the rim will be the same size Thurs (or bigger) as it was for our guys tonight. I'm sure you guys noticed that when our players were hitting shots, we didn't have to pound the ball into Dwight. That automatically saved us turnovers and also allowed Dwight to really play his game - which is superb defense.

I think it was either JJ or JRich that said their big adjustment on the defensive side has been to not let them get comfortable - that's clearly what we did tonight. If we can do that again, we can take games 6 and 7, even with less offense.

Come out smothering defensively and make them miss early shots. Take the crowd out of it and deflate their confidence. If we dominate the 1st quarter, ATL will not recover.

Come out smothering defensively and make them miss early shots. Take the crowd out of it and deflate their confidence. If we dominate the 1st quarter, ATL will not recover.

This is the biggest difference what I meant when I said ATL is not Boston, I dont think they can come up if we get good start. Every game in this series ATL has had the upper hand from the beginning, be it our bad shooting or something else.