Sign in to follow this  
Norman

79% of the series are won by the team that wins the first game

The stat is terribly skewed. The teams that win game 1 are typically those with home court, and thus, the better teams.

I think you have to narrow it even further. If you look at just teams that lost game 1 on their home court, you are still skewing stats by including the 1 vs 8 series and the 2 vs 7 series. 4 vs 5 matchups the teams are typically much closer in terms of quality. Of course, if you are narrowing it down that far, the sample size might not be large enough to be meaningful. Couple that with the fact that each series is an independent event and unaffected by any previous playoff series, and trying to assess our chances based on this statistic is meaningless.

Our chances to win this series depend much more on the team's willingness and ability to defend outside of Dwight. Atlanta's backcourt combination of Hinrich/Johnson/Crawford outplayed Nelson/J-Rich/Arenas severely and understandably so - they are better players. Smith's length and athleticism has been consistently giving Hedo problems this season. Our fours, despite 2 years playing in the system, and significant playing time this year, look like they have never seen a 1/4 pick in roll in their basketball existence.

So, no this statistic is not reason for concern. However, there are enough very real basketball-related reasons to be concerned.

Quality post. You're also 3 weeks late

Sorry I was busy because I just came back from the future. Wanna know who wins the ship?

• Downvote 2

Shameless bump but stats dont lie. Now you can lock up this thread.

You're looking for a pat on the back for saying "I don't like our chances" after losing game one in the series from a month ago?

You're looking for a pat on the back for saying "I don't like our chances" after losing game one in the series from a month ago?

No I haven't been on the forums since the week that magic lost to hawks and this thread was the last thing that I posted. I wanted this to get locked. But I guess you cant always get what you want.

Kandikane: Oh, yes

128745264214561090.jpg

Edit. Btw dont try to argue with me by logic and reasoning. I'm immune to that ****.

No I haven't been on the forums since the week that magic lost to hawks and this thread was the last thing that I posted. I wanted this to get locked. But I guess you cant always get what you want.

Edit. Btw dont try to argue with me by logic and reasoning. I'm immune to that ****.

You are clearly very proud of this thread. It was buried, so it had no need to be brought back just to be locked. You clearly wanted attention for this masterpiece. It's clear you are immune to reason.

Shameless bump but stats dont lie. Now you can lock up this thread.

Your internet provider should close your account for this nonsense.