Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

Spain looked like crap today lolol. Busquets also fouled Corluka in the box clearly but the refs bailed them out (who would have guessed?)

Portugal has the tools to beat Czech and Spain if they get there.

I SAY BRING IT

Spain looked like crap today lolol. Busquets also fouled Corluka in the box clearly but the refs bailed them out (who would have guessed?)

I SAY BRING IT

I only watched the first half and it seemed like Spain wasn't even trying to score. They were just passing the ball around.

Germany Vs Spain in the final

I SAY BRING IT

CR7 = LeBron

Both great players, and impressive chokers.

LeBron is still the best, CR7 is comfortably second to our own Messi

CR7 = LeBron

Kinda disagree there Manu.

Messi did not show up during the last game against Madrid and was well defended against Chelsea and couldn't break the defense.

Messi plays for a better national team full of great players and is just starting to play well for Argentina. Ronaldo has NO ONE in Portugal besides Nani who is inconsistent and Meireles.

I dislike both CR7 and LeBron. Ronaldo won the last game for Portugal against Netherlands and carried the team on his back just like LeBron has done during the playoffs and finals. As much as I hate LeBron, he's showing up during this series and is playing amazing!

I do agree that Messi is still the best player in the world!

CR7 = LeBron

At club level yes, Messi is so far ahead of anyone its ridiculous but at national level he has done absolutely nothing and continues to do absolutely nothing. Maybe that's because there aren't too many brilliant players in the Argentina squad at the moment but at the end of day, world class players win games on their own at national level, Messi has yet to do that and until he does he will be a great player but not a Pele or Maradona i.e legends. Granted there is a lot of time for him to change that being so young still.(I'm not saying he's bad :P he's clearly the best player out there right now!)

At club level yes, Messi is so far ahead of anyone its ridiculous but at national level he has done absolutely nothing and continues to do absolutely nothing. Maybe that's because there aren't too many brilliant players in the Argentina squad at the moment but at the end of day, world class players win games on their own at national level, Messi has yet to do that and until he does he will be a great player but not a Pele or Maradona i.e legends. Granted there is a lot of time for him to change that being so young still.(I'm not saying he's bad :P he's clearly the best player out there right now!)

Agree there. although not entirely his fault.

Our national team is comprised of many superstars in the attack to complement Messi (Aguero / Higuain / Tevez / Milito / Lavezzi / Di Maria / Gago).

Main problem is our ****ty defense. We have no great in D, that even we cannot get a decent Left Back for the last 20 years. Currently, Clemente Rodriguez has to play in the left being right footed.

Our central tandem, between Demichelis / Fernandez / Burdisso are not even a quarter as good as a Lugano, Puyol, Pepe or Terry.

It has been our problem for more than 20 years, but we continue to focus on Messi's brilliance and forget Brazil's easiest recipe to win it all:

Focus on D - Take 8/9 great/dominant players (including GK) behind the line of the ball - Train the defensive side

Let the attack do his thing.

That's why, in Brazil you can see a LUCIO, a DANI ALVES, a JUAN. You are not seeing anyone even 10% of this guys in our squad.

Same with Uruguay, they have LUGANO, CACERES, GODIN, AREVALO RIOS. Then they let Cavani, Forlan and Luis Suarez do their thing.

That's the way their last 2 WC teams 94 (Romario / Bebeto) and 02 (Rivaldo / Ronaldo / Ronaldinho) won it all. And they will probably win again in 2014, while trying to avenge their most painful loss, MARACANAZO.

I still can see 3 South American teams in the Semi Finals in 2014, with Argentina and Uruguay threatening Brazil, who will win it all. Spain/Germany will join from Europe.

Yep, Argentina's problem is very similar to England's but opposite squad wise.

England have a very solid back line and keeper and some good all round holding midfielders but the attacking 4/5 are very poor (and I include Rooney in this.)

As an England fan I will be happy if they get out the group and go out in the quarters, that's how poor the squad is right now which is frustrating as they have some very good youngsters coming through like Chamberlain, Wilshere and Rodwell in midfield.

Disagree with Argentina making the semis, I think much like England they are very average. Agree with the other 4 teams though.

Ukraine just scored and 2 refs missed the call.

The ref also missed 2 clear offsides on Ukraine.

Wonder when fifa will use technology

Ukraine just scored and 2 refs missed the call.

The ref also missed 2 clear offsides on Ukraine.

Wonder when fifa will use technology

Yep that goal that wasn't given had an offside in the build up and the header Ukraine nearly scored from was offside too, when are FIFA going to wake up!

Hopefully eventually the big leagues will all just start putting their own replay rules in. MLS, La Liga, EPL, etc... just put it in and FIFA will have no choice.