DuhonsEmptyLiquorBottle

Making The Video - Fouls, Flagrant Fouls, Calls and Non Calls

EDITING FIRST POST FOR TABLE OF CONTENTS AND HELPFUL LINKS

M.O. Post #5 (Standard Page 1)

Footage of Mo Williams throwing basketball at Dwight Post #13 (Standard Page 2)

List of Dwight and SVG Technical Fouls Post #24 (Standard Page 2)

Footage of Garnett Karate Chops Post #32 (Standard Page 3)

Amare flagrant non call(Standard Page 6)

Rondo flagrant non call on Miller Post #74 (Standard Page 7)

Dwight flagrant on Pierce, same contact to head as Amare Post #75 (Standard Page 7)

Dwight fouls in Cha playoff seriesPost #76 (Standard Page 7)

Helpful Links:

Game Downloads

2010-2011 NBA game downloads

Tech and Flagrant foul lists

http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/mediacentral/FlagrantFoulStatus.pdf

http://mediacentral..../TechStatus.pdf

• Upvote 2

Here is a description of what Marc Acres want to try and do:

The more I think about this the angrier I get. What type of program could be used to edit youtube video's like that? I would want to include-

1.Flagrant fouls that were committed on perimeter guys

2.Non calls on non-marquee and big men

3.A clip of the league provided definition of a flagrant 1 and 2

Once this thing is made I want to saturate the internet with it. We should get the help of other teams boards and put this thing up every where.

Stern is taking a valid point with fact based numbers to back it up and he is trying to dismiss it as a bunch of malcontents complaining because their team isn't winning. It's a big FU to anyone that watches the game. Creating something like this may not do anything but if it can get enough attention at least he will know we aren't going to sit down and be quiet about this anymore.

• Upvote 1

I posted this in the other thread, but you guys are on to something. I will do what I can to help as well. This ass sack Stern has held his dictatorship for too long. Any chance we can get this idea over to the Real GM boards as well?

Like I had posted in the other thread, anyone with Mozilla Firefox should be able to download videos off YouTube. All you need is the Download Helper Add-On.

Later tonight I will try downloading one, and see if I can edit it using my MacBook. Keep you guys posted, or please inform if anyone has any other ideas.

I think we need to contact people on other boards as well, not just for the Magic but all teams, it's harder to dismiss as "people being upset that their team isn't performing well" if we include a bunch of different teams. We have to make this something that will stand on it's own, if it is easy to poke holes in it, it's worthless. We need to look for non calls that are obvious and called fouls that are the same or very similar. For example if we add the clip of Amare hitting Dwight in the head it would be fantastic if we could find a clip where Amare is called for a foul or a flagrant for hitting a perimeter guy in the head.

Here is a list of what I think we should collect, if anyone has additional ideas please feel free to add to this-

1.Game and time logs (date, quarter, time left in quarter) of non calls or similar fouls or video of these. We can start with the Amare foul and the hit to the head in the Chicago game that was not called prior to the tech for swinging near Korver

2.Some sort of editor that will allow us to put all this together

3.Information on how we can record these clips (out of internet feeds?). Where can we get these so everyone is able to find them, that way 1 person isn't having to find everything

4.If there is a resource (website) out there that lists ref crews for each game we could use that to compare fouls. If Joey Crawford calls a hit to Wades head but not Dwights then we have a direct comparison there.

5.Is there a resource out there that lists flagrants that have been called and the who and when? That would help to narrow down the search for video.

If you do mention this on other boards that is great, just make sure you are stressing that this isn't meant to be some goofball conspiracy theory type thing. We don't want any of the "They call it this way because LA gets better ratings" we are never going to win an arguement like that, we have to focus on the basic point here that fouls are called 1 way for perimeter guys and another for big guys.

After all of this is done I want to send this to blogs, message boards, sports sites, everyone including Santa Claus. I want this posted and referenced any time this discussion comes up, and I want it to keep coming up over and over again until they change the way they call the game. It may not ever happen but at least we can say we did something other than just complain.

EDIT-

I'm going to start the collection here-

Link to NBA.com NBA rules on fouls and flagrants

Link to recording game feeds

• Upvote 3

If we can get this done, it would be epic.

I think we can. We get a few from this board, a few from another board, it will add up. I'm pretty sure we won't have trouble finding enough people that are die hard fans of the game and hate what he is doing to it. If everyone does a little we can get this done.

It may not ever happen but at least we can say we did something other than just complain.

This. I'm looking for video's on you tube Dwight getting hammered but its turning out to be difficult. The first results the spring up are the videos of Dwight Howard hammering some other opposing player and getting called for a flagrant foul. These potentially make some fans picture Dwight as a dirty player...which is quite Ironic...cause he's the one having to deal with the dirtiness.

Nonetheless, a great effort of work will have to be placed in as a whole to make "this" happen and I'm confident in the sources and in the will of a variety of fan bases that there will be a strong movement to make this go noticed through the media outlets.

I think we can. We get a few from this board, a few from another board, it will add up. I'm pretty sure we won't have trouble finding enough people that are die hard fans of the game and hate what he is doing to it. If everyone does a little we can get this done.

The information gathering and data logs are by far the most difficult parts. The video editing is not difficult; I have some experience using iMovie, Windows movie maker, and Adobe final cut (and i'm sure some members have even better skills than me).

Dub, those videos of Dwight fouling people could be useful as well. If we show what Dwight gets called for vs. what people can do to him that is also helpful.

I know the collecting part is going to be the worst part, if we get the word out on this project anyone that is helping can watch games (not just Magic games) and if they notice something either capture it or make a note of it. I would love to get stuff from earlier in the year but that will be tough, we can try but don't get discouraged if you aren't finding anything useful.

LOD- Exactly, that and look for any of that other info I suggested. Lord Xenu is really good at finding that type of stuff (man that sounds weird), hopefully he will help out.

This. I'm looking for video's on you tube Dwight getting hammered but its turning out to be difficult. The first results the spring up are the videos of Dwight Howard hammering some other opposing player and getting called for a flagrant foul. These potentially make some fans picture Dwight as a dirty player...which is quite Ironic...cause he's the one having to deal with the dirtiness.

Nonetheless, a great effort of work will have to be placed in as a whole to make "this" happen and I'm confident in the sources and in the will of a variety of fan bases that there will be a strong movement to make this go noticed through the media outlets.

Youtube is a mess; Google is our best bet.

In a perfect world, we would develop an algorithm to search for what we are looking for.

However, if you guys are really serious about this, then the best way to go forward is someone(multiple people) should record every game from here on out. If we can attain copies of past games as well, that would be great. Our focus should be only on Dwight, then we can look at other players. With those copies of game, someone can identify when and where the fouls are occurring, and a panel of us can judge its merits whether it should be included or not. Then, someone else can splice that section out onto a new video that will be comprised of other agreed-upon fouls. Doing it this way seems much more doable.

another method of describing fouls is that we film a series of fouls that eventually lead to technicals by Dwight. This could be even easier, because we can just find the games that Dwight got techs in and make a case, by showing the succession of (unfair/cheap) fouls that led to Dwight's technicals.