Sign in to follow this  
Karooro

CP3 will go to Knicks next year?

Awesome thread.

Paul isn't a free agent next summer and I don't think the Knicks have any assets left that they could trade for him. I'm also pretty sure (not positive because I'm not a cap guy) that the Knicks don't have the money to sign him to a contract even if Paul was a free agent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Depending on how things pan out with the CBA, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hornets trade CP3 in the off-season. Hornets fans are not happy with the way he is playing right now. Some are even wishing they kept Darren Collison and traded CP3.

I still hold out hope that he will be wearing a Magic uniform in the near future. I won't let go of the dream until he has signed a multi-year deal with another team.

Depending on how things pan out with the CBA, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hornets trade CP3 in the off-season. Hornets fans are not happy with the way he is playing right now. Some are even wishing they kept Darren Collison and traded CP3.

I still hold out hope that he will be wearing a Magic uniform in the near future. I won't let go of the dream until he has signed a multi-year deal with another team.

im not going to complain if we get paul but with his knee issues I don't see him as the holy grail of our future free agency in 2012.

im not going to complain if we get paul but with his knee issues I don't see him as the holy grail of our future free agency in 2012.

He's going to be Brandon Roy in a few years. He is a rapidly ticking time bomb with regard to his knees. That is why Deron Williams seems like such a better score.

100% This....

We need Deron Williams, not CP3, a high energy 2-guard (Courtney Lee), and a defensive, slashing small forward (Gerald Wallace).

He's going to be Brandon Roy in a few years. He is a rapidly ticking time bomb with regard to his knees. That is why Deron Williams seems like such a better score.

some might see long term potential of Russell Westbrook over Paul as well.

Assuming we get cap space for 2012 I'm starting to wonder if maybe a combination of Eric Gordon/OJ Mayo and a solid SF like Danilo Gallinari/Nicolas Batum/drafting Michael Gilchrist or Quincy Miller would be a better move than pursuing Paul (of course getting a guy like Williams would still be an ideal #1 move).

I also wonder how the 2012 draft will effect free agency. It's going to be an outstanding draft filled with all stars.

some might see long term potential of Russell Westbrook over Paul as well.

Assuming we get cap space for 2012 I'm starting to wonder if maybe a combination of Eric Gordon/OJ Mayo and a solid SF like Danilo Gallinari/Nicolas Batum/drafting Michael Gilchrist or Quincy Miller would be a better move than pursuing Paul (of course getting a guy like Williams would still be an ideal #1 move).

I also wonder how the 2012 draft will effect free agency. It's going to be an outstanding draft filled with all stars.

It depends on what Dwight wants. The Magic may like your idea better, but if Dwight wants CP3, he'll get CP3. You have to do what he wants to convince him to stay.

That's assuming we are even lucky enough to be in this position in 2012.

I'm looking at Deron Williams more than Christ Paul. Those knee problems..just make Paul..unattractive for me. Those knee injuries can end your career in a hurry.