Sign in to follow this  
molecman2003

Good Article that points to David Stern's corrupt meddling

Stern is a disgrace. He is my least favorite and shadiest Commissioner in sports. The article is about the Knicks, Melo, Dolan, Walsh and Thomas. Towards the middle it really starts pointing the finger at how Stern bends the rules for certain agents, teams and players. This is why I believe Stern may or may not have a small hand in NBA officiating as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-thomasknicks022011

"The fight for power could come between Thomas and William Wesley – Worldwide Wes. He’s an agent for CAA, the powerbroker agency connected as a rep of star players, executives and coaches. He pushed for Mark Warkentien’s hiring as a high-level consultant to Walsh, has strong ties to Knicks assistant GM Allan Houston(notes) and he’s one of the main reps for Anthony and 2012 free agent Chris Paul(notes). It’s against NBA rules to rep players and coaches, but commissioner David Stern picks and chooses the rules he enforces. He lets Worldwide Wes travel with his Olympic teams, gain access to stars, steal them away and broker them to the commissioner’s market franchises.

Stern ought to be ashamed of himself for letting this happen to Walsh. He pushed Dolan and Walsh together three years ago to clean up Thomas’ toxic mess, to restore a measure of honor and dignity to the Garden. Walsh did the job, and now Dolan is one more owner with so little respect for the commissioner and his franchise’s fans that he’s allowed Thomas to emerge as a Knicks powerbroker again."

This is why I believe Stern may or may not have a small hand in NBA officiating as well.

You should call the police then.

After all, you're accusing a man of a felony.

Of course, if you DID call the police, you'd have to make those charges in a way that wasn't anonymous, so then when you proved to have no evidence, you'd be sued for slander, but hey.

What I'm trying to say is that it is unbelievably pathetic to have to suffer people like you, casually throwing out accusations without a shred of proof.

Also: David Stern is the best commissioner of any pro sports league in America. That you don't like the officiating doesn't change what he has done for an NBA whose NBA Finals were being pre-empted and were typically shown around 1 in the morning when he took over.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 19

Of course, if you DID call the police, you'd have to make those charges in a way that wasn't anonymous, so then when you proved to have no evidence, you'd be sued for slander, but hey.

What I'm trying to say is that it is unbelievably pathetic to have to suffer people like you, casually throwing out accusations without a shred of proof.

Also: David Stern is the best commissioner of any pro sports league in America. That you don't like the officiating doesn't change what he has done for an NBA whose NBA Finals were being pre-empted and were typically shown around 1 in the morning when he took over.

Not quite sure how this got you -2.

• Downvote 1

Look Mr. Wonder, I'm not going to respond to your aggressive posture about Stern. I do not remotely agree that Stern is the best commission. He rarely punishes any team for stepping out of bounds. In fact, I can't recall the last time he did. I will say that it is no secret that the NBA chooses to look the other way in regards to scenarios of tampering; LA tampering with Shaq, Miami (Wade) tampering with Lebron and now New York (most likely through Isaiah). Where does it stop? The NBA appears to be the league that has the least structure and weakest policies on tampering. Stern shows time and time again that it is all about the big markets and big dollars.

This thread is not about the officiating and I said it "may or may not" have a hand in the officiating. Now if you work for the NBA or sell sodas at the game, that is probably what makes you so defensive about my comments. Everyone has their naysayers and the more authority that we have over others, the more detractors we gain. The best way to handle detractors is to understand why they say the things they do about your authority and try to respond appropriately the next time the same situation presents itself. I am not the first one to say this about the NBA, and I won't be the last.

So I am sorry for the rest of the world who believes they have to "suffer" with people like me. But, at the end of the day I have an opinion and even though some may disagree with it, I state it in a mature fashion.

Look Mr. Wonder, I'm not going to respond to your aggressive posture about Stern. I do not remotely agree that Stern is the best commission. He rarely punishes any team for stepping out of bounds. In fact, I can't recall the last time he did. I will say that it is no secret that the NBA chooses to look the other way in regards to scenarios of tampering; LA tampering with Shaq, Miami (Wade) tampering with Lebron and now New York (most likely through Isaiah). Where does it stop? The NBA appears to be the league that has the least structure and weakest policies on tampering. Stern shows time and time again that it is all about the big markets and big dollars.

This thread is not about the officiating and I said it "may or may not" have a hand in the officiating. Now if you work for the NBA or sell sodas at the game, that is probably what makes you so defensive about my comments. Everyone has their naysayers and the more authority that we have over others, the more detractors we gain. The best way to handle detractors is to understand why they say the things they do about your authority and try to respond appropriately the next time the same situation presents itself. I am not the first one to say this about the NBA, and I won't be the last.

So I am sorry for the rest of the world who believes they have to "suffer" with people like me. But, at the end of the day I have an opinion and even though some may disagree with it, I state it in a mature fashion.

What is the job of the Commissioner?

What is the job of the Commissioner?

Chief executive of the NBA. Typically commissioners act as a judicial authority helping in disputes through being an arbitrator or disciplining teams, players or agents that don't follow the rules of their league.

Let's see how the labor negotiations of the NFL & NBA go first before we go claiming anyone the best commissioner of anything. I know one thing, when it comes to North American pro sports, Hockey comes in dead last (how it's run I mean, not the sport itself).

Look Mr. Wonder, I'm not going to respond to your aggressive posture about Stern.

Except that you did.

I do not remotely agree that Stern is the best commission. He rarely punishes any team for stepping out of bounds. In fact, I can't recall the last time he did. I will say that it is no secret that the NBA chooses to look the other way in regards to scenarios of tampering; LA tampering with Shaq, Miami (Wade) tampering with Lebron and now New York (most likely through Isaiah). Where does it stop?

There exists a magical thing called "Google". You should try it. http://www.nba.com/2...ls=iref:nbahpt2

That was last season. So yes, people are punished for tampering. In the two cases you listed, there was no punishment given because no hard evidence of wrong doing has been presented. What was "no secret" is irrelevant if no evidence exists. That's how we do things amongst, you know, adults.

The NBA appears to be the league that has the least structure and weakest policies on tampering.

Based on what? Your hunches? You show hard evidence of tampering, and it would be addressed. But since you have nothing but idle conspiracy theories, it wont be.

Stern shows time and time again that it is all about the big markets and big dollars.

Yeah, I'm sure he was really big on those Spurs/Pistons Finals.

As for the big dollars thing, well clearly; he's managing a business. The goal of any business is to make money. But for the president of a league to be looking to maximize the business's profits doesn't mean the league is rigged.

Again: rigging professional sporting events is a felony. Every time you say he's rigging games or implying it, you are calling him a felon. At the very least, grow a pair and actually make the accusation, and quit with the whiny conspiracy theory nonsense. It's pathetic.

This thread is not about the officiating and I said it "may or may not" have a hand in the officiating. Now if you work for the NBA or sell sodas at the game, that is probably what makes you so defensive about my comments.

You're adorable.

No, I don't work for the NBA. I'm just someone who recognizes that accusing someone of a felony demands evidence. They call people like me "adults".

Everyone has their naysayers and the more authority that we have over others, the more detractors we gain. The best way to handle detractors is to understand why they say the things they do about your authority and try to respond appropriately the next time the same situation presents itself. I am not the first one to say this about the NBA, and I won't be the last.

And like the others, you'll go away. Because you have no evidence. Like the others.

Spouting conspiracy theories isn't mature; it's about as juvenile an activity as can exist.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6