Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Our go-to guy in crunch time per SVG is....

Not necessarily in that order....

"It's different in different situations," coach Stan Van Gundy said minutes after Nelson's dramatic trey gave the Magic an 85-82 win over the Denver Nuggets.

"We've gone to J-Rich on a lot of shots, and I think he's proven he can make big shots. We've gone to Turk in key situations. And we've gone to Jameer now. It'll be different. I think for us, it's more matchups. It'll come from that group — those three guys — and Dwight [Howard]."

"Some teams, they have that go-to guy," Richardson said. "With a team like ours, I think it can be done by committee. It just depends on who has the hot hand that night."

But his(Howard's) position on the court also complicates matters. If a game is tied in the closing seconds, it's exceedingly difficult to control when a post player takes a shot in the low post because an opposing team can unleash a double-team. "Even the great post players, you'll go to them, say, down one with 17 seconds left where they can go and get a shot," Van Gundy said. "But holding for the last shot? You almost never see it with a post-up."

GO MAGIC !!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-go-to-guy-0320-20110319,0,4495410.story

• Upvote 1

did the magic trade jj redick? i hear nothing about him. what team is he playing for? i did see somewhere that he might have an injury but the media, svg, and the magic are very quite. i hope gil is not the new second unit sg. i see svg is expanding the rotation. i guess i should wish jj well with his new team.

• Downvote 6

did the magic trade jj redick? i hear nothing about him. what team is he playing for? i did see somewhere that he might have an injury but the media, svg, and the magic are very quite. i hope gil is not the new second unit sg. i see svg is expanding the rotation. i guess i should wish jj well with his new team.

He's still injured

J.J. Redick, meanwhile, will make the trip with the team but is unlikely to play. Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said he’d be “shocked” if Redick played Monday at Cleveland or Wednesday at New York. Redick, who’s missed the last five games with a lower abdomen injury, was able to go through some shooting drills on Sunday, but he’s still not close to returning to game action.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/03/gilbert-arenas-questionable-jj-redick-out-monday-vs-cavs.html

Stan has mentioned JJ couple times when he has talked about the players they are missing or rotations.

i was actually kidding. it just appears that jj is the forgoteen man. i would think he would have to be a guy you would use at the end of a game. i just hope we do not have to depend on a last second shot every playoff game. another scarey thought is using gil at any spot much less the sg. if he is going to be of any help it would have to be at pg. i do not know of any sg in the nba he could guard. i guess i do know of any pg's he could guard either.

• Downvote 1

Go to guy by committee sounds cool but it just tells you nobody's is really dominant hehehe.

Let's hope this time around that works out as a strategic advantage (you don't if it's Jameer or Hedo or JRich) instead of leaving the Magic with no weapons in crucial playoff games (no dominant scorer in the clutch).