Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

Man, I hope so. I'm so sick of hearing about Melo.

Yeah but you know once the Melo drama is over they'll just pounce on the Howard-drama full force wincentsad.png

• Downvote 1

Melo isn't scary in New Jersey at all. At least not now and considering the pieces they're giving up,. How they're able to rebuild in the future is another issue.

I personally don't think Melo agrees. Unless he's really concerned over the CBA. He can pretty much force Denver's hand if he wants to go to New York otherwise.

There's no way for Anthony to deny where he wants to play now. Either accept the extension or just tell everyone that you only want to play for the Knicks.

Fans & media frequently speculate Memphis wants/needs improved 3-pt shooting simply because they take and make the fewest. Anytime Hollins is asked what team needs, answer never includes 3-pt shooting. To me, it's no different than the constant barrage of Griz speculation based on cutting salary. They re-signed Rudy & I'll be very surprised if they trade Z-Bo. Point is unless they do trade Z-Bo, need for PF depth is non-existant.

I'm not sure how much OJ's future was directly tied to playoff run, but his presence is currently much more important to that goal than before, & I doubt they give up before the trade deadline however. They are currently tied for 8th spot, 1.5 games out of 5th spot, & 2.5 games from 10th. If Melo is traded, their chances improve dramatically, Utah & NO's appear to be sinking like rocks, Griz play an imbalance of home games the rest of the way, and have by far the weakest April schedule of any team in the West if the can survive March minus Rudy. I bet they would trade Thabeet & Mayo for J-Rich, but I doubt that interests Otiz. Point is, I'm sure Griz remain open to trading Mayo, but I doubt they make a cursory deal for him now.

I would do that deal. I like J-Rich but thats killing two birds with one stone. We get our young sidekick for Dwight and the backup centre we need. Thabeet doesn't need to be a superstar here, he just needs to be able to play a solid 10-15 minutes.

Since J-Rich makes $14 million and Mayo/Thabeet combine to make just over $10 million, can cash be added to match the salaries or does adding cash to deals not work in that way?