Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3r2ltnl

(be gentel on me) i can see this going though with Portland but Philly is another story

we offer as much of the MLE as needed to Shane Battier and prey Arenas is healthy an can play close to what he was

thats a line up of

Arenas/Miller/Chris

Iggy/JJ

Battier/Batum

Ryno/Clark

Dwight/Fran?

I think we would be able to hang with anyone, Maybe work a trade with Ryno our second rounder and cash money for a PF? We would also have to send money and a future first to Philly

First of all, the name is a joke. Second of all, I'm shaming myself by saying the team that has looked superior up until the seven minute mark of the 4th quarter is better? I'm sorry if I include the first three quarters when I decide who the better team is. Look, I don't know why Miami sucks in the fourth, I'm just saying that the rest of the game they look much better. Dallas is just clutch as hell. Oh, and Dirk, Chandler, and Kidd all played almost 40 minutes, while Wade played 34, Bosh played almost 40, and, I'll admit, LeBron played 45, and they were still in it to the end.

Wade no doubt plays 40+ if he doesn't leave from injury.

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3r2ltnl

(be gentel on me) i can see this going though with Portland but Philly is another story

we offer as much of the MLE as needed to Shane Battier and prey Arenas is healthy an can play close to what he was

thats a line up of

Arenas/Miller/Chris

Iggy/JJ

Battier/Batum

Ryno/Clark

Dwight/Fran?

I think we would be able to hang with anyone, Maybe work a trade with Ryno our second rounder and cash money for a PF? We would also have to send money and a future first to Philly

Portland is going to give up Miller and Batum for Daniel Orton, Bass, and Hedo's contract. Philly isn't going to give up Iggy for Nelson and Q. . .

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3r2ltnl

thats a line up of

Arenas/Miller/Chris

Iggy/JJ

Battier/Batum

Ryno/Clark

Dwight/Fran?

I doubt Portland lets that one go through, but wow that lineup looks to me like an instant competitor. I'd suggest swapping Miller/Arenas on the depth chart though.

Got it, fellas. Shake and back. This one's for our trade hound, Jareth:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3jyllk9

Nelson, Redick, Turk, Anderson and TE

for

Williams, Iggy and Brand

They save lots of money and get some assets. If they want to deal Nelson for another piece, they can. We get that second guy and a much improved defense. I think Williams is better off the bench, so I'd be happy to look around.

PG: Williams, Duhon

SG: Iggy, Q

SF: Prince (FA), Pearl

PF: Brand, Bass

C: Howard, Orton

Side note-Are Williams and Howard friends from GA?

for

Williams, Iggy and Brand

They save lots of money and get some assets. If they want to deal Nelson for another piece, they can. We get that second guy and a much improved defense. I think Williams is better off the bench, so I'd be happy to look around.

I'm still not real sure on how I would feel on taking on Brand's contract, even for a player like Iggy. That's probably the most realistic of all proposed trades with Philly that I've seen.

I'm still not real sure on how I would feel on taking on Brand's contract, even for a player like Iggy. That's probably the most realistic of all proposed trades with Philly that I've seen.

As long as D12 signs that line, I'm good smile_cheers.gif

for

Williams, Iggy and Brand

Price is a good player but i would much rather have Battier, I think he just seems more like a leader and a well rounded TEAM player (not saying prince is not a team player) but Battier seems like a leader

I'm not sure how Philly feels about Brand at this point. He had a solid playoff campaign if I remember correctly.

If they would favor shedding Brand's contract, we would have to seriously consider taking it on along with Iggy. That maybe one (and only) advantage Philly would have by trading with us.

CBA update

@ZachLowe_SI

Zach Lowe

Union source provides a few more interesting nuggets: 1) Two sides both like amnesty clause, and would apply to cap AND tax (con't)

2) Have discussed a recurring amnesty style-clause teams could use every X years; (con't)

3) Union still has hopes for proposal in which bad teams could get an extra first-round pick/good teams lose one

4) Designated/franchise player concept remains in league proposal but has not been discussed; 5) Age limit not an issue yet.

Sean (Orlando)

While reading about possible destinations for Monta Ellis, I surprisingly saw Orlando as a possible landing spot. While he may be an upgrade for the Magic in some aspects, I just don't see D12 getting all excited and re-signing just because the Magic got Monta. Who would the Magic even give up in that scenario? Unless Arenas or Turk are involved it just wouldn't make any sense for the Magic contract wise, and Jerry West didn't build his reputation by trading for guys like that.

Ric Bucher (1:15 PM)

Monta would be an improvement for the Magic. I believe he's vastly underrated. He has the knock of not being a defender because the Warriors never emphasized it. But he has the requisite ability and I've seen him take the challenge and do a great job on several occasions.

Ric Bucher (1:17 PM)

By the way, I haven't heard Orlando as a destination. I've heard Iguodala to Orlando, but I don't see how the Magic put together a package that meets Philly's desires.

Rick, we've got it figured out! Check out the latest trade idea on the OMMB!!!