Sign in to follow this  
Shock Phantom

Orlando Magic @ New York Knicks Game Thread

I think J-Rich is gonna just shoot lights out tonight. I don't know why I feel that way but I do.

He's due. He's had 5 consecutive games of 13 points or less. Prior to that, he had 5 consecutive games of 16 points or more (3 of which were above 22).

Gil is moving good tonight but he should never drive to the basket and pass it out to duhon! I wish he would just say F passing once i'm pass the free throw line and just attempt a layup

Fear the Beard.- :headbang:

(was it Arenas' idea, so he can lookalike the pic of him that the tv networks use?)

ps. Dwight is such a phenomenal, larger than life, player. I can't wait for the playoffs. He can dunk the ball in Atlanta and *****slap Stern in his office in LA at the same time.

Secret that ESPN & David Stern doesn't want you to know:

The Knicks just aren't that great.

Orlando 111

New York 103

Adrian Woj at Yahoo just wrote an interesting article on how much "fun" Carmelo is having with the Knicks being a mess right now. He's been batting 1000 with the articles lately.

Woj is awesome, one of my faves to follow on Twitter. Hey, not bad on my prediction, aye? Just gave the Knicks a touch too much credit.

We will need serious contributions from our bench if we plan on winning a championship. Gilbert will have to play more like he did in the 4th quarter against the likes of Boston or LA for us to win a title. Earl Clark will have to contribute somehow...he looked very rusty tonight and I hope Stan gives him more minutes so he feels a bit more comfortable out there. Anderson will have to have better shot selection. JJ will hopefully return to his pre-injury self. Q needs to defend. Duhon needs to not play when JJ gets back.

• Upvote 1

We will need serious contributions from our bench if we plan on winning a championship. Gilbert will have to play more like he did in the 4th quarter against the likes of Boston or LA for us to win a title. Earl Clark will have to contribute somehow...he looked very rusty tonight and I hope Stan gives him more minutes so he feels a bit more comfortable out there. Anderson will have to have better shot selection. JJ will hopefully return to his pre-injury self. Q needs to defend. Duhon needs to not play when JJ gets back.

This is the key to our success. He can't dribble up the court, he can't pass and he can't shoot. I'd almost rather have Orlando Magic Grant Hill back; at least he didn't mess thing up on the court.

Eurghh I don't like Jeff Van Gundy.

It's not that I don't like him as an analyst but I just dislike his opinion about our team.

He said we never were championship contenders and still aren't. He said our bench is awful. He said that without Dwight we'd be competing for that 15th spot with Cleveland and New Jersey.

:chairshot:

There's been an Arenas sighting....

Surprisingly enough, Arenas was the spark-plug as Orlando began to extend their lead in the period. On four possessions in a two minute span, Arenas made numerous positive plays. To start the sequence, Arenas executed a 1/4 pick and roll with Clark, attacked the basket, and drew the foul. Arenas made both free-throws. On the ensuing possession, Arenas led a fastbreak opportunity and was able to feed Jason Richardson, who was trailing on the play, for a wide-open three-point shot off the catch. After Arenas turned the ball over after that, he was able to come down on consecutive possessions and make jumpers as he executed 1/5 pick and rolls with Howard. Not only did Arenas finish with nine points on five field-goal attempts, but he was engaged on defense.

It was a solid night for Arenas.

GO MAGIC !!!

http://www.magicbasketball.net/2011/03/23/recap-orlando-magic-111-new-york-knicks-99/#more-7590

• Upvote 1