Sign in to follow this  
The Ryan Anderbads

Has SVG failed the Magic? OR Management? OR players?

First time I say this....I seriously wouldn't mind a change of coach, but I wouldn't want some assistant coach to take over for the rest of the season.

What coaches are available? Jerry Sloan and who else?

• Downvote 1

First time I say this....I seriously wouldn't mind a change of coach, but I wouldn't want some assistant coach to take over for the rest of the season.

What coaches are available? Jerry Sloan and who else?

I think there would be plenty of coaches available.... The problem is that the NBA is a names game... Teams do not look at the great coaches who are outside of the nba, instead they look the crum that is inside the nba.

Look at Dwight's usage rate compared to Shaq's rate at that time...

I said it in game chat a while ago, and I will say it again:

Dwight should be averaging about as many shot attempts as the team averages 3 pointers.

The funny thing is that I was blaming this loss on SVG during the chatroom and everyone hounded me. And now that he admitted it himself, my argument is looking mighty good right now :shard:

Van Gundy took the blame for Howard’s inactivity, saying: ``I didn’t get Dwight the ball enough. The free throw shooting scared me off a little bit to be honest, but that’s not a good enough excuse

It's not a good excuse. Quit being the master of panic and adjust.

Dammit.

I'm honestly getting fed up with this man. Everyone else is talking about "Oh, you canlt blame SVG. He can't FORCE players to give it to Dwight!". Yes he can, and you should shut up. I'm tired of hearing it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Truthfully our team cant shoot it anymore and as a result the offense bogs down. SVG keeps encouraging his guys to shoot their way out which they try to do and it puts the team in a bind. I mean they are getting looks at WIDE open 3's and shoot airballs and bricks. The perimiter has to be bottom 10 in the league at this point. I still say the wrong players have been brought in and their is no excuse for a extremely high paid club not to have at least 2 of the "right" guys in there...maybe 3. Management has brought in deadbeats and lazy players and this is the result.

• Upvote 2

Technically, not giving it to Howard would be an adjustment considering that's what they did in the second quarter.

And what would that adjustment be anyway? Teach Howard how to shoot better free throws in a second? Quit being an idiot.

Our poor shooting is still no excuse for our poor defense. You can still win games when the shots don't wanna fall if you just play good defense

• Upvote 2

I don't care if Howard has gone 0-12 through 3 quarters. He's our best option for an high percentage shot.

I agree the personnel needs changes. I think its a shame that we have a pg who rather chuck up long shots then create for his star big man.

Our poor shooting is still no excuse for our poor defense. You can still win games when the shots don't wanna fall if you just play good defense

Agree but we just don't have the personnel to be that team.