Sign in to follow this  
ma

howard looking for a house over all star weekend

I'm a native Floridian. Love the weather, activities and people. Now I live just outside of NYC, and this is simply a different world, guys. So much more to do; so much more culture. I miss FL but enjoy NYC. My point is I completely understand why Howard might want to relocate, especially him being a young guy. As a Magic fan, that is why I believe the threat of him leaving to a much bigger city is very appealing and real.

I was born in NY, moved to Central Fl when I was very young but I go back to visit family once a year. It's a nice place to visit but there is no way I would want to live there. I also lived in LA for a year and couldn't wait to move back to the Orlando area. Again a nice place to visit but full of phony people. There is a ton of stuff to do in this area, I would agree there is a lack of culture here but entertainment wise I put it on par with LA. I was 24 when I was in LA, a young guy, not everyone likes those places more than Orlando. I don't claim to know Dwight personally but what I am saying is not every young person needs to be in one of those places.

If Dwight wants to hang out with the rich and famous he can do that whenever he wants, he doesn't have to be in LA or NYC to do it.

• Upvote 1

I hear you, Marc. Just providing my perspective. Looking at Amare love it coming from little Lake Wales is quite interesting.

Dude, you are losing it.....You know exactly why Amare is not in Lake Wales....not that he didn't want the Magic to draft him....his nearest kin didn't want him around home because the element....and you know it.

It doesn't have anything to do with the culture and lifestyle.

And if you get on the message board again and start running down Cenral Florida and your hometown I'll make sure half of the population of Lake Wales sees everything you type....especially your buddies!

Lifestyle in New York is great....what a joke!....I was up there a couple of summers ago.....even the people that live there complain about what a ratrace it is.

Please don't complain to me about snow and shoveling it the next time we chat.

Acres took it easy on you, Soul.....

• Upvote 1

Dude, you are losing it.....You know exactly why Amare is not in Lake Wales....not that he didn't want the Magic to draft him....his nearest kin didn't want him around home because the element....and you know it.

And if you get on the message board again and start running down Cenral Florida and your hometown I'll make sure half of the population of Lake Wales sees everything you type....especially your buddies!

Lifestyle in New York is great....what a joke!....I was up there a couple of summers ago.....even the people that live there complain about what a ratrace it is.

:blink:

A friend of mine lived between NY and NJ most of his life (back and forth, not in the river between), moved down to Orlando and lived here for around 3 years. . . he moved back up and tells me every week how much he wants to come back down and how much he hates NY (in comparison).

Amar'e himself said he was hesitant about playing in Orlando (and this was recently) because of his older group. . .

Soul Bro is just hatin'