Sign in to follow this  
Catman

Winds of Change could be be blowing with a poor playoff performance

SVG:

Orlando would be crazy to give up SVG for someone like Doc Rivers. Yes, I understand that his team 2yrs ago won the Championship. His "Hall of Fame Player's" did what they were paid to do, win a ring and bring home the trophy. And so Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett came together for a common goal.

So did Doc Rivers win the Championship?... No

Obviously if you can Coach a team, and end up in the finals or ECF/WCF. It means that you know your job, and had a great effort from the guys you coached. So why would you give up on a coach that has been one of the most winning coaches in Orlando Magic history? Is it because SVG is a "pass first PG"? (lol). I know there are alot of flaws that can be pointed out, but what coach doesn't have them.

Even Phil Jackson screws up and is always ready to admit it, would you fire him?..... No, stupid answer. Phil has the rings to prove it. SVG might not have the rings, but he has plenty of battle scars. Thats something you just dont give away. Not for a Doc Rivers or anyone for that matter.

DWIGHT:

I love talking about Dwight, and the possibility of him leaving Orlando. I have friends who are Laker, Heat, Celtic, OKC, CHI, and LAC fans, and they always make my day when they talk about D12. So they go on talking about how bad the team is, what games we lost, and how we wont advance. Which leads to their beginning argument to why Dwight will leave. Then they follow it up with the player match ups of who Dwight could play with and win a ring, ofcourse its always the team they pull for.... "Always". And so i smile quietly until its my turn to provide my counter argument.

It starts with Dwight not being their typical brand of player. Dwight isnt going to go Lebron, or even Melo, more than likely he will pull a Durant. The reason being that Dwight will think beyond his basketball years into his real future. I went to Orlando Amway Center for the first time last week and it was beautiful. I noticed one thing that made me smile, that being "Disney" posted all over the place. Businesses do not invest money into Businesses for short term. Dwight likes doing songs for kids, Disney is right down the road.... future attractions.... "Welcome to Dwights World", where everything is larger than life.

Hello $$$$$

Thats when it usually dawns on my friends, that there team really has no shot at getting Dwight. And that is the point where there gleaming smile, dies down to a sad frown. The NBA can only pay you so much. Disney on the other hand......

Dwight wants to make his own history. He has always been that way, ever since I read about this 17yr old in a ESPN mag. At the time, Dwights goal was to one day put a "Christian Cross" in the NBA logo (dont get caught up in this line). To me, that showed how differently he thinks from other types of players. Lebron around that age was too busy answering questions about the Hummer is mother got when she had no job. You see what Lebron has done and where he went. Dwight, is going to be different.

SVG AND DWIGHT

Dwight loves SVG and SVG loves Dwight. You can see it in the performance and the comments Dwight makes. There was a game where someone asked him about his points, Dwight responded that the team gets wins with his rebounding and blocks. Those were Dwights words, not SVG. Which tells me that there is a great understanding between the two. Dwight asked SVG to ease up, SVG eased up..... until the losses. SVG always talks about intensity from start to finish. Do you know who I here that from the most on the team, Dwight.

Dwight isnt going to want SVG going anywhere, unless the relationship really sours. I honestly dont ever see that happening, because SVG seems to have a good relationship with all of his players. Usually going above and beyond in communicating and knowing them more.

• Upvote 2

How can Dwight "pull a Durant" when we don't know what Durant will do once he becomes an UFA? Durant signed an extension with OKC the same way Dwight did and to some extent Melo/LeBron. . . by the time his contract is up he'll have played for OKC for about as many years and those guys played with their teams. Not sure why he's crowned Mr. Loyal

Hell no. Theres no coaching problem here. Its just the will, determination, and heart of the players. Dwight knows that. Stan knows that.

During the halftime interviews, the broadcasting team asks specific questions about what the team has to do out there to play better. They say the right things but never do it. Stan has to respond to the questions that the players answered in on one occasion, Stan said.."we say a lot of things"...but apparently no ones doing what they say. It shows on court...

How can Dwight "pull a Durant" when we don't know what Durant will do once he becomes an UFA? Durant signed an extension with OKC the same way Dwight did and to some extent Melo/LeBron. . . by the time his contract is up he'll have played for OKC for about as many years and those guys played with their teams. Not sure why he's crowned Mr. Loyal

You missed the point..... Melo, Lebron, CP3 were all loud..... Durant, did it quietly.....

You missed the point..... Melo, Lebron, CP3 were all loud..... Durant, did it quietly.....

Pretty sure those guys were pretty quiet when they signed their first extensions too. . .

SVG:

Orlando would be crazy to give up SVG for someone like Doc Rivers. Yes, I understand that his team 2yrs ago won the Championship. His "Hall of Fame Player's" did what they were paid to do, win a ring and bring home the trophy. And so Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett came together for a common goal.

So did Doc Rivers win the Championship?... No

Obviously if you can Coach a team, and end up in the finals or ECF/WCF. It means that you know your job, and had a great effort from the guys you coached. So why would you give up on a coach that has been one of the most winning coaches in Orlando Magic history? Is it because SVG is a "pass first PG"? (lol). I know there are alot of flaws that can be pointed out, but what coach doesn't have them.

Even Phil Jackson screws up and is always ready to admit it, would you fire him?..... No, stupid answer. Phil has the rings to prove it. SVG might not have the rings, but he has plenty of battle scars. Thats something you just dont give away. Not for a Doc Rivers or anyone for that matter.

DWIGHT:

I love talking about Dwight, and the possibility of him leaving Orlando. I have friends who are Laker, Heat, Celtic, OKC, CHI, and LAC fans, and they always make my day when they talk about D12. So they go on talking about how bad the team is, what games we lost, and how we wont advance. Which leads to their beginning argument to why Dwight will leave. Then they follow it up with the player match ups of who Dwight could play with and win a ring, ofcourse its always the team they pull for.... "Always". And so i smile quietly until its my turn to provide my counter argument.

It starts with Dwight not being their typical brand of player. Dwight isnt going to go Lebron, or even Melo, more than likely he will pull a Durant. The reason being that Dwight will think beyond his basketball years into his real future. I went to Orlando Amway Center for the first time last week and it was beautiful. I noticed one thing that made me smile, that being "Disney" posted all over the place. Businesses do not invest money into Businesses for short term. Dwight likes doing songs for kids, Disney is right down the road.... future attractions.... "Welcome to Dwights World", where everything is larger than life.

Hello $$$

Thats when it usually dawns on my friends, that there team really has no shot at getting Dwight. And that is the point where there gleaming smile, dies down to a sad frown. The NBA can only pay you so much. Disney on the other hand......

Dwight wants to make his own history. He has always been that way, ever since I read about this 17yr old in a ESPN mag. At the time, Dwights goal was to one day put a "Christian Cross" in the NBA logo (dont get caught up in this line). To me, that showed how differently he thinks from other types of players. Lebron around that age was too busy answering questions about the Hummer is mother got when she had no job. You see what Lebron has done and where he went. Dwight, is going to be different.

SVG AND DWIGHT

Dwight loves SVG and SVG loves Dwight. You can see it in the performance and the comments Dwight makes. There was a game where someone asked him about his points, Dwight responded that the team gets wins with his rebounding and blocks. Those were Dwights words, not SVG. Which tells me that there is a great understanding between the two. Dwight asked SVG to ease up, SVG eased up..... until the losses. SVG always talks about intensity from start to finish. Do you know who I here that from the most on the team, Dwight.

Dwight isnt going to want SVG going anywhere, unless the relationship really sours. I honestly dont ever see that happening, because SVG seems to have a good relationship with all of his players. Usually going above and beyond in communicating and knowing them more.

^5 great post.

This team needs to get more youthful and keep Stan bc he gets the most out of hungry determined players. Doc Rivers has 3 very good player that won him his ring! Rando was trash before the big 3 assembled and Rivers was given a chance kind of like spo in Miami either you win a ring or your fired point blank and thoses guys worked their asses off for him. If anything i see 2 things that should happen next yr to help improve our team 1. RESIGN E3 and bring in Daequan Cook to start along side Gil and 2. J.Rich needs to be traded draft night or signed and traded for multiple pieces that will help us down the road. Also I"d like us to bring in young guys to sit at the end of the bench instead of guys like Allen.

Has anyone here actually seen the Orlando Magic in a timeout? Basically none of the players are listening to SVG.... It's kind of sad. He's just yelling and they are looking off into the distance. I remember specifically against the Bulls they pointed this out. Against the Celtics in the playoffs last year it happened several times even in crucial situations where Doc would have his players attention and SVG would be yelling at air. I would take Doc at this point over SVG. I don't dislike Van Gundy as a head coach but at this point a new voice may just be needed. If they can't listen during timeouts in crucial games, how can he help us win games?

• Downvote 3