Sign in to follow this  
chris23

Magic will be lucky to get out of the first round

This thread is getting way more attention than what it deserves. Hell, some of our game threads arn't even this long anymore. With that said

in-before-the-lock-3.jpg

• Upvote 3

Yeah, we lost to the Raptors. In a meaningless game where we put about as much effort in as I did to watch the game. In a game where the worst 3 point shooting team in the NBA got hot. In a game where our whole rotation is messed up due to injuries. Yeah, I'd say this means a lot. Stop giving up on the *****ing team when they are clearly trying to get healthy and are just waiting for the playoffs.

Look, this is exactly how Boston was last year, and I don't even remember them having many players out of games, they were just on cruise control (I could be wrong, I just don't remember them having key rotation players out with injuries). Same thing that we are doing. Now, I'm not saying that we are going to turn it up and get to the Finals, but I am saying that this team has another gear, maybe three or four more, and that I think it is a long-shot that we get eliminated in the first round.

My prediction is that we lose to the Bulls in six or seven, but if we upset them, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

The regular season is a gauge of a team and how they fair consistent wise. However the playoffs have a spin, seedings and a multiple game matchups. So you have to take that into consideration when evaluating what a team might do.

Orlando verse Atlanta.... If the Magic have home court, then I would think that the Hawks will be in for a long ride. They will win a battle or two but not the war.

If Bulls move on...

Then we face them. I would suspect Dwight to wear them down and our guys to finally get it going. If So, then its back to the ECF.

Ofcourse we need to get healthy.

That's happening quite a bit recently (to us) :creaturedance:

Really? So would you mind telling me in which games that happened (other than the GSW game) over the last 20 orso?

Please stop to repeat these stereotypes.. that goes along with things like ''If Hedo starts to play good on a consistent basis yada''..look at his stats over the last month. I'd say sit back and relax till the playoffs come, THEN we all will have at least reason to rant.

Saying we won't get out of the first round is quite the stretch. Second round exit is much more plausible

I don't think its a stretch at all. SVG said that Dwight can't even stay off the court long to get a drink of water. Do you really think it is realistic that Dwight can play every minute of every game? The team could not even keep a lead against the Raptors when Dwight was a taking a break. I have watched the Hawks a great deal and Hawks are capable of beating the Magic in a 7 game series.

Really? So would you mind telling me in which games that happened (other than the GSW game) over the last 20 orso?

Please stop to repeat these stereotypes.. that goes along with things like ''If Hedo starts to play good on a consistent basis yada''..look at his stats over the last month. I'd say sit back and relax till the playoffs come, THEN we all will have at least reason to rant.

You havent watched Orlando Magic Basketball at all this season, have you? If you did, you'd realize that we regularly give scrub players career nights.

The team could not even keep a lead against the Raptors when Dwight was a taking a break.

I really think that the team didnt play too hard in this game. Regardless, what was apparent to me was, that if we didn't have Dwight, this ball club, as is, would not win more than 25 games in the regular season.

Yeah, we lost to the Raptors. In a meaningless game where we put about as much effort in as I did to watch the game. In a game where the worst 3 point shooting team in the NBA got hot. In a game where our whole rotation is messed up due to injuries. Yeah, I'd say this means a lot. Stop giving up on the *****ing team when they are clearly trying to get healthy and are just waiting for the playoffs.

Look, this is exactly how Boston was last year, and I don't even remember them having many players out of games, they were just on cruise control (I could be wrong, I just don't remember them having key rotation players out with injuries). Same thing that we are doing. Now, I'm not saying that we are going to turn it up and get to the Finals, but I am saying that this team has another gear, maybe three or four more, and that I think it is a long-shot that we get eliminated in the first round.

My prediction is that we lose to the Bulls in six or seven, but if we upset them, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Agreed. Very rational response.

I don't think its a stretch at all. SVG said that Dwight can't even stay off the court long to get a drink of water. Do you really think it is realistic that Dwight can play every minute of every game? The team could not even keep a lead against the Raptors when Dwight was a taking a break. I have watched the Hawks a great deal and Hawks are capable of beating the Magic in a 7 game series.

Hawks will give us a tussle, but to say we won't get out of the first round is ridiculous. It would be a huge upset for the Hawks to pull it off.

And in the playoffs, barring fouls, yes Dwight will play every minute.

Hawks will give us a tussle, but to say we won't get out of the first round is ridiculous. It would be a huge upset for the Hawks to pull it off.

And in the playoffs, barring fouls, yes Dwight will play every minute.

It is possible that they Magic could get out of the first round. It is ridiculous to underestimate the Hawks. The Magic gave them confidence the could win. It is also unrealistic to think the Magic can just turn in on, as SVG said the only teams that can turn it on at will are Boston, Lakers and Spurs. I really don't see how Dwight can pull 48 minutes all the time. Even though Dwight is young, he does get tired. Even if we would get past the Hawks, I just don't see us winning a series against th Bulls, they are just better defensively, and their coach was on a winning team. He knows how to play the Magic.