Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

I think I posted at least 2 months ago that Gil would opt out to help the team. I will stand by that comment.

I also will say that NOBODY knows all the players Otis is talking about, but I have personally been told and posted about Iggy for a long time. He is 1 option. Do not be surprised if we make a move for Batum, JR or Boozer, or all 3. Now plenty of people thought the Boozer thing is insane and "why would CHI want to trade him?" This week, it hits the media that everyone there wants to trade him. My point is that you have to have faith that Otis is trying to dial up the best possible team he can. He is not happy if Dwight is not happy.

I also do not fully trust anyone who's main "source" is players. Players don't know a damn thing unless they are Dwight or just called to be told their next team.

Finally, knowing Otis he has more in the works that he is trying to get going. I still suspect he will try and work a 3 team deal (if needed) to attempt a shot at Darren Willams. And most likely he has more players that none of us really thought about as well.

Basically, my first post in this thread is still pretty much summing it up besides Doc staying with the C's. Magic did not see that one coming, but I also like SVG, so that was pretty much a no lose situation IMO.

My fear is not that Otis will not make changes because he "likes the team", it is because others do not "like the team" at the 11th hour and bail on a trade.

At first I laughed at this post but after rereading it I think Catman is dead on!

Dwight says go get Deron Williams and Otis offers his whole team (and our first rounder of course) for Darren Williams. Next he calls Dwight and tells him he just signed Deron Williams. Dwight is ecstatic until training camp when some 5'6" white guy shows up with Burger King outfit with his name tag that says Darren. He politely asks Dwight for an autograph and still wonders why Otis Smith and the Magic are paying him 20 million bucks a year (which by the way would still be a better bargain than Gilbert, Duhon, Malik, Rashard and several other brilliant Otis signings).

• Downvote 4

I THINK I posted, but do not remember. but should have mentioned the Magic are looking at 18 and up to see if they can get in and grab Singleton. I know I said something about Singleton. Personally love that guy.

Anime, go back to your D&D match. If Boozer sucks grabbing over 10 boards a game for years, than what is good? Moses Malone? Newsflash -he retired, and so did Rodman as well.

my only issue is he's pretty much the PF/SF version of Bogans. He's Josh Smith crossed with Thabo Sefalosha. He's Earl Clark on offense and Gerald Wallace on D. If we're looking at getting the best defender possible then he's definitely the pick. If we're looking at getting the best all around player he might fall behind some other guys.

Singleton is not that bad of an offensive player, and was pretty clutch in that FSU tournament "run".

meh, he was an off the ball scorer.

Given we'll be facing Lebron for years to come, I think Chris Singleton makes a ton of sense. I'm not sold on JR Smith, as I think he'd clash heavily with SVG. Would much rather have Iggs, Mayo or even Ellis, if possible. I'd love D. Williams, too.

Given we'll be facing Lebron for years to come, I think Chris Singleton makes a ton of sense. I'm not sold on JR Smith, as I think he'd clash heavily with SVG. Would much rather have Iggs, Mayo or even Ellis, if possible. I'd love D. Williams, too.

yup

You would think Mayo would be quite realistic since they almost gave him away. To get Iggy we'd probably have to get a 3rd team involved same as Ellis or Deron.

You would think Mayo would be quite realistic since they almost gave him away. To get Iggy we'd probably have to get a 3rd team involved same as Ellis or Deron.

I agree. Lionel Hollins said at the end of their season that he would like a backup that can play the 4/5. We just happen to have a Spanish prospect who fits that description and would slot in nicely with their current Spanish big man.

Rights to Vasquez, TPE and a future 1st for Mayo.

Get it done Otis!