• Lebron James
    • Kobe Bryant
    • Dirk Nowitzki
    • Kevin Durant
    • Dwayne Wade
    • Manu Ginobili
    • Rajon Rondo
    • Someone Else

If Rose wins it, I can say the MVP race was at least done fairly. Who on Earth expected the Bulls to have a chance for #1 seed? I don't remember anybody ever giving them credit the beginning of the season. He's increased his three-point shooting and has carried the team through multiple injuries. They defeated teams they weren't expected to beat (on the ROAD nonetheless).

I can see Howard get MVP as well but if he doesn't due to Rose.. who cares. You could make a case equally for them.

The reason for the Bulls' success is their outstanding defense, which Rose plays a minor role in.

If Rose wins it, I can say the MVP race was at least done fairly. Who on Earth expected the Bulls to have a chance for #1 seed? I don't remember anybody ever giving them credit the beginning of the season. He's increased his three-point shooting and has carried the team through multiple injuries. They defeated teams they weren't expected to beat (on the ROAD nonetheless).

I can see Howard get MVP as well but if he doesn't due to Rose.. who cares. You could make a case equally for them.

People's expectations should never clout reasoning.

I'm not trying to bash Rose, but he gets way more credit for the Bulls' success than he really deserves. Thibs has them playing outstanding team defense, they are just tough to score on. Rose can make flashy plays on offense, but he's not amazing or anything. Very good player, but he's going to win MVP because of flashy highlights and his head coach.

Dwight is putting up MVP numbers, but he won't win because we are lower in the standings than people hoped while the Bulls are likely getting the 1st seed.

Sure, their defensive coaching change is a factor, but they also wouldn't be where they are now without Rose. Nobody else can surely create anything for anybody on that team especially in the fourth quarter.

<br />Sure, their defensive coaching change is a factor, but they also wouldn't be where they are now without Rose. Nobody else can surely create anything for anybody on that team especially in the fourth quarter.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Just like they wouldn't be anywhere without their defense. . .

So are you suggesting that Rose isn't even a candidate or that Howard is simply more deserving?

If anything Rose should be as much of a candidate as LeBron is if you were to completely disregard just how much of a better player LeBron is than Rose. While LeBron also has Wade on his team the supporting cast isn't nearly as good as the Bulls. Rose may not have another superstar with him but his "Wade" is that team's terrific defense and supporting cast.

So what about the Cavaliers' "terrific defense"? Or the Lakers' terrific defense when Kobe won it?

Not one bit comparable. We're talking about two players a LOT better than Rose both offensively and defensively that actually impacted both ends of the floor and showed with both teams being top 5 (or close to) offensively and defensively. Rose isn't much of a defender let alone game changer and isn't good enough offensively both numbers wise and team numbers wise to be compared. . .

Rose's MVP campaign is reminding me more and more of Iverson's. His team has still been winning regularly despite his recent epic chucking. His raw numbers are impressive, but his advanced statistics post all-star break have been borderline dreadful. He has made strides this season, but I'm inclined to believe that Chicago's overachieving is more likely due to the Utah acquisitions and Thibodeau (especially) than it is Rose taking his game to another level.

If he chucks, it is only because he carries that entire team's offense. I've watched at least a third of the Bulls games, and when he's out of the game, they play much more different unless Korver is hot.

I'll admit most of Rose's shortcomings are from the defensive end, but it's improved from last year to me as well. They wouldn't be that good defensively if he was like he was last year or in 2009. I'd say his campaign matches more closely to Paul's (although Paul is superior defensively, Rose would be a better scorer than him).

• Upvote 1

If he chucks, it is only because he carries that entire team's offense. I've watched at least a third of the Bulls games, and when he's out of the game, they play much more different unless Korver is hot.

I'll admit most of Rose's shortcomings are from the defensive end, but it's improved from last year to me as well. They wouldn't be that good defensively if he was like he was last year or in 2009. I'd say his campaign matches more closely to Paul's (although Paul is superior defensively, Rose would be a better scorer than him).

I'll back you on this. Proof? Rose held D Will, arguably the best point guard in the league, to just 5 points, (1-12 shooting) in a recent matchup. Bear in mind that the Nets don't have an abundance of offensive talent.

• Downvote 2