Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

I got a little J.J. Redick health update (link).....

"It's been a good week," said Redick, who ran some sprints Saturday and did some shooting drills. "I've made progress the last three days, so I'm excited. I'm close."Close to playing, close to practicing, close to doing stuff, close to cutting. I'm close. I'm not there yet, but the last three days I've made a lot of progress."

"I think that he certainly is a key guy in terms of our offense and our ball movement and our energy and even our defense," coach Stan Van Gundy said. "He's a knowledgeable guy, a tough guy. There's no question we've missed him." Redick looked sharp during his post-practice shooting session Saturday. At one point, he made six consecutive shots from the vicinity of the right corner.

"He hasn't done anything yet where he's had to react to anybody," Van Gundy said.

"He knows exactly what's coming all the time, which is a little difficult than making a quick, reactive type of cut, which he has not done. So the next step will be to try to get him to play some one-on-one and have to play some defense and react to some defense. And then it would be to get him back on the floor. So we'll see." It seems highly doubtful that Redick could play in Monday night's game in Philadelphia, but he didn't rule out playing in Wednesday's regular-season finale against the Indiana Pacers at Amway Center.

"As long as I'm ready to get a practice or two in [before the playoffs], I think I can be effective," Redick said. "The key for me is just to be able to play without thinking about this injury. So until I can get to that point, I'm not going to be effective. So until I get to that point, I won't play."

GO MAGIC !!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-jj-redick-injury-magic-0410-20110409,0,1047197.story

• Upvote 2

On a more serious note... I'm glad he's getting close to his return. We sure as h3ll need him out there, it's clear that in the time he's been out, his spark and shooting off the bench has been missed dearly. Just hope he doesn't reinjure himself during the process, it would suck major cojones losing him for the playoffs.

Sporting my Redick T-shirt to celebrate!

i seen some footage on jj practicing yesterday....he does look like he's gettin back in form...since we've clinched homecourt he just needs to rest up and practice when able...def need him at least 98% for Atlanta..

we're going to need JJ and i hope he comes back for the Final Home game....Hate to have to throw him into the fire in the Playoffs against the Hawks without seeing how he looks against real competition

• Upvote 1

Totally agree.. I know he can get practice in, but that's not really the same. 10 to 15 game minutes against Indy to knock off some rust would be sweet.