Sign in to follow this  
Norman

79% of the series are won by the team that wins the first game

Exactly. I expect us to play like we did in the fourth and first quarters going forward as opposed to how we played in the second and third quarters. Now if we lose game 2, then it's time to panic a bit.

Hah, funny how in the 2nd and 3rd periods they just got **** hot, couldn't miss and made our defense look bad. You're right though 1st and 4th quarters - when they were shooting JUST above their averages, we were winning.

So based on your theory, The Lakers and Spurs are screwed as well?

I was just going to post the same thing. I'm not worried until we lose 4 games. Last year we won 2 straight after being down 3-0 to the Celtics. We win game 2 and another game in Atlanta and we have home court again.

I was just going to post the same thing. I'm not worried until we lose 4 games. Last year we won 2 straight after being down 3-0 to the Celtics. We win game 2 and another game in Atlanta and we have home court again.

Last year we had 2 solid wing defenders and a back up center. This team won't come back if their down 3-0. I'll even go futher and say this team won't come back if we're down 2-0.

Last year we had 2 solid wing defenders and a back up center. This team won't come back if their down 3-0. I'll even go futher and say this team won't come back if we're down 2-0.

Vince was not a good wing defender. Matt Barnes, maybe, but he didnt show it against Boston.

And yet Boston's wings still killed us.

So no. Not anymore.

Why does everybody say Boston killed us? A "KILLING" is what we did to Atlanta last year

Game 1-Boston 92 Magic 88 (Game could have gone either way)

Game 2-Boston 95 Magic 92 (Game could have gone either way)

Game 3-MASSACRE

you know about games 4 and 5

then we choke in game 6.

1st off, taking a series to 6 games is not a killing. 2nd, when the games are decided by one play or one bad call then that's not a killing.

THIS YEAR- Out of 5 games with the Hawks, they have beaten us 4/5 80%. That my friends is a "KILLING"

Good thing history has nothing to do with what will happen in the future.

And that stat is so biased. Now a more interesting stat would be how many of the lower ranked teams that win the first game win the series (but still equally irrelevant.)

I think the point is not that the past has some sort of effect on the present or future, but that by winning game 1 you have a huge advantage going foward in the series...obviously numerically and also psychologically.

I dont like you or agreeing with you but...This