Sign in to follow this  
The Ryan Anderbads

Has SVG failed the Magic? OR Management? OR players?

whats the big success? :) to reach NBA Finals once, when KG was injured (plus Leon Powe) and it took us 7 games to beat Celtics who played the longest playoff series vs Bulls in the first round? another playoff run was finished by Pistons (4-1) and they were playing without Billiups for most of the series and last year when we were smashed by Boston :)

SVG is a terrible coach and he is very stubborn as well, never learns from his mistakes. Players dont like him, no future with him...

If the best season in franchise history isn't big success I don't know what is.

Who cares about Boston without KG? We still beat the team with the best record in the league to get to the Finals, we wouldn't have done it with Shard at the three either. Him playing at the four caused the Cavs so many mismatches and he tore them apart. If SVG puts him at SF right away, we never would've been the team we ended up being. We had no PF at all, and SVG ended up making Hedo a borderline All Star after being nothing but a role player his whole career.

I don't see your point about losing to Detroit in the playoffs years ago, it was his first year here and we made HUGE strides from the year before. Where we supposed to win a championship???

If the best season in franchise history isn't big success I don't know what is

that could be even a better season if not SVGs stupidity, he simply lost game 4 by playing Jameer Nelson at the end of the 4th quarter, especially that last defensive posession when Fisher tied the game with a three pointer over Nelson.

I don't like SVG. I don't like when a team with the best big men in the league shooting 28-30 three pointers a game. We lost to Sacramento who were playing back to back and without Evans...We shot 28 three pointers made 8. Howard had 31 points and made 11 free throws out of 12, what is SVGs excuse this time? Usually he is saying that Dwight was not shooting the free throws well and that is why he was not getting the ball...

that could be even a better season if not SVGs stupidity, he simply lost game 4 by playing Jameer Nelson at the end of the 4th quarter, especially that last defensive posession when Fisher tied the game with a three pointer over Nelson.

I don't like SVG. I don't like when a team with the best big men in the league shooting 28-30 three pointers a game. We lost to Sacramento who were playing back to back and without Evans...We shot 28 three pointers made 8. Howard had 31 points and made 11 free throws out of 12, what is SVGs excuse this time? Usually he is saying that Dwight was not shooting the free throws well and that is why he was not getting the ball...

It's totally possible that Fisher makes the same shot over Alston. Guy has a history of making huge shots in playoff games. That decision is a total hindsight move.

When you have the best big man in the league and no star player surrounding him, you have to find ways to score. Spreading the floor with three point shooting makes things easier for Dwight, the team hasn't made threes at the rate they used to.That's not on Stan. If we had a creative scorer who could get to the line, we would take less threes.

How many times does Dwight need the ball every game? Every single time down the floor???? We'll never win like that. We need other players to get involved. That's on Otis, he's acquired a roster full of overpaid jump shooters around Dwight. You can't expect SVG to make miracles happen. He can't magically turn Jason Richardson into a guy who can slash to the basket and get to the line. He can't magically heal Gilbert's knee.

When you have the best big man in the league and no star player surrounding him, you have to find ways to score. Spreading the floor with three point shooting makes things easier for Dwight, the team hasn't made threes at the rate they used to.That's not on Stan. If we had a creative scorer who could get to the line, we would take less threes.

It looks like I am explaining something to the person without any basketball knowledge :)

Dwigh Howard is averaging less than 14 FGA. He MUST average 22-24 at least. There is simply no other way. And that theory that we do not have another scorer and that is a reason why Dwight is not getting the ball is nonsense. That is exactly SVGs job to find ways to explain his players that the primary objective of the offense is to pass the ball to Dwight in the post. You do not have to be a super slasher to make an enty pass to Howard. :) SVG is doing opposite thing for years, he is screaming and jumping like crazy when somebody is passing up a three point shot opportunity. That is why we are shooting so many 3s and that is why Dwight is averaging less than 14 FGA...

It looks like I am explaining something to the person without any basketball knowledge

Dwigh Howard is averaging less than 14 FGA. He MUST average 22-24 at least. There is simply no other way. And that theory that we do not have another scorer and that is a reason why Dwight is not getting the ball is nonsense. That is exactly SVGs job to find ways to explain his players that the primary objective of the offense is to pass the ball to Dwight in the post. You do not have to be a super slasher to make an enty pass to Howard. SVG is doing opposite thing for years, he is screaming and jumping like crazy when somebody is passing up a three point shot opportunity. That is why we are shooting so many 3s and that is why Dwight is averaging less than 14 FGA...

Dwight doesn't get 22-24 FGAs a game because he gets fouled so often and those don't count as FGAs. :) You still aren't getting the point. :) We NEED offense from other players to be a great team, no team ever wins with one player getting the ball and scoring every possesion. :) If we get 31 points from Dwight, that should be more than enough to win. Especially against the Kings. :)The problem is we can't get offense from the other players on our roster. :) I've never seen Stan scream at players for not taking threes. :) That's just made up nonsense. :) He gives players a green light to take threes, but that doesn't mean that's all he ever wants. :) He also can't control what every player does all the time. You have guys like Anderson and Arenas who shoot more threes than they should all the time. J-Rich is also consistently missing open threes these days. There is no problem with taking 25 threes a game. :) But the problem is the team isn't making threes at the rate they used to. :) When your roster is full of three point shooters, it is hard to ask them to go out there and do things they aren't capable of doing. :)

It's totally possible that Fisher makes the same shot over Alston. Guy has a history of making huge shots in playoff games. That decision is a total hindsight

It didn't help that Jameer was guarding the 2 while up 3. Fisher even mentioned that's why he took the shot. But that is on Jameer not SVG. I don't care too much for coaches records though. With the right talent, Mike Brown was in the Finals and COTY.

If we get 31 points from Dwight, that should be more than enough to win. Especially against the Kings. :)The problem is we can't get offense from the other players on our roster

Look, if 3 point shots are not falling why not to give Howard more shots? why 31 points should be enough? why can't he score 45 if he is playing great AND MAKING HIS FREE THROWS? There were stretches when Dwight was simply racing from one end to another while his team mates were shooting one jumper after another.

He also can't control what every player does all the time.

as a head coach he must control that and must be able to stop them if they are so "uncontrollable".

It didn't help that Jameer was guarding the 2 while up 3. Fisher even mentioned that's why he took the shot. But that is on Jameer not SVG.

also Jameer is undersized and never was a good defender and at that time he just missed the whole season and was absolutely out of shape. And it was on SVG, he could simply ask all players to defend the perimeter, and of course he could play Lee or Alston who were on the bench, they are both better defenders than Jameer and taller players....

Look, if 3 point shots are not falling why not to give Howard more shots? why 31 points should be enough? why can't he score 45 if he is playing great AND MAKING HIS FREE THROWS? There were stretches when Dwight was simply racing from one end to another while his team mates were shooting one jumper after another.

I'm all for getting Dwight the ball, but others need to be involved. I don't want a one man band. Ultimately, he scored 31 and the team as a whole scored 105. The defense was why we lost, not getting Dwight the ball more.

as a head coach he must control that and must be able to stop them if they are so "uncontrollable".

I never said they were uncontrollable. But Stan can't tell every player what to do every time down the floor, you're gonna get bad shots and forced threes sometimes. Anderson and Arenas are the main culprits there. Everyone on this team who plays except Dwight and Bass are three point shooters, what is Stan supposed to do? Tell them to never shoot and just let Dwight take every shot in the game? If players aren't making open shots, that is not Stan. He doesn't have many options either.

The problem is NOT SVG. There is no available coach who would do a better job. This team just isn't as good as some of the others in the league talent wise. That's on Otis, he wiped out our depth while actually making our starting five worse in the same moves.

The problem is NOT SVG. There is no available coach who would do a better job.

Rick Adelman's contract expires after this season...

Rick Adelman's contract expires after this season...

He would do a better job how? I could imagine as soon as we go on a losing streak with him people like you would be calling for his head. Coaching isn't the problem with this team. Teams are getting better around us and we're getting worse. The blame is on Otis. He's the one who grabbed up Jason Richardson who can't hit a shot or play a lick of defense. He is the one who wanted Gilbert Arenas. He's the one who let Hedo go, told Portland they dodged a bullet not signing him, and then traded for him a year later. He's the one who spent our MLE on two scrubs who are out of the rotation. Nobody except Dwight is playing well consistently anymore. THAT is on Otis. Stars keep coming out East and we are grabbing up Richardson and Arenas...

I could imagine as soon as we go on a losing streak with him people like you would be calling for his head.

Why are you comparing me to other people? :) I never liked SVG, never. All this 4 shooters surrounding Dwight and playing "small" is his stupid idea, yes Otis made mistakes but he was getting players for SVG's model of play...

Coaching isn't the problem with this team.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: