Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

J.J.'s Mission: Intense Summer Workouts to Start or Play Major Role(Magic Magazine)

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

another hof thread? it's ok i'll side with you if you want to say he's still not worth a lottery pick, i have the same opinion that i had coming into this year, he has a shot, his mindset is in the right place, nothing else is really better than anyone else's on the squad. i thought he was here to play pg and i'm still sticking hoping for that.

I never realized it your a follow the leader and if that leader says that Redick is not worth keeping then your all for it, but if said leader says lets keep Redick then your all for that. I never realized that well that's your choice.

Lucky for us Redick has shown that he too can be a leader on the court and has shown the spark and energy this team needs.

Seems the Magic are more interested in keeping him on for a long term then short.

quote:
Originally posted by InsideoutO:

Props to JJ, his game has looked really good this year. I hope we bring him back in the 1-3m a year range. A Full MLE is a pretty big reach but the kid is worth a few bills.

The Magic picked up Redick's option for next season before this season began and he will be making $2,839,408 the season after that Redick is set to earn $3,887,150 or what the Magic may offer in an extension, but it won't be in the 1-3 million dollar range that you mentioned it's how the CBA was setup.

Hopefully J.J. improves this summer for next year like he did last summer. I want no resting on his laurels from him.

Now what he needs is more consistency. Defensive hustle EVERY game. Hitting a good percentage of his shots EVERY game. Good solid passing EVERY game. Not 3 out of 5. But closer to 9 out of every 10 games.

If he can do that he's definitely worth 3 to 3.5 million a season, like a Keyon Dooling contract.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Hopefully J.J. improves this summer for next year like he did last summer. I want no resting on his laurels from him.

Now what he needs is more consistency. Defensive hustle EVERY game. Hitting a good percentage of his shots EVERY game. Good solid passing EVERY game. Not 3 out of 5. But closer to 9 out of every 10 games.

If he can do that he's definitely worth 3 to 3.5 million a season, like a Keyon Dooling contract.

If his Qualifying Offer is 3,887,150 doesn't that mean the Magic have to offer him that much and not the 3 to 3.5 you have stated??

quote:

another hof thread? it's ok i'll side with you if you want to say he's still not worth a lottery pick, i have the same opinion that i had coming into this year, he has a shot, his mindset is in the right place, nothing else is really better than anyone else's on the squad. i thought he was here to play pg and i'm still sticking hoping for that.

JJ at pg would be like D12 at shooting guard. It is not a good fit. Let the man (jj)play his position and shoot the rock... (sg)

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

I never realized it your a follow the leader and if that leader says that Redick is not worth keeping then your all for it, but if said leader says lets keep Redick then your all for that. I never realized that well that's your choice.

Lucky for us Redick has shown that he too can be a leader on the court and has shown the spark and energy this team needs.

Seems the Magic are more interested in keeping him on for a long term then short.

i guess this is the private high school education at work, and i'm glad your not blocking my posts anymore, he's upping his trade value by playing good against the bulls, that's fine. but i know one thing as a fact, if anyone in front of jj in the rotation would have been in during the pistons win earlier this week, you'd be right here calling them stupid, too young, or whatever your new antics are, peitrus can go for 50 in the next game and somehow carry us in the playoffs and win the championship, and you wouldn't dare say one good word about him, but instead talk about the assists 'j' was dishing out to MP or something, so far your basketball i.q. seems to be dwindling every time we have a drop in by you, i find it ironic that you have over 1000 posts on a basketball forum considering that you know so little about basketball, i figure half of it's my fault, by saying that jj has a good shot and his head is in the right place isn't enough for you, you want me to be gushing jj blood out of my fingertips when i see a picture of him, and stand and cheer like a sexually frustrated soccer mom when he stands up off the bench.

and courtney lee and peitrus when hedo's healthy are energy guys off the bench, i know jj has basketball knowledge but the dude is pretty quiet, he takes alot in i guess, but he's not the vocal leader, it's usually the pg, to which i think he'd be good at...

but he doesn't talk much, i don't know what to tell you, i've sat pretty close to the action during alot of games, i notice alot of things, dwight's pulled off at least 3 nipple pniches in game this year, he covers his mouth with a towel when he says something dirty so someone watching at home reading lips won't notice, to which half the bench giggles. when they are in suits, hedo, peitrus, and j rich have three of the largest diamond studs in their ears, it makes me wonder if they're having a competition at times. and jj, he's smart, but he's quiet, he's a sponge, but i don't think he's a vocal sponge.

and just by me saying that, i'm again a jj hater, you and one of your cronies are going to ask me why i have so much hatred to which i don't. i like the fact that he has a good shot, that he can somewhat handle the basketball, and make alright passes at times, his turnovers are going down i think, he tries really hard on defense, but he can be a half a step slower and his verticle is not really killer, he got his hand in rip's face a few times during the detroit game, but the reason why he should have been in there at the end is that he matched rip's attitude, and we all know what rip is like, jj can bring attitude off the bench, he isn't always nice, and he can be nasty, and it's what the team needs at times, i wish he was faster and could jump higher to tell you the truth so i can give that honest opinion that i give that you'd want to hear in your favour.

and your signature is wrong and it sucks, sloan has no rings, shaq, duncan, and sheed have rings.

quote:

quote:

If his Qualifying Offer is 3,887,150 doesn't that mean the Magic have to offer him that much and not the 3 to 3.5 you have stated??

I just meant 3 to 3.5 per in a general sense, as in an average contract over the course of his career.

Cunning, you can't go wrong with Jerry Sloan.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just meant 3 to 3.5 per in a general sense, as in an average contract over the course of his career.

maybe, but name me a team that has won a championship without a big man unless they had jordan, since the early 90s. i like sloan's teams, he's strict, utah is strict, they have a good system down, but he's wrong about the big man factor.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks for that answer Skywise and it seems I pushed a button cunningstunt certainly became the attack dog when I mentioned him being a follow the leader type of poster.

Nothing wrong with using Jerry Sloan in my sig it fits talking about Nelson and J both are considered small, but both have big hearts and play beyond their size.

So cunning how many coach's have the Magic had while Sloan has been coaching the Jazz. Sounds like Sloan must be doing something right.

quote:

quote:

Yes & No.

The Magic technically have to make an offer at that # to retain his rights as a restricted FA & that figure would then represent the cap hold for retaining his rights until a contract was agreed upon.

If the two sides never agree upon a contract, the player commonly accepts a 1 year deal at that figure so they can become an unrestricted FA a year later as Ben Gordon & Pietrus did. But, they don't have to, as Pavlovic didn't, and the team isn't obligated to offer the 1 year version.

But, teams are certainly capable of signing a player to a deal below that QO.

In fact, I'm not sure any player has actually ever agreed to a contract below their QO. It is however possible. But, I wouldn't expect JJ to become the first. Most players would rather give themselves a year to earn a better deal with the leverage of being an unrestricted FA.

****ing has a disease, i belive it is jealousy. Even Ball has quieted down about Redick. No one expects JJ to carry the team but he has shown that he can contribute and has done so in a big way a few times. He is what is known as a team player. He doesnt have to shoot the ball 10 or 11 times a game or play 30 minutes to contribute. He does what is asked and does it pretty well. Jealousy is a not a good trait cunnty so try and work through this. You will feel much better.

quote:
Originally posted by oncenaonly:

****ing has a disease, i belive it is jealousy. Even Ball has quieted down about Redick. No one expects JJ to carry the team but he has shown that he can contribute and has done so in a big way a few times. He is what is known as a team player. He doesnt have to shoot the ball 10 or 11 times a game or play 30 minutes to contribute. He does what is asked and does it pretty well. Jealousy is a not a good trait cunnty so try and work through this. You will feel much better.

successful-troll-is-successful.jpg