Sign in to follow this  
MagicMan27

Thoughts about the Magic for this yr and beyond

I'm not sure this thread will make it past this post but i have some thoughts about this team and didn't know where i should put them so here we go. IMO and i'm fully aware i could be wrong but the summer of 2012 is going to be a big summer for us. CP3 will be in a magic uniform simply bc we are the only small market team that has any type of hope and I could see Stern pretty much giving CP3 to us just to keep D12 here and allowing a small market team to flourish. With our arena 2 superstars that compliment each other better than any trio or duo that is together so far and our role players the NBA would make a killing off the Magic. Of course for this to happen Arenas would have to keep his part of the deal and resign which I'm willing to beat he will bc once he's healthy he will be apart of the best team in the league and making more than any team will offer him in 2013 point blank. Otis has really put us behind the 8ball with his i like this team crap but i'm starting to think maybe Devos has told Otis look you made some dumb moves so you gotta live with them. We are a very very talented team and if we can play faster and not forget about the small things like REBOUNDS and DEFENSE we will be ok bc our offense speaks for itself and we have the best player in the league in the paint.

Deron-Williams.jpg

I love Deron Williams and actually prefer him over CP3 bc of his size but i see CP3 being a easier player to bring here. The Nets gave up alot and i could see them adding guys at the deadline to keep him in town but I could be wrong it could be a melo situation but either guy is a win for us

I loved the Magics roster at the start of the season. I was hopefull that VC would regain his pre Orlando form and that the small additions of Q Rich and Duhon would beef up our defense, add to our 3 point threat and help with our pick n roll plays as I had heard that Duhon was excellent with pick n rolls. I was a little sad to see Barnes go but I could see the sense in it as he was inconsistent offensively and everyone expected Q Rich to be more reliable there.

Overall though I felt we were well rounded, had a luxary of attacking options, great depth and good up and coming prospects in Bass and Anderson. We had also drafted a young center but didn't need to involve him straight away due to having the best C in the league and the best back up C in the league. Redick resigned as well so for me, even though we made no major moves, I was excited as I expected us to be more solid due to being in the 2nd year as a squad and everyone knowing the ropes more.

The the trade happened and now I'm a little confused if I like this team or not. In my heart of hearts I don't think we've now got the squad for the championship but we do have some nice pieces. I feel like our squad is a little thrown together right now and we don't have the depth we did when Gortat and co were here.

I look at Chicago just now and I like what they've done. They have the feeling of a club with a plan and that they've been put together very cleverly. I like their team work and think they have a lot of talent. This is what I used to think of us.

We're still a dangerous team who could beat anyone but I still think we need adjusting to get the ring.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If Gil opts out (which I think he will) we are in good shape imo. As for this year, I don't know. The last few weeks I've thought we looked like a serious threat. Everyone was involved and we were driving more and getting good threes instead of just chucking them. Hopefully we keep improving and J-Rich can get a bigger role and be more consistent. We should run more cuts, lobs, and screens for him imo, try to mold him into that second scorer that we need. Hopefully Gil can continue to improve also and give us comparable minutes to Jameer when he is out there.

I dont know whats going to happen... Im not sure if this team will have what it takes to get to the Finals ...Adding to that what if we get eliminated early , Do we try to go after Paul in the summer, We're going to deal with the Big contracts , Gilbert's Health or can he even get back to the level he was at before the injurys,

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping we re-sign Pearl, sign Fran, and Orton gets healthy. I'm guessing we'll make a play for Mayo with Bass this summer and not re-sign JRich. I think Paul via a trade is a possibility, though I worry about his health. Oh and I am very skeptical about this notion of Arenas opting out.

• Upvote 1

I am disappointed this year big time. Not so much with the players, but with management. IMO Smith has done a poor job managing this team. Every trade seems to be worse than the trade before. Look at last year, we were second seed, and homecourt adventage, and it was not enough. What could have happened had Smith been patient like Pat Riley, and waited a couple of seasons, and not signed these over the hill beyond their prime players? we might have been able to pick up a decent star player to help Dwight.

I am disappointed this year big time. Not so much with the players, but with management. IMO Smith has done a poor job managing this team. Every trade seems to be worse than the trade before. Look at last year, we were second seed, and homecourt adventage, and it was not enough. What could have happened had Smith been patient like Pat Riley, and waited a couple of seasons, and not signed these over the hill beyond their prime players? we might have been able to pick up a decent star player to help Dwight.

Or Dwight might've been fed up with management not doing anything and walked out

• Upvote 1

We don't have too much flexibility with the salary cap but I hope we'll try to sign Deron Williams.

If we don't get a star like Deron or CP3 in the next couple years then we will be on a slow decline I think. We might have to rely on getting a gem in the draft to help build the team. Hopefully we don't draft another injured center who probably does not have a future in this league.

If we don't get a star like Deron or CP3 in the next couple years then we will be on a slow decline I think. We might have to rely on getting a gem in the draft to help build the team. Hopefully we don't draft another injured center who probably does not have a future in this league.

the draft would be nice, but all we really need is for Dwight to sign the dotted lines next year and we'll instantly become a top place for FA's. I don't even think its worth it to look for the draft for anything more than depth.

• Upvote 1