Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

Start Arenas, and you will see a difference ...

No he doesn't, more often than not he takes a horrible shot or turns it over. His ability to run the offense is mediocre, he ends up handing the ball off to Hedo a lot when he's on the floor. He's one of the least effective players in the game. Putting him in the starting five won't change anything. He's physically done. You saw what knee injuries did to T-Mac, Gilbert is in the same boat. He's ruined.

Yeah he does. Most of the time Meer is running around looking for play while Arenas makes the simple yet effective one. He also runs the break and sees the floor a hell a lot better than Jameer.

They are bad shots because they aren't falling. You forget that he was once a near 30ppg scorer. Players like that take shots, a lot, to get into that groove.

As far as the knee I believe his conditioning has been bad as well as his leg strength. This is not the same as Tmac.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not mention that his fitness isn't even the biggest issue, it's his decision making. Unless his knees are somehow wired to his brain I don't see how it will help.

His decision making is not perfect. But though the implementation is not always right, I like the things he is trying to infuse -- that is, simply getting more players involved. The flashes of great is still there. Could he get it done consistently if he starts? I'm willing to give it a try. We are paying him way too much money to not even consider it.

Yeah he does. Most of the time Meer is running around looking for play while Arenas makes the simple yet effective one. He also runs the break and sees the floor a hell a lot better than Jameer.

They are bad shots because they aren't falling. You forget that he was once a near 30ppg scorer. Players like that take shots, a lot, to get into that groove.

As far as the knee I believe his conditioning has been bad as well as his leg strength. This is not the same as Tmac.

If by simple play you mean throw the ball in spots where they can be picked off all the time, than sure.

I'll give you he runs the break better than Jameer, but it's not like he is amazing at it and it makes a huge difference on most nights. He hurts us with his horrible shots than he helps us with his "passing."

Arenas used to be a 30 ppg scorer because he was explosive, got to the rim, and to the FT line. He's always been a subpar shooter.

Grant Hill only came off the bench for a handful of games in Phoenix and was actually productive before then. Horrible comparison.

You probably forgot or simply don't know...When Suns signed Barnes they named him a starter. Here is a link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Grant-Hill-loses-starting-job-to-Barnes-in-Phoen?urn=nba-117336

But Hill struggled off the bench, explaining later that he is better in a starting five cause it is easier for him to start playing straight after the warmups...

Gilbert's problem is not due to coming off the bench. His problem is his inability, or refusal, to play within the system. He is not comfortable running an offensive game plan. He wants to free lance and ignore the structure.

That is NOT going to help win a championship. That's going to be a little fun to watch at times, maybe even win us a few more games, but when the playoffs start, and the tempo slows down, you're going to start asking what happened to regular season Gil and the team you watched get into the playoffs.

Being a championship contender takes a commitment to the team. A desire to carry out the game plan. A desire to put your individual desires aside for the better of the team.

Gilbert either doesn't want to do this, or he simply can't. To make matters worse, his physical ability post injury is still well below where it needs to be, so he can't overcome these issues with his athletic ability.

In short, Gilbert needs to reinvent himself, commit to rehab, and grow up.

You probably forgot or simply don't know...When Suns signed Barnes they named him a starter. Here is a link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Grant-Hill-loses-starting-job-to-Barnes-in-Phoen?urn=nba-117336

But Hill struggled off the bench, explaining later that he is better in a starting five cause it is easier for him to start playing straight after the warmups...

Hill's bench tenure was very short lived and he proved he could get it done for the Suns before them. Being in the starting five won't fix Gilbert's problems. He's played worse than Jameer since getting here, so he shouldn't start. He's been one of the most inefficient players in the league here as well. He's just awful, I want less Gilbert, not more.

He has never been a efficient scorer. Don't mistake ppg for efficiency. We don't need someone jacking up more than his share of the shots for the sake of scoring. The only guys on this team scoring less efficiently are Q-Rich and Malik Allen.

So, yeah, let's get him ready to start at the PG position so he can jack up a few more ill advised shots and really show us what he's got.

If by simple play you mean throw the ball in spots where they can be picked off all the time, than sure.

I'll give you he runs the break better than Jameer, but it's not like he is amazing at it and it makes a huge difference on most nights. He hurts us with his horrible shots than he helps us with his "passing."

Arenas used to be a 30 ppg scorer because he was explosive, got to the rim, and to the FT line. He's always been a subpar shooter.

2 turnovers...That's being picked off all the time to you? 2 to's tonight.

Again his shots are bad because he's not making any of em. If he was no one would be talking about his shots because everyone knows Gilbert is scorer.

Hill's bench tenure was very short lived and he proved he could get it done for the Suns before them. Being in the starting five won't fix Gilbert's problems. He's played worse than Jameer since getting here, so he shouldn't start. He's been one of the most inefficient players in the league here as well. He's just awful, I want less Gilbert, not more.

I am not saying we have to start Arenas, just brought up an example...Hill was not good off the bench because of the injuries he had. He complained that he is feeling much better to start the games straight after the warmups. So he was moved back to the starting five.

That trade for Arenas was absolutely terrible, but he is with us now, so SVG has to find ways to take the best out of him, obviously it is not working now, Arenas is struggling playing off the bench...

The Magic's new starting lineup should be:

Arenas

Duhon

QRich

Earl Clark

Bass

and you will see a difference. . . I PROMISE you

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

He has never been a efficient scorer. Don't mistake ppg for efficiency. We don't need someone jacking up more than his share of the shots for the sake of scoring. The only guys on this team scoring less efficiently are Q-Rich and Malik Allen.

So, yeah, let's get him ready to start at the PG position so he can jack up a few more ill advised shots and really show us what he's got.

Did I say anything about efficiently?

At this point I'd gladly take some ill advised shots (really just mid range shots that aren't falling so some are calling it this) to get Gilbert going. Anything to give him some confidence and to give Dwight some damn help.