Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Fans Game Thread: Magic @ HEAT 03/03/2011

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

Man, I'd give a million bucks for that TV shot of Pat Riley's face after Gilbert hit that big three and the network was headed for a timeout.....what a stunned look he had....lol!!!!...That was friggin' hilarious!!!

Also, loved seeing Chris Bosh slam the ball down after the clock had expired and he missed that look from the arc to tie the score.

Did I mention King James missed his wide-open three at the buzzer too????

HA-HA-HA.....

GO MAGIC!!!....BEAT THE BULLS!!!!!

Awesome game.....

I litterally woke up with a smile on my face this morning!

I was driving to work this morning with the biggest grin, looking at everyone and smiling.

What a great Win.

I dont know if anyone remembers it, but i recall watching a Magic-Cavaliers game (i think at Cleveland) on TV approximately 12 years ago, year 98/99 i am not sure. I recall having an amazing comeback, i thought it was 25 points.

But today i see that the biggest comeback was indeed against Cleveland but in 1989. Does anyone remember that regular season game i am talking about? I think it was after Shaq left, and maybe Penny too was out of here at that point. It was before TMac for sure.

I also looked at ESPN and they state another one of our biggest comebacks in Dec. 2003, against the Suns. The game where we snapped our 19 game losing streak i believe. I totally forgot we came back from that much down to win that game. :bobafett:

I hope some of you had the distinct pleasure of watching the post game interview with the "Big Three" of LbJ, Wade, and Bosh. They looked absolutely defeated. James in particular looked like he was stuck in a Groundhog Day loop of constantly repeating the same things against Orlando.

Some interesting tidbits:

Wade saying that they were trying to get Bosh going in the second half, and that was a mistake. I wonder how that made Bosh feel?

Wade saying that guys on the team don't know what it takes to win [a championship] so it' a learning process. I wonder how that made LeBron AND Bosh feel?

Wade saying that he had not been on a team before that had trouble closing out other teams like this. Again, I wonder how that made LeBron feel?

Man, I'd give a million bucks for that TV shot of Pat Riley's face after Gilbert hit that big three and the network was headed for a timeout.....what a stunned look he had....lol!!!!...That was friggin' hilarious!!!

Also, loved seeing Chris Bosh slam the ball down after the clock had expired and he missed that look from the arc to tie the score.

Did I mention King James missed his wide-open three at the buzzer too????

HA-HA-HA.....

GO MAGIC!!!....BEAT THE BULLS!!!!!

Awesome game.....

It was basically something like this.

patriley.gif?t=1299216406

I hope some of you had the distinct pleasure of watching the post game interview with the "Big Three" of LbJ, Wade, and Bosh. They looked absolutely defeated. James in particular looked like he was stuck in a Groundhog Day loop of constantly repeating the same things against Orlando.

Some interesting tidbits:

Wade saying that they were trying to get Bosh going in the second half, and that was a mistake. I wonder how that made Bosh feel?

Wade saying that guys on the team don't know what it takes to win [a championship] so it' a learning process. I wonder how that made LeBron AND Bosh feel?

Wade saying that he had not been on a team before that had trouble closing out other teams like this. Again, I wonder how that made LeBron feel?

I saw the snip bits on ESPN last night and all of them looked like they lost a loved one.

It makes me feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good when I see "The Big 3" brought down to earth. It's a nice friendly reminder to not have a FU**ING Championship celebration before the Season even begins.

I dont know if anyone remembers it, but i recall watching a Magic-Cavaliers game (i think at Cleveland) on TV approximately 12 years ago, year 98/99 i am not sure. I recall having an amazing comeback, i thought it was 25 points.

But today i see that the biggest comeback was indeed against Cleveland but in 1989. Does anyone remember that regular season game i am talking about? I think it was after Shaq left, and maybe Penny too was out of here at that point. It was before TMac for sure.

I think I remember the game you're talking about. Derek Strong was a big part of the comeback. Unless I'm thinking of another one.

MAJOR PROPS to SVG for keeping the team in the game despite being 24 points down and playing some of the worse defense ever.

Players

1- JRich - Q was huge, but without him scoring a flurry of 3s we dont come back on this one. Otis lookin good

2- Q - Crying for more minutes. His defense on LeBron has to be one of the best in the league. Also the intensity. I posted earlier in the game, lack of intensity was killing us. He, Dwight and Jameer were driving forces behind this one.

3- Tied Arenas/Anderson - Gilbert ball handling and passes are awful. Even worse than i thought. But how ´bout them 3s?. Ryno is consistenly putting up 15, and he fight the boards like anyone not named Howard in this team.

4- Nelson - Not exactly Knicks-like performance, but still driving with confidence and scoring when needed in the 4th.

Notes

- Striking resemblance with G1 against Cavs, even with Mo shot (that one counted) and MM´s.

- Dont say i did not tell you. Gilbert´s contract is not as bad as Rashard´s because his production nowadays is vastly superior (and considering that he is playing mediocre at best, just imagine Lewis in DC)

- You dont have to be taller than your opponent to be a good defender. Just look at Q, Jameer.

- Howard almost non-factor and we beat the heat in the road. Live by the 3

Ehhh far from it. Howard's rebounding and incredible defense is what allowed the Magic to get stops and build that 40-9 run.

• Upvote 2