Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

I am mildly confused at what Otis has done that is right.

Well everyone credits drafting Howard and Nelson to Weisbrod when in fact, it was him and his Dave Twardzik (spelling?) that convinced Weisbrod to do it. I remember the interview where Weisbrod admitted it himself because many people we're like "WTF? Yall should've taken Okafor!"

Even though Rashard Lewis's contract was hell, it did propel us to the Finals.

However, since then, hes made moves that show no real plan. Hes winging it. Its players who he knows from the GS days or players hes alread had in Hedo. In the end, those deals that looked so good at the time, might just cost us in the long run.

Time to resurrect the ol' CP3 Thread!!!!

So, because Deron Williams was traded and he's a super duper point guard, that means Chris Paul will be traded? Then, at the end of his sentence, he says that isn't likely, which it isn't. What a waste.

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Lord Xenu would like a hard-boiled egg.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

Why do I hear Dan Akroyd's "Conehead" voice whenever you post??

3648479_std.jpg

Back when VC, Lewis and Tat were here everyone wanted to trade them. Sometimes it goes wrong, but hey. We asked for it

Yeah but at that time, we we're talking about Chris Paul. I don't think anyone was saying "Come on Otis, trade our young backup big for Richardson and Hedo". In fact, most people were like "Man. Hedo is really sucking it up out there" ever since we let him go.

I think many were open to it because we needed something but I expect a little more knowledge and planning from a GM whos played NBA basketball to have some sort of plan. Those trades...Whats the plan?

Btw, yeah I'm partial to PG's. I think a guy like Rondo...You see what it does for a team. A guy who defends, makes everyone better. Sure, wing players can do that too but I just like having that in a pg.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't care if Otis makes another panic trade and gets a big contract. He has to do EVERYHTING to get someone this year. This is really depressing. I'm finally coming to the realization that this is our last year as being good unless we get CP3.

I mean, I know that Williams doesn't make the Nets a contender, but I'd be real f*cking interested if I were Dwight, especially if the Nets make the playoffs.

Yeah but at that time, we we're talking about Chris Paul. I don't think anyone was saying "Come on Otis, trade our young backup big for Richardson and Hedo". In fact, most people were like "Huh. Hedo is really sucking it up out there".

I think many were open to it because we needed something but I expect a little more knowledge and planning from a GM whos played NBA basketball to have some sort of plan. Those trades...Whats the plan?

That's the thing with Otis.......I don't think he actually plans. I think he goes with the moment.

Calling Vince "fool's gold", then turning around and trading for him. His claim that he would use "creative financing" to keep Darko, then not calling him back. Among other things.

I don't care if Otis makes another panic trade and gets a big contract. He has to do EVERYHTING to get someone this year. This is really depressing. I'm finally coming to the realization that this is our last year as being good unless we get CP3.

Agreed.

That's the thing with Otis.......I don't think he actually plans. I think he goes with the moment.

Calling Vince "fool's gold", then turning around and trading for him. His claim that he would use "creative financing" to keep Darko, then not calling him back. Among other things.

Sometimes you have to be in the moment. Especially dealing with players and contract negotiations. These last trades though we're nothing but knee jerks.