Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Stan Van Gundy is Awesome

i've done some video editing and splicing, progams like iMovie, windows movie maker, adobe final cut can be used to edit videos and merge them.

Cool, check out that other thread about putting this together, we will coordinate everything there.

With regard to Stern as a commishner, I've mentioned it before but he is a good businessman however, he doesn't seem to care one bit about the game itself. He rescued the league in the 80's with his marketing but instead of growing he's been content to go with the same plan that he had to go with in the 80's. Marketing stars instead of teams and the game. All rule changes have followed along with this regardless of whether they help or hurt the game. The league needs a leader that will take care of the business side AND pay attention to the quality of the product.

yeah, that'll show them.

edit: I don't think I've laughed this hard in a while. Thanks for that.

LOL i just noticed! hahaha i was spent after work :(

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Stern refers to Van Gundy's words of truth as "aberrant behavior." Well, there's plenty of that in NBA. Stern ought to chase some down.

Want to get really pissed off?

Section IV--Flagrant Foul

a. If contact committed against a player, with or without the ball, is interpreted to be unnecessary, a flagrant foul--penalty (1) will be assessed. A personal foul is charged to the offender and a team foul is charged to the team.

PENALTY: (1) Two free throws shall be attempted and the ball awarded to the offended team on either side of the court at the free throw line extended. (2) If the offended player is injured and unable to attempt his free throws, the opposing coach will select any player from the bench to attempt the free throws. (3) This substitute may not be replaced until the ball is legally touched by a player on the court. (EXCEPTION: Rule 3--Section V--e.) (4) The injured player may not return to the game. (5) A player will be ejected if he commits two flagrant fouls in the same game.

b. If contact committed against a player, with or without the ball, is interpret-ed to be unnecessary and excessive, a flagrant foul--penalty (2) will be assessed. A personal foul is charged to the offender and a team foul is charged to the team.

PENALTY: (1) Two free throws shall be attempted and the ball awarded to the offended team on either side of the court at the free throw line extended. (2) If the offended player is injured and unable to attempt his free throws, his coach will select a substitute and any player from the team is eligible to attempt the free throws. (3) This substitute may not be replaced until the ball is legally touched by a player on the court. EXCEPTION: Rule 3--Section V--e. (4) The injured player may return to the game at any time after the free throws are attempted. (5) This is an unsports-manlike act and the offender is ejected.

c. A flagrant foul may be assessed whether the ball is dead or alive.

My link

How is hitting a guy in the head ever necessary? Dwight has pretty long arms, I'm guessing the ball isn't near his head when dunking.

I remember in either the Wiz or Sac game I attented, Dwight was jumped on by two guys I think, pulled down hard by the third guy so he ended face down on the baseline, Sac/Wiz got a fastbreak and the AC went bananas with boos.

The Magic are going to get Mark Cuban'd nearly every single playoff series. Stern's too old and too senile to really change anything.

because of this I dont think dwight will play for the nba after 2012, how could he be great if he is there only to take a beating.

• Downvote 3

Stern, if you think that Orlando fans booed you pretty good the last time you came to one of our games, wait until the next game. If you even have the gall to step in our arena again.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, I think the qualifications to be a commissioner of a sports league are the same qualifications to be a great white collar thief.

I don't think Stern will ever get over the belittlement that he received from the Magic crowd that night. If he does have to make another appearance, hopefully in the championship series, I will bet a hundred bucks that he'll instruct the Magic not to announce his presence at the game. I'm afraid that the booing will make him sad again. Poor baby.

Dwight Howard will get way more respect and collect MVP after MVP award in FIBA book it.

Though this could be great hoax to Stern if Dwight would openly said that he has been looking options out of nba, because atm he is bringing tons of money to the nba.