Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Nelson listed as day-to-day

The Orlando Magic can breathe a sigh of relief.

An MRI on Jameer Nelson's injured left knee showed that the Magic point guard and co-captain has no structural damage in the joint, a team spokesman said Saturday afternoon.

It is unclear whether Nelson will be able to practice Sunday and play Monday night against the New York Knicks. Nelson's status is listed as "day-to-day."

Nelson suffered the injury when New Jersey Nets point guard Jordan Farmar fell into Nelson's leg during the Magic's victory Friday night.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-jameer-nelson-0327-20110326,0,1431069.story

• Upvote 3

As bad as Duhon and Arenas are, I'd rather sit Jameer a few games and keep him healthy for the playoffs. We are all but locked into 4th, so these games don't mean that much.

+1; As mentioned in the game thread, this isn't a new issue for Jameer. He's been struggling w/his knee for a good 6+ weeks now. Rest him, try to get Arenas playing w/some confidence.

Anyone else notice a pattern?

Every time Nelson starts to play at a "High Level" or should I say "All-Star Meer" he gets injured?

Every time Nelson starts to play at a "High Level" or should I say "All-Star Meer" he gets injured?

He didn't get injured at the end of last year

Yeah I'm sure that's always his plan. Play well, get hurt, wait for losers online to start hating on his game.

He didn't get injured at the end of last year

Thats because he wasn't playing All-Star basketball against the Celtics.

Yeah I'm sure that's always his plan. Play well, get hurt, wait for losers online to start hating on his game.

Who says that its his choice?

Good to hear that he will be alright. I know everyone says we are locked in the 4 spot however I would not be opposed to Miami falling apart and us catching them. It would be nice to pull ahead and win the division. Highly unlikely but boy it would be nice.

Thats because he wasn't playing All-Star basketball against the Celtics.

What games were you watching? Dwight & Jameer were probably the only reasons that the ECF went six games. It clearly wasn't VC that won us two games.

Not to mention how he annihilated the Bobcats in the first round.