Sign in to follow this  
nbr

"I don't know what we're doing,"

Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy hasn’t made a decision on whether to use Gilbert Arenas as the team's backup point guard.

"I don't know what we're doing," Van Gundy said. "I haven't decided exactly what we're doing. I know Jameer's going to play a lot of minutes. I know we're going to use J.J. [Redick off the bench], I know we're going to use Q[uentin Richardson] and I know we're going to use Ryan [Anderson].

"As far as what we do at the backup point I'm not totally sure."

Arenas shot 1-for-3 in Game 2.

Read more:http://basketball.re...n#ixzz1KFOHZN6A

Game three and this is where he's at. These questions should have had probable solutions a long time ago. Not good enough. Its for these reasons and quotes I could point out long before that have me believing when this season is wrapped up, we shall part ways. He brought so much and I commend him for that. Wish the guys well for the remainder of the playoffs, but it'll be short lived.

• Downvote 8

Game three and this is where he's at. These questions should have had probable solutions a long time ago. Not good enough. Its for these reasons and quotes I could point out long before that have me believing when this season is wrapped up, we shall part ways. He brought so much and I commend him for that. Wish the guys well for the remainder of the playoffs, but it'll be short lived.

When you integrate two new players midseason and miss a guy for the last 17 games of the regular season these things happen.

Really? I mean its not like he has not been working on this, right? They keep giving Gil the ball thinking he is going to snap out of it sooner or later.... But I think he can not wait for this fool any longer. This is all on Otis.

Let's not for get that for each game of the last month of the regular season we had at least 2 wing players out if not more. This has been addressed before.

It's hard to settle on a rotation when you don't have the players available to play in games.

You do have to admit, it is troublesome that we're paying a PG 19 mil a year thats not a starter, then we don't know if he's even our back up PG?

Smoooth move Otis.

• Upvote 1

I personally feel there is a greater probability of losing more games when Gil is in due to his high turnovers, especially in the playoffs when every posession is critical. Its not worth the risk, especially given the fact that he has no explosiveness going to the basket anymore. You have more to lose than to gain by playing him. The best case scenario is he makes a few threes but then gives it back by turning the ball over. Van Gundy should not play him, you have a nice 8 man rotation with Q, Reddick, and Ryan off the bench. I would even use Duhon before him, better defense and less turnovers. That is what wins in the playoffs!

When you integrate two new players midseason and miss a guy for the last 17 games of the regular season these things happen.

Valid. But we're not exactly implementing players of little talent and experience are we?

SVG should give the media an official copy of his gameplan to publish.

Not asking for his game plan. Just bemused by his choice of words and this being of issue right now.

Really? I mean its not like he has not been working on this, right? They keep giving Gil the ball thinking he is going to snap out of it sooner or later.... But I think he can not wait for this fool any longer. This is all on Otis.

Though it may seem, I'm not using SVG as a scape goat. Otis is well and truly involved in this.

Yea fire Stan because Otis gave him bad players.

The coach is given what he's given and as I highlighted earlier he wasn't exactly handed scrap.

I want to see this franchise win a championship. I'm also of fear of the possibility of losing Dwight Howard and if nothing changes in this off season, I'll have a greater concern. This program with its gm, players and coach aren't going very far soon to achieving the ultimate goal.

I'm looking at SVG because I believe the tools are their to be a force and contend consistently with result. I don't believe he can get us a championship. I'm looking for more than a successful regular season.

Stan outcoached Drew by a mile in game two. Atlanta had no idea what to do. I think the choice of words is mainly him trying to not upset players mainly Arenas. If he said he was not going to play Gilbert. We might as well buy him out for his entire contract value because he would not even want to play...

• Upvote 1