Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

I still cant stop laughing at what boston traded daniels for

it does make sense actually. Daniels is done for the year with a bruised spinal cord and the C's are clearing roster space

BOS players are fired up about losing Perkins. Ballsy move by ainge, but it makes sense. I do think it hurts them short term, but Ainge has been an incredible GM the past 4-5 years, and grabbing Green was a nice move for the Heat matchup.

It is pretty much assumed that Boston and Miami are in the ECF, so they don't feel Perkins is needed.

I think Ainge did it because he must think Perk will not recover well from the knee injury.

They get a good young piece, and they essentially had Perkins for Dwight, so they are betting that the Heat are going to match up with them. But if the Magic or even the Bulls get to ECF, they are going to have their hands full with their big men.

But i am surprised to see a Boston move, they have been playing too well this season and are #1 seed.

Regarding Orlando, i think staying pat might not have been the best to do, but Otis is giving the current team a chance in the postseason. Heck if Vince had it last year, why not give an opportunity to JRich. Basically he is a younger VC. I dont believe it is all over, but i do believe we are clearly the 4th best team in the East as of NOW.

Anything could change come May.

• Upvote 1

I think Ainge did it because he must think Perk will not recover well from the knee injury.

They get a good young piece, and they essentially had Perkins for Dwight, so they are betting that the Heat are going to match up with them. But if the Magic or even the Bulls get to ECF, they are going to have their hands full with their big men.

Think about that for a little while. Think about the playoffs. Assume that the top four teams advance.

Boston can not make it to the finals without being matched up against either Orlando or Chicago at some point, and possibly both.

I truly think the flaw in SVG's armor is he never gives his scoreres a chance to take over. Example..playoffs against DET. Rashard was killing them since all their focus was on Dwght. Here was a guy with a Max Salary who was only being used for 3 pointers and only got a few post up plays a game. By the time the adjustment was made, the series was over.

I really think J rich can do much more than what we are setting him up for. It is all well and good to play off of Dwight, but I think we need to let J Rich take over some games..set him up for more scores inside the perimeter. Let's use the guy and see what he can do. He is our best scorer besides Dwight. He can give you over 20ppg.

I just hate seeing guys who can score settling for 3s. It drives me insane. J rich rebounds very well also. Let's reward him for that by giving him backdoor passes...more screens..anything. SVG has 2 months establish another scorer besides Dwight, or else the team is going to be extremely 1 dimensional.

Imagine if we just got Richardson via trade yesterday. I think a lot of people would be very excited. He is a very good shooting guard, it is just that the new car smell has worn off, and he has been settlling for 3s to fit into the offense. I do not fault the player for this..I believe the system is also at fault.

blah blah

I agree. I wish we played a bit more like the Celtics, with off ball screens and JJ/Jrich practising what Ray Allen does. Running around team mates getting away from their defender and making the pass if the defense rotates and starts collapsing.

But it doesn't look like SVG is going to change anything, even though he really should. It would really stop us from being close to one dimensional.

"The team we have, I like," Magic General Manager Otis Smith said early Thursday evening. "Our problem at this point has nothing to do with not having a backup center. That's not our issue right now."

Asked what the team's problem is, Smith responded, "We haven't made shots. I wish I could tell you it was something we had to do differently. We just have to make shots."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-news-0225-20110224,0,5664658.story

lol

I agree. I wish we played a bit more like the Celtics, with off ball screens and JJ/Jrich practising what Ray Allen does. Running around team mates getting away from their defender and making the pass if the defense rotates and starts collapsing.

But it doesn't look like SVG is going to change anything, even though he really should. It would really stop us from being close to one dimensional.

Yep. And then you hear Oti$$$$$$$$$$$ saying "we just have to make shots" , well that is all well and good but when all you do is launch 3s, even off the fast break. that's a problem. J Rich will make shots if he gets different looks besides 3 pointers.