Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez66

JJ and J-Rich snubbed from the three point shootout

The participants for All-Star Saturday's 3-point contest are headlined by Ray Allen and Kevin Durant.

Defending champ Paul Pierce, along with Daniel Gibson, James Jones and Dorell Wright, will round out the field, while it looks like Arron Afflalo, Jason Richardson, Kevin Martin, Kyle Korver and Anthony Morrow were among the guys who got snubbed.

James Jones??? Really? What a bunch of crap.

James Jones??? Really? What a bunch of crap.

Well, the guy is shooting 42.7% from 3 and actually has not attempted a single field goal beyond the 16ft mark. Prototypical jumpshooter

All of those guys except Pierce and Durant have better percentages. Pierce is the defending champ, so he's automatically in, leaving only Kevin Durant as the lone poor three point shooter. However, you can hardly fault the league for trying to breath some life into the event with the inclusion of a superstar. More people would prefer watching Durant over JJ Redick.

• Upvote 2

All of those guys except Pierce and Durant have better percentages. Pierce is the defending champ, so he's automatically in, leaving only Kevin Durant as the lone poor three point shooter. However, you can hardly fault the league for trying to breath some life into the event with the inclusion of a superstar. More people would prefer watching Durant over JJ Redick.

true, but it's still a big FU to our players that daniel boobie-freaking-gibson got picked. He hasn't done jack **** for his team. Unlike JJ whose 3 point shooting actually makes a difference.

My problem with this is Daniel Gibson. I mean, really?? He's barely played the last month! Ryno, J-Rich, and Redick are all more deserving than this guy.

James Jones... meh, at best. He had a red hot start to the season, but cooled off lately.

My problem with this is Daniel Gibson. I mean, really?? He's barely played the last month! Ryno, J-Rich, and Redick are all more deserving than this guy.

James Jones... meh, at best. He had a red hot start to the season, but cooled off lately.

especially considering J-Rich is second in makes, first in attempts, and is almost 40% for the year.

James Jones and Daniel Gibson? The Cavs have as many players at ASW as we do. I honestly think more people know who J-Rich or JJ are than know who James F*CKING Jones is.

Also, I'm surprised Big Baby isn't in the dunk contest.

James Jones' inclusion is all about the jersey.

This way, the ESPN cameras can show that red hot HEAT jersey a bunch of times, knowing that everyone will make the immediate association to Wade and James.

And even BETTER, they know that Wade and James will be sitting in street clothes nearby, cheering Jones on, which gives them plenty of excuses (like they needed them) to get Wade and James on camera.

• Upvote 1