Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

Would we be better off going this route

Nelson JJ Anderson for Jefferson (might be hard to do but we need some type of 2nd tier player)

S&T Bass for Chandler (Denver needs a big)

S&T J.Rich for Butler (they need a 2 and we need a 3)

Use the MLE on Chamlers and YI (adds depth and youth)

Sign T-Mac Battie and Powell with VET min (easy pickups)

Trade Richardson for Speights (Philly will need perimeter D once Iggy is gone and we need size)

Arenas Chalmers Duhon

Chandler T-Mac

Butler Turk Clark

Jefferson YI Powell

Howard Speights Battie

Nothing really special about that lineup but they are young enough to grow together and compete

In your opinion could we put something together to get Gay?

I don't think so because the only salaries we have that match that kind of contract are really Arenas and Hedo which are pretty undesirable right now. This option doesn't net us a go to guy but gets us a solid big and gives us more wiggle room in 2012

ORL

(PF/C) C Kaman

(SF/PF) R Gomes

*Kaman gives us a legit starting quality big to rotate behind Dwight - only ? is can he coexist with D12 defensively as they occupy same space - on paper its doable; also his contract expires summer 2012

* Gomes replaces Q but with flexibility to rotate up to PF if needed; solid good sized defender and average offensive game with 3pt range

MEM

(PF/C) B Bass

(SG/SF) Q Rich

*Bass gives them the final piece to their big rotation as they are losing Hadadi to free agency

*Q replaces Battier in their wing rotation who they are losing to free agency

*clears a huge contract off their books

LAC

(SF) R Gay

(PG) C Duhon

*Clips biggest hole at SF is drastically upgraded and perfect match to go with Griffin and Gordon

*Duhon fills their 3d string PG need and gives them option to use Foye's expiring at deadline

Nelson / Arenas

? / JJ / Arenas

Hedo / Gomes

Kaman / Anderson / Gomes

Howard / Kaman / Anderson

*Clark if resigned at SF/PF also

Who says no J.Rich 3yr 30mil 2 team opitions Bass and Anderson for Boozer.

JRich says no

Would we be better off going this route

Nelson JJ Anderson for Jefferson (might be hard to do but we need some type of 2nd tier player)

S&T Bass for Chandler (Denver needs a big)

S&T J.Rich for Butler (they need a 2 and we need a 3)

Use the MLE on Chamlers and YI (adds depth and youth)

Sign T-Mac Battie and Powell with VET min (easy pickups)

Trade Richardson for Speights (Philly will need perimeter D once Iggy is gone and we need size)

Arenas Chalmers Duhon

Chandler T-Mac

Butler Turk Clark

Jefferson YI Powell

Howard Speights Battie

Nothing really special about that lineup but they are young enough to grow together and compete

I dont think Jefferson is different enough offensively to play next to dwight. We want to assemble a team with 5 guys on the court who all compliment each other and are all options every possession. With Jefferson we'd have to take turns. Ok, this time its dwight's turn to post up, now it's Al's, now it's dwight's...

We'd be better off trading for Milsap because he has an offensive game similar to Bass (with a better IQ and passing ability)

I don't think so because the only salaries we have that match that kind of contract are really Arenas and Hedo which are pretty undesirable right now.

The Magic can use more than one player in a trade, you know. . .

something like JRich/Redick/Anderson for Gay would be something they'd have to look at. If they almost traded Mayo for freaking McBob maybe trying to throw in Hedo and Duhon for Mayo could also work.

Hedo can provide for them some much needed play making and 3pt shooting. JRich, JJ, and Anderson would also fill a huge hole they have at the wing in terms of scoring and shooting. They also get rid of Gay's bad contract for an expiring, possible good contract in JRich, and Hedo's bad contract. Anderson would be a bargain and Duhon would be a lot better than Vasquez

whether it gets done or not should be highly dependent on Grizzlies FO, but I wouldn't past them as long as Heisley is around

I dont think Jefferson is different enough offensively to play next to dwight. We want to assemble a team with 5 guys on the court who all compliment each other and are all options every possession. With Jefferson we'd have to take turns. Ok, this time its dwight's turn to post up, now it's Al's, now it's dwight's...

We'd be better off trading for Milsap because he has an offensive game similar to Bass (with a better IQ and passing ability)

Can't argue with that so maybe JJ and Bass with Orton as a throw in for Millsap and Bell?

I remember during the trade deadline there were rumors of us interested in Zach Randolph.

Damn, I wish that happened.

I remember during the trade deadline there were rumors of us interested in Zach Randolph.

Damn, I wish that happened.

The Magic can use more than one player in a trade, you know. . .

something like JRich/Redick/Anderson for Gay would be something they'd have to look at. If they almost traded Mayo for freaking McBob maybe trying to throw in Hedo and Duhon for Mayo could also work.

Hedo can provide for them some much needed play making and 3pt shooting. JRich, JJ, and Anderson would also fill a huge hole they have at the wing in terms of scoring and shooting. They also get rid of Gay's bad contract for an expiring, possible good contract in JRich, and Hedo's bad contract. Anderson would be a bargain and Duhon would be a lot better than Vasquez

whether it gets done or not should be highly dependent on Grizzlies FO, but I wouldn't past them as long as Heisley is around

why would they need JRich and Redick? they just signed Tony Allen and have Mayo until at least 2012 which hey is the same as when JJ's contract ends

...and why in the hell would they want to give JRich a 31 year old his final contract? possibly a good contract - huh wait what?!

and on top of that your giving them Hedo's contract with at minimum $23 million owed to a team that does not need a SF and much less an expensive lazy no defense older one....Heisley does this why?