Sign in to follow this  
ee

Do you want GHill to come back next year?

I can not fault Grant for the issues of the past 7 years. The years have not been good for us, so it is time to cut bait, and you can put Garrity in the same package with him, and I wish them a nice life.....thanks for everything....seriously, they both tried, but they where unable to deliver.

I would just like to say that article is not really saying much new. He said at the end of the year that if he will feel ok, he will play a year or 2 more, so in theory yeah, every team is an option, like Detroit, but there is not much chance he is leaving.

Of course if we get Lewis, then chances of Grant staying go down a lot, because it doesnt make much sense to have both Ariza and Hill on the bench.

Of course if we dont get a SG, we might keep Grant, but I dont think he wants to start, since he doesn't want to get injured again, and that would really be pushing it. And JJ probably wont be ready, so that really puts us in a tough spot.

Maybe if Trevor can transform to SG fast enough it might work with JJ and Hill coming of the bench for SF and SG positions behind Trevor and Lewis.

We'll see, there are countless possibilities out there and I can't wait to see what comes out of it.

I think it would be best to let him go!

It may be attractive to sign him for the Vet minimum, but he gets in the way of Ariza and JJ - and we just need to end it.

He has never really fit with this team for the last two years - our best run is when Brian got out of the way (the end of 05 - 06) and Grant was out.

If the Magic want him then he should sign for the Vet minimum - I would lose most respect for him if he goes to another team - he so owes Orlando, but I don't think I would really care - I would rather see Ariza play.

Grant is a nice guy - the Magic haven't been able to figure out how to get him to fit - I don't know if they will be able to - if they could he would probably be a good backup, but he needs to be a backup playing backup minutes.

I am ok either way, but I don't want him getting starter minutes or starting.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

I am ok either way, but I don't want him getting starter minutes or starting.

I don't think Grant wants that either.

I hope we get a SG free agent so we can start Ariza, and have Hill come of the bench not eating anyones minutes.

My steps would be for next season's roster:

For the bigs...

Start Darko and Dwight together. Duh. Bring Battie © and big man player X (PF) off the bench: (Augustine? Gortat? Bo? A second round draft pick? Fran!? Whomever..)

Trade Hedo. Start Ariza at SF. Bring Grant off the bench at Small Forward. Sign a FA Shooting Guard to start. Bring JJ off the bench at SG.

Then let Jameer, Carlos, Dooling and possibly even Diener to fight to prove their pecking order at the Point Guard position. Whoever does the best job in training camp and preseason wins the job, bottom line. And going through the season, the job is still up for grabs, at least until the all-star break.

As far as Keith Bogans and Pat Garrity... sorry, but someone's gotta ride that pine.

Gotta get deeper in the frontcourt though. Starting wingman, probably in free agency. Backup big man, proably in the draft, or a FA for the mid level exception after the Magic hit the Cap again.

WE are trying to build a championship team, Grant is not apart of this I dont hink, he is not what we are looking for.... Nad I think he knows this../.

Without a doubt yes! I think Grant would be a Great asset to the team, but as a SF. I think he did an incredible job as a SG playing out of position. Grant is still our best all around player and open court threat.

If Grant bolts, I don't blame him and I don't think he owes Orlando anything. Grant gave us all he had, hence multiple surguries and near life threatning infection. Sometimes things happen and injuries happen. He didn't force Orlando to give him 90 million dollars. When Grant did play he gave 100% and still shot over 50% from the field. That's outstanding considering the amount of jump shots he shoots. I think he should split time with Ariza. If Ariza proves that he can make outside shots on a consistant basis, then Trevor should start. If not, Grant should still get the bulk of the minutes, but still get the occasional day off for rest. By the way, Hedo must go in order for Ariza to flourish and get minutes.

All of this is only if Grant signs for the Vet. minimum.

Well I believe his words, he will be a magic if he plays unless magic don't want him. Plus it's not about who's the starter but who plays better. If next year's Ariza is the same, Hill will play heavy minutes even coming off bench. (assuming no new SF)

Isn't it true that we won't have the money for Lewis if Darko stays? Why is everyone expecting Lewis to come? It seems like SVG loves to have Darko next year from what he said yesterday. In that case we can only get an average FA.

quote:
Originally posted by ee:

Well I believe his words, he will be a magic if he plays unless magic don't want him. Plus it's not about who's the starter but who plays better. If next year's Ariza is the same, Hill will play heavy minutes even coming off bench. (assuming no new SF)

Isn't it true that we won't have the money for Lewis if Darko stays? Why is everyone expecting Lewis to come? It seems like SVG loves to have Darko next year from what he said yesterday. In that case we can only get an average FA.

We can still free up money if we trade Hedo and/or Carlos. They have the best tradeable contracts plus talent.

And THIS is why I say that we should go after Gerald Wallace instead of Lewis, because he should be much less expensive.

Doesn't seem like many people agree with me, though.

Didn't grant hill have an opt-out clause in his contract when he signed it in 2000? If he wanted to leave, he should have left last year when he had the chance. Grant Hill has been a huge liability for the magic, and we got NOTHING for him. He might be a nice guy, but look at it from a business/GM point of view: we lost millions signing him. Those millions could have been spent helping mcgrady while he was here, or signing ben wallace or chauncey billups (remember when we traded them?). I think it's best that we get rid of Grant Hill, because it's very clear that this team is moving in a different direction.

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

Didn't grant hill have an opt-out clause in his contract when he signed it in 2000? If he wanted to leave, he should have left last year when he had the chance. Grant Hill has been a huge liability for the magic, and we got NOTHING for him. He might be a nice guy, but look at it from a business/GM point of view: we lost millions signing him. Those millions could have been spent helping mcgrady while he was here, or signing ben wallace or chauncey billups (remember when we traded them?). I think it's best that we get rid of Grant Hill, because it's very clear that this team is moving in a different direction.

You cant just cancel the contract, once it's signed the money is gone, so talking what would have been IF is pointless.

And I fail to see how Grant is moving in a different direction then the team, he wants to play a smaller role, and the Magic want to develop Trevor as starter and have a veteran backup and teacher for him in Grant, looks like a win win situation to me if he will be fine with a smaller contract - which I think he will.

That's of course just my optimistic thinking, but you never know until free agency starts and we get to hear from players and their agents and GMs.