Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

I'm just hoping for a deal to get us a nice piece. When CP3 started pissing and moaning allegedly, the Hornets went out and did a 4 team deal and got him Ariza. Minor move, but it filled a need.

Give us fans something to discuss during the lockout.

The VC trade happened on draft day. Plus with the lockout looming and roster moves illegal as soon as the draft ends, I'd expect more draft day trading than normal.

Trading for a VC who was passed his prime is a little different than trading for a CP3, Iggy, Gay, etc.

Can any of you CAP guys clear this up for me?

You can essentially remove a player's contract from counting against the team's CAP completely, but the player still has to get paid.

another player which would be well suited and hasn't been spoken of is Wilson Chandler.

Pretty sure he's a FA this year. Plays good defense, blocks shots and is a decent scorer.

He'd fit nice next to Gay or Granger but we would have to offer 6mil a yr to get him from denver

You can essentially remove a player's contract from counting against the team's CAP completely, but the player still has to get paid.

So for example the 18 mil won't count against our cap, but the Magic still pay him 18 mil for a seasons work?

So for example the 18 mil won't count against our cap, but the Magic still pay him 18 mil for a seasons work?

So say Turk gets cut would we be able to resign him?

What about Monta Ellis? Its been rumoured that Orlando is interested in him. I realize hes a defensive liability and id much rather have Iggy. He would give us that athletic wing weve been looking for though.

• Upvote 1

How much can Denver or Knicks (talk of him going back) offer him?

Not sure but Denver has to resign atleast 3 key guys so it would be hard for them to resign him. I'd sign him with the TE for 3yrs and if he doesn't produce use him in a CP3 trade

Not sure but Denver has to resign atleast 3 key guys so it would be hard for them to resign him. I'd sign him with the TE for 3yrs and if he doesn't produce use him in a CP3 trade

you cant sign people with the trade exception