Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Arenas; "My type of game isn't SVG's type of game"

All in all Im a magic fan and I want this team to succeed...I dont care if the dude sucked his whole career, shot and killed 3 teammates, and bought the atlantic ocean. If the guy can help the team win than let him help us win!! He showed signs last night hes earned at least a "CHANCE" to do it again. Iv'e messed up a million times but I know I have the potential to do great things regardless. If hes not playing well than you sit him but he deserves a chance. Get off the guys back and lets win some f'ing games!!

• Upvote 2

I hate Gilbert Arenas. I believe deep down in my soul he will be the main reason why Dwight Howard leaves Orlando.

However, I think I hate Hedo Turkoflu even more in this series. So what the heck, let Arenas get his 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 6 assists on 8 turnovers while shooting 22% from the field. I mean, whats the worst that could happen? It's not like like our season will end L-O-L.

• Downvote 2

I have always been an adamant supporter of SVG, but frankly, his system is too rigid for a player of Arenas' caliber, and it's really beginning to hurt our team.

It hurts me to say this, because I respect what he's done for our team, but it's time for SVG to go if he can't give his PG more offensive freedom.

Twice, now, I've noticed a trend that reflects poorly on SVG. In the period right after we make a mid-season trade (first Alston, then Arenas), just a few games in -- the period where SVG is mostly letting the team just play since they haven't learned his system -- our team has looked better than ever. I always recall saying to myself, "man, we've never looked so good." It happened right after we got Skip and it happened when we got Arenas.

Then, slowly, as the players learn SVG's system and the leash gets tightened on the PG's, things start to fall apart. We become predictable and one-dimensional, and players like Arenas start to suck and we wonder what happened.

Players like Arenas are too talented and creative with the ball, and the pick-and-roll is too effective to continue like this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I hate Gilbert Arenas. I believe deep down in my soul he will be the main reason why Dwight Howard leaves Orlando.

However, I think I hate Hedo Turkoflu even more in this series. So what the heck, let Arenas get his 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 6 assists on 8 turnovers while shooting 22% from the field. I mean, whats the worst that could happen? It's not like like our season will end L-O-L.

Hate all you want, but if Gilbert was given control of our offense months ago, I guarantee we wouldn't be in this predicament. You really just hate the player he is forced to be. SVG is to blame.

Arenas, during his prime with Washington, was an offensive juggernaut, equally as efficient offensively as the likes of Wade and Kobe -- and the true shooting %'s support that statement. He also made a joke of a franchise a legitimate conference contender.

Blame his poor play on his knees all you want, but that's only a fraction of the story.

He's still an extremely talented and creative player, who really just needs more offensive freedom and playing time to get in a flow. And we've all seen how good Gilbert can be when he gets into his zone, when SVG lets him off his leash.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Stan is using him properly either, I would have put him in some sort of capsule and shot him off into outerspace.

How many board members can we fit into this capsule?

• Upvote 1

I love that Stan has came out and just said that Arenas will get minutes in Game 5. This is what should have happened all season!!! The guy is talent but half is game is pure swagger. Remember his best years in Washington he was literally walking to the 3 line and just dropping threes in peoples face. He was unconscious out there. He was hitting game winner after game winner. Then he would go to the locker room, talk himself up and tell the league that nobody can stop him. He was my favorite player back then and I still see this part to his game. He just needs to get his rhythm. And he hasn't been able to do that so far this year

<< I think he can do 80% of what you see in that video with some more playing time. A shot like that doesn't just disappear.

I think he still has a some great years left in him. Get them knees healthy Gil! Can't wait for you to shut up all your critics next season!

Hate all you want, but if Gilbert was given control of our offense months ago, I guarantee we wouldn't be in this predicament. You really just hate the player he is forced to be. SVG is to blame.

Arenas, during his prime with Washington, was an offensive juggernaut, equally as efficient offensively as the likes of Wade and Kobe -- and the true shooting %'s support that statement. He also made a joke of a franchise a legitimate conference contender.

Blame his poor play on his knees all you want, but that's only a fraction of the story.

He's still an extremely talented and creative player, who really just needs more offensive freedom and playing time to get in a flow. And we've all seen how good Gilbert can be when he gets into his zone, when SVG lets him off his leash.

Agreed 100% You know he wants to prove he still has it. I hope he goes hard this off season. Our season next year will ride a lot on how he performs.

Arenas is good for every other game. The guy's got no cartilage in either knee. Believe me I know what that feels like. He can only take so much jumping around, running on the hard surface, or cutting around on the floor.

On the other hand, he's used to playing on a crappy team where he can be the STAR. If he's not the STAR then he wants to blame his lack of productivity on the coach. He couldn't play for Flip and now he can't play for Stan. The Magic should do what the Wizards were trying to do. Buy him out and let him go. Then he won't have anyone to blame.

I love that Stan has came out and just said that Arenas will get minutes in Game 5. This is what should have happened all season!!! The guy is talent but half is game is pure swagger. Remember his best years in Washington he was literally walking to the 3 line and just dropping threes in peoples face. He was unconscious out there. He was hitting game winner after game winner. Then he would go to the locker room, talk himself up and tell the league that nobody can stop him. He was my favorite player back then and I still see this part to his game. He just needs to get his rhythm. And he hasn't been able to do that so far this year

<< I think he can do 80% of what you see in that video with some more playing time. A shot like that doesn't just disappear.

I think he still has a some great years left in him. Get them knees healthy Gil! Can't wait for you to shut up all your critics next season!

Well watching that video told me one thing. Arenas shouldn't be shooting jumpers atleast, drive to the hoop or let someone else shoot. The jump shot on the video is COMPLETELY different that the jump shot he has now.