Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Hedo in Playoff Mode......

The first Rockets team that went to the finals. The second one added Clyde the Glide, but the first was Hakeem and....at the time a bunch of nobodies. Cassell turned that into a career, but never really did anything else. Horry would occasionally show up in the post season and hit a three at a critical point.

Other than Hakeem, I'm hard-pressed to think of another allstar-caliber player on that team. Could be my mind, going, though.

You are correct. The Rockets did have some rock-solid roleplayers but only one star during their first championship. I could even argue that Drexler was becoming more of a roleplayer during their second championship run. Of course, even with as fabulous as Hakeem was during that time, I still don't think the Rockets win it all if Jordan isn't playing spring ball.

The first Rockets team that went to the finals. The second one added Clyde the Glide, but the first was Hakeem and....at the time a bunch of nobodies. Cassell turned that into a career, but never really did anything else. Horry would occasionally show up in the post season and hit a three at a critical point.

Other than Hakeem, I'm hard-pressed to think of another allstar-caliber player on that team. Could be my mind, going, though.

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

If you're intelligent enough to consider where players were in their careers at that point rather than just seeing a name on the page, then the 2003 Spurs probably had less talent surrounding Duncan than any other title team in the 3pt era.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

You are correct. The Rockets did have some rock-solid roleplayers but only one star during their first championship. I could even argue that Drexler was becoming more of a roleplayer during their second championship run. Of course, even with as fabulous as Hakeem was during that time, I still don't think the Rockets win it all if Jordan isn't playing spring ball.

They beat Knicks in the finals that first year (1993-1994) and New York also did not have superstarS. They had Ewing and role players like Starks, Harper, Mason, Charles Smith, Oakley.

Then what about Phoenix Suns team which they played in the second round? Barkley was a star and again only role players-Kevin Johnson, Ainge, A.C. Green, Cebalos.

The league was different...But I don't think those teams were weaker than our current team or Boston or even Miami...

They beat Knicks in the finals that first year (1993-1994) and New York also did not have superstarS. They had Ewing and role players like Starks, Harper, Mason, Charles Smith, Oakley.

Then what about Phoenix Suns team which they played in the second round? Barkley was a star and again only role players-Kevin Johnson, Ainge, A.C. Green, Cebalos.

The league was different...But I don't think those teams were weaker than our current team or Boston or even Miami...

KEVIN JOHNSON WAS A ROLE PLAYER?!?

And what of Thunder Dan? Are we just going to ignore the team's third best player(after calling its second best a role player, no less)?

KEVIN JOHNSON WAS A ROLE PLAYER?!?

agree, my bad, Kevin Johnson was more than a role player in 1994...but Rockets beat them in the second round and played Knicks in Finals, who had only Ewing as a star player, unless you argue that Starks or Oakley were stars too...

Your answers are bulls..t and my answers are not in red...

Plus you do not know basketball,

you do not know what a team is,

you do not know what a fan is,

you do not know how a BASKETBALL TEAM FAN must be?

take a hike if that's the best reply you can come up with i.e. "you are wrong, you know nothing." I've been a magic fan waaaaaaaay way before your turkish counterpart was a part of the team. The second he leaves, is the second you will to.

take a hike if that's the best reply you can come up with i.e. "you are wrong, you know nothing." I've been a magic fan waaaaaaaay way before your turkish counterpart was a part of the team. The second he leaves, is the second you will to.

You take so much pride in being a fan but you have a funny way of showing it.

I give you credit though, it s no way to reply a posting. . "You Know Nothing" kind of attitude makes this forum a less desired forum lately.

Yet again, two negatives dont make a positive, unless you are in the world of modern math.

Who knows maybe some wont leave after him.

Average career span of an NBA player is 4.6 years, its his 11th year, so not much left in him. Why dont you enjoy him while he still has something to offer. Like near and "anytime it can happen" triple doubles, huge asists so on so forth. You are bad I am good is not a way of conversing. . Still I understand your frustration.

I used to do it all the time. I was trying to say something and somebody would stick his head up, and say, "hey you ass you know nothing."

I gave up. . 2 years ago. .

That was when teams were actually allowed to play perimeter defense. I don't think there is any way that Knicks team could have competed for a championship today. And, like Xenu said, you are severly underrating that Suns team. They were loaded with talent.

agree, my bad, Kevin Johnson was more than a role player in 1994...but Rockets beat them in the second round and played Knicks in Finals, who had only Ewing as a star player, unless you argue that Starks or Oakley were stars too...

There are many examples of teams with only one star and decent role players managing to make the Finals in a weak conference: the '07 Cavs, the '02 and '03 Nets, the '01 Sixers, the '00 Pacers, the '99 Knicks, the '94 Knicks, and so on.

The issue is that in each of the listed cases, those teams were bounced because so much league talent was in the opposite conference, that the best team in the East was actually around the league's fifth or sixth best team.

The second he starts messing it up, you and other posters like you will call for his head.

Good sir, you mistake me for another!

Seriously, I'm an oldschool Gator. Our old motto used to be, "Next year!" When I watched EPSN fawn over Ohio State as if they were gonna trump us in the NC game and then we kicked their frieken asses I watched as they said nothing. And I'm not out on the internet nor in the world lauding that over them. I just smile and nod.

I understand that you might not know me. But that you automatically lump me into those who rabidly cheer or boo is unfair. And while I am a patient man, I am not above asking for an apology from someone who has unfairly judged me.